Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That secret barrister article is a great read. Looks as if Tommy will be going back inside in the near future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The whole affair reminds me of the release of Nelson Mandela in 1990. Same sort of positive vibe to it. Who knows, Robinson could end up as British PM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Sand wrote: »
    The whole affair reminds me of the release of Nelson Mandela in 1990. Same sort of positive vibe to it. Who knows, Robinson could end up as British PM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's definitely the white Mandela now that you mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

El Weirdo wrote: »

Imagine how disheartening that must have been for poor Tommy.

Fuckin' LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Imagine how disheartening that must have been for poor Tommy.

****in' LOL

yup, when the world cup is more important then #justice for chobbeh.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Haha, yeah. Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/QoAxe0J3k3c

Human rights lawyers saying he should have been in jail.
    Where he was subjected to mental torture.

These would be the same "human rights" lawyers that would fight tooth and nail for an Islamic terrorist's rights.

How was he subject to mental torture?

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's definitely the white Mandela now that you mention it.

Now and then you guys come out with some proper zingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Just popping out to the toilet to free Tommy Robinson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Looks like a lot of ordinary British people are getting sick of what's been going in their country in the last few years - ridiculous levels of mass immigration which have made certain cities unrecognisable from 30 or 40 years ago , grooming gangs allowed to operate because authority were afraid of being called waycist; a useless PC political class in London who sneer at anyone who dares to bring up these issues. Looks like it's going to boil over soon enough.

Looks like a lot of ordinary British people are getting sick of what's been going in their country in the last few years - ridiculous levels of mass immigration which have made certain cities unrecognisable from 30 or 40 years ago , grooming gangs allowed to operate because authority were afraid of being called waycist; a useless PC political class in London who sneer at anyone who dares to bring up these issues. Looks like it's going to boil over soon enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

I should preamble that I am as non PC as one can get, but the historic London murder tolls make for interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London#Murder

The London murder toll was much higher in 1990, when both the city population and the minority population were smaller. Granted, the vast majority of murders seem to involve black folk, but it begs the question- who was doing all the murdering in 1990, at a higher level, when London still had a larger white working class? Is there a reflective murder rate 28 years later in border parts of Essex and Kent and wherever else the children of London's original chavs are currently growing up?

You certainly have a good point, that much of London's current crime is committed by people who should be removed from the state. I wonder though, what became of the offspring of the criminals of 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Getting plenty mileage out of your one "joke" I see.

Getting plenty mileage out of your one "joke" I see.

Mileage?

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    I should preamble that I am as non PC as one can get, but the historic London murder tolls make for interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London#Murder

The London murder toll was much higher in 1990, when both the city population and the minority population were smaller. Granted, the vast majority of murders seem to involve black folk, but it begs the question- who was doing all the murdering in 1990, at a higher level, when London still had a larger white working class? Is there a reflective murder rate 28 years later in border parts of Essex and Kent and wherever else the children of London's original chavs are currently growing up?

You certainly have a good point, that much of London's current crime is committed by people who should be removed from the state. I wonder though, what became of the offspring of the criminals of 1990.

I didn't say anything about murder. I'm talking about cities being transformed by mass immigration, and a lots of people being unhappy with it. Go to Birmingham, London etc. and you'll see what I mean.

Now and then you guys come out with some proper zingers.

I actually took a break from being an angry man to make a tongue in cheek little gag and compare auld Thomas to Mandiba. Granted, it's no Location: The Pale, West Britain but it was light-hearted nonetheless.

I actually took a break from being an angry man to make a tongue in cheek little gag and compare auld Thomas to Mandiba. Granted, it's no Location: The Pale, West Britain but it was light-hearted nonetheless.

It's quite hard to tell when it comes to followers of people like Robinson and Trump.

I didn't say anything about murder. I'm talking about cities being transformed by mass immigration, and a lots of people being unhappy with it. Go to Birmingham, London etc. and you'll see what I mean.

Irish people and Irish culture are part of the fabric of the two cities mentioned. I have family that emigrated to both of them cities in the 60's and 70's. Part of the deal when you have an empire is that it will come to you.

Do you have a problem with Irish people in these cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

How was he subject to mental torture?

They asked him to both walk upright and talk coherently at the same time.

• Advertisement

It's quite hard to tell when it comes to followers of people like Robinson and Trump.

They're all the same as each other, is it? You're so above everyone on your side of the political spectrum aren't you? FWIW I've zero interest in anything Trump related. Nada, zilch. I'm not a full-on supporter of Tommy Robinson either but that doesn't mean I automatically discount all of what he says. Some of his stuff holds water and is interesting to a degree.

Odhinn wrote: »
    They asked him to both walk upright and talk coherently at the same time.

He's actually quite articulate to be fair Odhinn.

They're all the same as each other, is it? You're so above everyone on your side of the political spectrum aren't you? FWIW I've zero interest in anything Trump related. Nada, zilch. I'm not a full-on supporter of Tommy Robinson either but that doesn't mean I automatically discount all of what he says. Some of his stuff holds water and is interesting to a degree.

I'm talking about people with cult followings. They have fanatics that hold them on ridiculous pedestals. Which makes it hard to tell the difference between a fanatic making a light hearted claim or someone making a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never mind that, crown him king now

AfterLife wrote: »
    Irish people and Irish culture are part of the fabric of the two cities mentioned. I have family that emigrated to both of them cities in the 60's and 70's. Part of the deal when you have an empire is that it will come to you.

Do you have a problem with Irish people in these cities?

What are you on about now? *I* haven't a problem. I said the *British people* have a problem. Successive polls have shown over 70 per cent in favour of stricter immigration controls. Last year the number was above 300 thousand net.

What's the empire got to do with anything?? It has been a deliberate policy by successive governments to flood the country with immigrants. There was no onus on them to take these people in.

And nice little whatabouttery Re the Irish. There is an estimated 2 million people in Britain who can barely speak English. If you go to Birmingham or plenty of towns in the North you'll see the radical change that has taken place in communities; radically different from what the Irish brought. Whole neighbourhoods that look like busy streets in Calcutta. A radically different religion that is growing year by year. This has lead, in many towns like Burnley and Bradford, to 2 communities living side by side who have nothing to do with each other. Add to that the recent grooming scandals and subsequent cover ups and people are getting fed up with being ignored.

You can believe what you read in the Guardian - that Britain is a multicultural paradise - but the reality on the ground is very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Labour MP Sarah Champion:
    "Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls. There, I have said it, Does it make me racist?'

Dr Taj Hargey, imam of the Oxford Islamic Congregation : "
    "the vicious activities of the Oxford ring are bound up with religion and race: religion, because all the perpetrators, though they had different nationalities, were Muslim; and race, because they deliberately targeted vulnerable white girls, whom they appeared to regard as ‘easy meat’

...no amount of obfuscation can hide the pattern that has been exposed in a series of recent chilling scandals...In all these incidents, the abusers were Muslim men, and their targets were under-age white girls.
    To pretend that this is not an issue for the Islamic community is to fall into a state of ideological denial.
    (Muslims in Britain ) have been drip-fed for years a far less uplifting doctrine, one that denigrates all women, but treats whites with particular contempt"

Mohammed Shafiq (director of the Lancashire-based Ramadhan Foundation) :
    "I was one of the first within the Muslim community to speak out about this, four years ago," says Shafiq, "and at the time I received death threats from some black and Asian people. But what I said has been proved right — that if we didn't tackle it there would be more of these abusers and more girls getting harmed."

Conservative MP Kris Hopkins :
    "Time and time again it's a white girl being raped by Muslim men and if we deny that fact in this House then the BNP and everybody else climbs on board..." (there are)... "long lists of notorious abusers" who were not Muslim , We shouldn't get away from the fact that there are gangs of Muslim men going round and raping white kids".

Blackburn MP/Former Home Secretary Jack Straw:
    "Pakistanis, let's be clear, are not the only people who commit sexual offences, and overwhelmingly the sex offenders' wings of prisons are full of white sex offenders.
    But there is a specific problem which involves Pakistani heritage men ... who target vulnerable young white girls."

British Children's Minister, Tim Loughton:
    "We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg now. For too long it was something of a taboo issue in this country, little spoken about, little appreciated, little acknowledged or dealt with" the grooming cases raise "very troubling questions about the attitude of the perpetrators, all but one of whom were from Pakistani backgrounds, towards white girls. Nothing is gained by shying away from that."

Baroness Warsi(Muslim):
    There is a small minority of Pakistani men who believe that white girls are fair game.
    And we have to be prepared to say that. You can only start solving a problem if you acknowledge it first.
    This small minority who see women as second class citizens, and white women probably as third class citizens, are to be spoken out against."

Trevor Phillips (Chair of the Equalities and Human Rights Commission)
    The racial ethnicity of the men involved in the sexual exploitation of children in Greater Manchester cannot be ignored, has said.
    said it was "fatuous" to deny racial and cultural factors.

But Tommeh Robinson , oh he's just a racist bigot. Nothing to see here

What are you on about now? *I* haven't a problem. I said the *British people* have a problem. Successive polls have shown over 70 per cent in favour of stricter immigration controls. Last year the number was above 300 thousand net.

What's the empire got to do with anything?? It has been a deliberate policy by successive governments to flood the country with immigrants. There was no onus on them to take these people in.

Why do you think there is so many Pakistanis, Caribbeans, Irish etc in Britain?

It is very much to do with Empire.

"Due to the historical relations between the two countries, immigration to the UK from the region which is now Pakistan began in small numbers in the mid-19th century. During the mid-nineteenth century, parts of what is now Pakistan came under the British Raj and people from those regions served as soldiers in the British Indian Army, and some were deployed in other parts of the British Empire. However, it was following the Second World War, the break-up of the British Empire and the independence of Pakistan, that Pakistani immigration to the United Kingdom increased, especially during the 1950s and 1960s. This was made easier as Pakistan was a member of the Commonwealth."

And nice little whereabouts Re the Irish. There is an estimated 2 million people in Britain who can barely speak English. If you go to Birmingham or plenty of towns in the North you'll see the radical change that has taken place in communities; radically different from what the Irish brought. Whole neighbourhoods that look like busy streets in Calcutta. A radically different religion that is growing year by year. This has lead, in many towns like Burnley and Bradford, to 2 communities living side by side who have nothing to do with each other. Add to that the recent grooming scandals and subsequent cover ups and people are getting fed up with being ignored.

You can believe what you read in the Guardian - that Britain is a multicultural paradise - but the reality on the ground is very different.

You never answered my question. There was Irish areas in this two cities as well. They weren't particularly well liked either.

Why do you think there is so many Pakistanis, Caribbeans, Irish etc in Britain?

It is very much to do with Empire.

"Due to the historical relations between the two countries, immigration to the UK from the region which is now Pakistan began in small numbers in the mid-19th century. During the mid-nineteenth century, parts of what is now Pakistan came under the British Raj and people from those regions served as soldiers in the British Indian Army, and some were deployed in other parts of the British Empire. However, it was following the Second World War, the break-up of the British Empire and the independence of Pakistan, that Pakistani immigration to the United Kingdom increased, especially during the 1950s and 1960s. This was made easier as Pakistan was a member of the Commonwealth."

Right, so we've established that there was no onus on the British to bring these people in to the country.

You never answered my question. There was Irish areas in this two cities as well. They weren't particularly well liked either.

What question? I'm not talking about the Irish. Read what I wrote. I can't be arsed repeating myself.

Right, so we've established that there was no onus on the British to bring these people in to the country.

What question? I'm not talking about the Irish. Read what I wrote. I can't be arsed repeating myself.

They were under no obligation but they welcomed them in to their army and their country.

You are talking about immigration. Guess what? The Irish emigrating to Britain are immigrants. You can keep repeating yourself all you like but if you addressed the question you would have to say something different.

• Advertisement

They were under no obligation but they welcomed them in to their army and their country.

Who's 'they'? The politicians or the people?
    You are talking about immigration. Guess what? The Irish emigrating to Britain are immigrants. You can keep repeating yourself all you like but if you addressed the question you would have to say something different.

I'm talking about the situation on the ground in Britain. The immigrants from the Middle East bring a completely different culture, a different religion, different languages. Have you been to cities like Birmingham, blackburn or Burnley and seen the radical change to entire neighbourhoods. These changes have taken place in a relatively short period and, understandably, people are getting tired of it.

Now, care to deal with any of points or are you just going to play the waycist card as usual??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement