Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “It’s probably the sword of Master Googie’s Bodyguard Eric. I read those stories as a child. I have a bow that looks like the pictures.”
    Karinth laughs.

"That's not what happened. We have the truth in Othegregrad. Othegre valiantly saved the world through her signature combination of animals, quips and violence. I'm not sure what did the Outer Being in in the end, an augmented squirrel I think.

There was a halfling involved, but he was a duck's lover, the duck being Othegre's right hand man.

Then of course there was Bumpydump, who polished her armour and Eggyolk, who usually provides comedy to the tale, getting caught in every trap. Most likely an embellishment that didn't exist"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Karinth carefully places the squirming goop on a thick brush and 'paints' it into the exposed holes in Jeremy's skull. Eventually the cracks are filled with the stuff.

"Okay looking good...right, now I need the life energy to power the healing and accelerate and guide the mutations.

Guys, any fluid you wish into this bowl..."

He places it on the ground.

"...blood preferred obviously. Either that or I'll need to kill..."

He looks around.

"Where is Columbo?"
    Mags looks tempted to dab a finger into the goop to try and taste it. He decides to wait till after he sees the results of the magical experiment.
    He adds a few drops of the precious brandywine he acquired back in the kitchen and he spits into the bowl for good measure.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Karinth carefully places the squirming goop on a thick brush and 'paints' it into the exposed holes in Jeremy's skull. Eventually the cracks are filled with the stuff.

"Okay looking good...right, now I need the life energy to power the healing and accelerate and guide the mutations.

Guys, any fluid you wish into this bowl..."

He places it on the ground.

"...blood preferred obviously. Either that or I'll need to kill..."

He looks around.

"Where is Columbo?"

Vrakrash looks at Karinth sternly.

'Columbo is off limits. Here.'

He extends his wrist.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks at Karinth sternly.

'Columbo is off limits. Here.'

He extends his wrist.
    "I understand of course..."

He takes out a knife and takes some of Vrakrash and Ser Boros's blood.

"...Columbo is a member of the team then"

He places his hand on his chest.

"Now..." he extends his hand, places it into the bowl of fluid, biting his own lip and adding the blood to the mixture, before taking out the hand covered in blood and placing it on Jeremy's face.

He concentrates while staring into what remains of Jeremy's right eye.

B6aXpz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"I swear, they're on their way.

So.....

What do you do when you're not threatening to throw guests into a maelstrom of blades and spinny rooms? These your paintings?

Oh, and what's the deal with all the spiderpeople?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    "...Columbo is a member of the team then"

' He sure is. It would be like asking Rettie to sacrifice her raven... I don't think any of us would like the response.'

The growths spring to life. New muscle tissue pulls Jeremy's head together as vast amounts of cerebral tissue burst from the skull, before a hard blue hairy covering grows over them. A new set of eyes emerge, to provide enhanced sensory data to the new data crunching brain.

Karinth takes his hand away...

Y98P60.jpg

"Jeremy?"

"TAAASSSSKKKK" the creature groans.

"Yes, wonderful. Slightly out of tune phase space focusers on a teleporting unit, purely technological. Increase the focus as much as you can"

Jeremy courches over the wiring and begins working. A few minutes later he groans.

"DOOONNNEEE"

"Great! Shall we?"

He gestures to the others toward the room.

OOC: Only 1% chance of death now

Vrakrash smiles.

'See, it all worked out... I think.'

He moonwalks across the red line.

OOC: By moonwalk, I mean the dance move, not as if he was in outer space :pac:

Vrakrash reintegrates safely in the room with Retula. First time he has ever seen his own fire sacs as his jaw and throat are reintegrated.

Vrakrash turns and does a little pose.

'Ta-Da! You miss me Rettie?'

He eyes the druid.

'Who's the old guy... he your new man?'

• Advertisement

Mags decides not to try the goop in the bowl but he makes a mental note to see what other herbs Karinth has.
    He does a standing leap through the portal in the hopes of doing a 3-point landing on the otherside.

Vrakrash turns and does a little pose.

'Ta-Da! You miss me Rettie?'

"Yeah, like the comforting itch of a yeast infection.
    This dude is some kind of trial master. You want to take the sword you have to go through 3 trials blah blah blah.

Or if you have an empty jar, we can catch him in it when he turns to smoke.

Now take a moment, you're supposed to be awed by the giant statue. Dude killed a god and stuff."

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags decides not to try the goop in the bowl but he makes a mental note to see what other herbs Karinth has.
    He does a standing leap through the portal in the hopes of doing a 3-point landing on the otherside.
    Mags sees his organs as the muscle lifts from his skeleton, nice big orkish liver.

He reassembles just beside Vrakrash.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Yeah, like the comforting itch of a yeast infection.
    This dude is some kind of trial master. You want to take the sword you have to go through 3 trials blah blah blah.

Or if you have an empty jar, we can catch him in it when he turns to smoke.

Now take a moment, you're supposed to be awed by the giant statue. Dude killed a god and stuff."

'Hmmm.. Interesting.'

Vrakrash examines the warrior's statue and kneels before it.

'Lord Ekbard - please grant upon me your blessing to claim this sword on behalf of the irreverent, exuberant paladin of Mesharum - Iuric'

Mags sees his organs as the muscle lifts from his skeleton, nice big orkish liver.

He reassembles just beside Vrakrash.
    Mags drums a pattern, sings a scale, and checks his testicles, in that order, to be sure everything is working and in place. He looks around and waves to Retula. He sees Varkrash kneeling before a statue.
    "Being a vibration was more fun then that jump.
    Hi Retula. Why is he trying to blow a statue? Is that one of the tests or something? Also, there is some really creepy reanimation stuff going on back there. The dead wizard is being some kind of zombie locksmith or something and a drow has shown up, giving away silver.
    To be honest, I'm a bit confused by this place and would really like to get out, head to a tavern and get totally pished. I think we should make that the new plan."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Vrakrash smiles.

'See, it all worked out... I think.'

He moonwalks across the red line.

OOC: By moonwalk, I mean the dance move, not as if he was in outer space :pac:

I follow the Dragonborn I hired across the red line

Retula spits at the mention of another drow. Old racisms die hard.

"Dude, you can't solicit a minor to go drinking with you! Do you know what they do to guys like you in prison? The same thing they do to girls like me that got them sent to prison in the first place!

Dunno what Vrakrash is up to - he saw a statue of a big dude wanging his big weapon around and assumed the position. Never saw him as the type. This place is messing with people's minds, man, as well as you know all the **** with the extra legs and cheli-something-or-others. Maybe we should just get out of here once the Taintpaddler is distracted?"

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula spits at the mention of another drow. Old racisms die hard.

"Dude, you can't solicit a minor to go drinking with you! Do you know what they do to guys like you in prison? The same thing they do to girls like me that got them sent to prison in the first place!

Dunno what Vrakrash is up to - he saw a statue of a big dude wanging his big weapon around and assumed the position. Never saw him as the type. This place is messing with people's minds, man, as well as you know all the **** with the extra legs and cheli-something-or-others. Maybe we should just get out of here once the Taintpaddler is distracted?"

Ooc that the word “taint”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric seeing the Jeremy monstrosity mumbles "See, see. He's not dead I couldn't have killed him" mostly to himself. Iuric crosses the red line after Vrakrash and the Drow have gone through.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I follow the Dragonborn I hired across the red line

Ooc trial time.

• Advertisement

Karinth, Ser Boros, The drow they call Wade and beast Jeremy emerge in the sword chamber.

Karinth stares at the figure.

"The power, the rage, the sword, this is a perfect man..."

As he looks, his adulation overcomes the bond to Iuric.

"Wait a minute..."

Karinth grabs Vrakrash.

"WHERE IS THE PALADIN?"

Vrakrash finishes his genuflecting and rises.

'Uh.... he was with you guys. What's up?'

Iuric materialises in.

Karinth turns.

"YOU? Why did you attack Jeremy? Yes, you are a zealot and it was blasphemy, but Jeremy has risked his life for us..."

His eyes go red.

Iuric materialises in.

Karinth turns.

"YOU? Why did you attack Jeremy? Yes, you are a zealot and it was blasphemy, but Jeremy has risked his life for us..."

His eyes go red.

I take advantage of the action to start toward the sword.

'Er... Karinth.. what about this trial? It seems like a way to honour this hero in front of us'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric materialises in.

Karinth turns.

His eyes go red.
    "He... He's alive I couldn't have killed him. You saw him in... in the previous room he's alive. Not dead. Can't have murdered if he's not dead." Iuric rants as he's pacing around erratically.

'Er... Karinth.. what about this trial? It seems like a way to honour this hero in front of us'
    "There will be only one trial, trial by combat. I will split this cur in twain."

He draws a red sword from his back. It steams with hot blood, the screams from within it more audible than usual and begins to walk toward Iuric.

“What trial Patsy? “

• Advertisement

Iuric materialises in.

Karinth turns.

His eyes go red.

Retula rashers him with a thorn whip adjacent to the buttcheeks. (Ie noise and a percussive shock but no damage)
    "You had your chance to lynch him, you chose grapes over wrath. The moment's passed. Let him take the trial, earn the sword and let's get the **** out of here. Or he gets chopped up, I mean it's a win win."

Advertisement