Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    ooc: oops, it was south door, not north, which took me to intersection EW, with also a passage leading south. where i was heading before confronted by spiderpeople.
    Sarric heads down the T-junction South, the passage becomes techno-demonic

Scv91z.jpg

Eventually he enters a large techno-demonic chamber.

A large spider queen with purple magic flowing from cybernetic implants lies still, having crawled from a corridor to the South. She is birthing techno-spidermen eggs slowly, feeding on a mound of adventurer flesh maintained by spidermen larger than the ones they have encountered.

Beyond her to the South, a portal obscured by purple mists from the magic pouring off her. Even further south a corridor.

She does not see him yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric stealths towards the portal and throws a poison dart at the queen just before jumping into the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    "Certain death for the likes of you"

"Buddy, I *am* death, do you think my face looks like this for a bet? And im feeling very emotionally fragile right now, kind of makes me want to throw myself wholeheartedly into my work.."
    She makes the somatic gestures for an Eldritch Blast but without the vocalisations,
    "So please don't be cheeky. This sword, does it have any nicknames? That begin with D?"

**look, it's a sword and there's a ludicrously physical challenge, a weird druid, and a bunch of melodramatic statues. It'll be enough to keep that boybutcher happy. East of the skull room. Cross the line. Maybe one at a time, cause you don't want it to make any mistakes putting you back together. It almost definitely probably won't kill you. Mostly.**

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    **look, it's a sword and there's a ludicrously physical challenge, a weird druid, and a bunch of melodramatic statues. It'll be enough to keep that boybutcher happy. East of the skull room. Cross the line. Maybe one at a time, cause you don't want it to make any mistakes putting you back together. It almost definitely probably won't kill you. Mostly.**

**Gotcha.. Gonna join you soon. Don't do or kill anything I wouldn't... Probably leaves you a good scope there**

Vrakrash relays the directions to Iuric.

'Oh.. something about a red line and be careful we don't cross it together?'

Vrakrash makes for the room and stops short of the red line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric follows Vrakrash still mumbling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags listens to the ramblings of Iuric and think to himself about self-preservation.

"We have a fanatical goodiegoodietwoshoes sworn to kill anyone evil.

I imagine his plans run along the lines of...
    Step one. Kill all evildoers.
    Step two. Kill everyone else who is not Good.

It's only a matter of time before fanatical goodiegoodietwoshoes turns on us neutrals too, so, don't be a numbskull and don't give a god-sword to a raving fanatic intent on killing us and everyone else in this crazed crew, this preposterous pack, this alignment of alienated yet alliterated antagonists."

Mags follows Vrakrash.
    "Do ya think that whatever is changing us into spiders has started by affecting yon Angels reasoning? I mean, if we get out of here fast perhaps he'll revert to something more resembling of sane. The spiderelf I chatted too said there is no going back though so any changes he or we incur might be permanent. Lets get the hell out of Dodge as quickly as we can.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OldGoat wrote: »

Mags follows Vrakrash.
    "Do ya think that whatever is changing us into spiders has started by affecting yon Angels reasoning? I mean, if we get out of here fast perhaps he'll revert to something more resembling of sane. The spiderelf I chatted too said there is no going back though so any changes he or we incur might be permanent. Lets get the hell out of Dodge as quickly as we can.

Vrakrash turns to Mags.

'I understand your need to leave this accursed place, and I would tend to agree... but Iuric wishes to push on and find this sword, and for some reason I feel compelled to do likewise. More feelings I cannot quite understand why I have them... just... reasons.'

OOC: Not sure if you're aware re: start of thread OG, might explain it a bit more. Mags and Retula are unaffected as you joined us later.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash turns to Mags.

'I understand your need to leave this accursed place, and I would tend to agree... but Iuric wishes to push on and find this sword, and for some reason I feel compelled to do likewise. More feelings I cannot quite understand why I have them... just... reasons.'

OOC: Not sure if you're aware re: start of thread OG, might explain it a bit more. Mags and Retula are unaffected as you joined us later.

OOC: Mags knows nothing. He's just wandering from situation to situation in pursuit of my own goals and pleasures and hoping that he can figure **** out as he goes.

Behind them one of Redzer's portals open up and out steps a familiar looking Drow.

Vrakrash looks at the drow strangely.

'I... should remember? But I cannot place your name.. Are you friend or foe?'

• Advertisement

In front of them the teleporting floor crackles slightly.

"Should we step on?" Ser Boros asks.

Karinth has opened a panel in the floor carefully, looking at the wiring.

"See this is the problem...this works technologically, we abandoned that in Othegregrad long ago, the difficulty in compensating for the intrinsic spread of subatomic..."

Ser Boros looks at him blankly.

"They should have used magic, more reliable in this case"

In front of them the teleporting floor crackles slightly.

"Should we step on?" Ser Boros asks.

Karinth has opened a panel in the floor carefully, looking at the wiring.

"See this is the problem...this works technologically, we abandoned that in Othegregrad long ago, the difficulty in compensating for the intrinsic spread of subatomic..."

Ser Boros looks at him blankly.

"They should have used magic, more reliable in this case"

'Could you fix it so we might not disapparate Karinth?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

**What's taking you pussies so long? Afraid of a little complete disintegration and reintegration by a force you neither understand nor control and which may or may not be reliable? Grow up! Step on the plate. After checking there are no spiders nearby. Maybe that's where the hybrids come from. That'd be gross... You'll end up like that guy who totally wasn't a slaver who sold me into slavery. Wriggly? Biggles? Whatever. Come on, live a little. Also, this druid is learing at me funny, I'm not sure how much longer I can not cave his face in. And if he dies, who'll blow the whistle to start your trial? I've told you before, I ain't blowin' nothin, I left that **** behind in the 'Fell! **

**Fine... but if I explode so does my big ass gem, and all my stuff... there'll be no pillaging my corpse. Wish me luck... I think you'll miss me Rettie if something were to happen.**

Vrakrash steps across the red line.

Karinth responds.

"Repairing something like this requires intense mental calculations. In Othegregrad we had vat grown augmented biocalculators..."

Ser Boros grimaces.

"...made from the dead Ser Boros. Now if only we knew somebody recently deceased who had incredible mental abilities capable of storing and manipulating vasts amount o symbolic data. Just like something a mage could do. If we had such a group and a morally flexible group about me, perhaps my Vivimancy could accomplish something"

He grabs Vrakrash's leg before he steps across.

"What do you think?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Vrakrash looks at the drow strangely.

'I... should remember? But I cannot place your name.. Are you friend or foe?'

I nod and smile showing wicked teeth gleaming white against my skin.

Karinth responds.

"Repairing something like this requires intense mental calculations. In Othegregrad we had vat grown augmented biocalculators..."

Ser Boros grimaces.

"...made from the dead Ser Boros. Now if only we knew somebody recently deceased who had incredible mental abilities capable of storing and manipulating vasts amount o symbolic data. Just like something a mage could do. If we had such a group and a morally flexible group about me, perhaps my Vivimancy could accomplish something"

He grabs Vrakrash's leg before he steps across.

"What do you think?"

'I think if I don't explode I'll be happy. Do your thing Karinth. If anyone takes issue - well... you can step across the red line there and take your chances I reckon.'

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I nod and smile showing wicked teeth gleaming white against my skin.

Vrakrash is a little taken aback.

'Er, I mean... the guy who looked like you was friend I think... so.. friend?'

He tentatively extends his hand to the drow.

Ser Boros turns.

"Your name friend, you look familiar, there was an elf we left behind in a bar in Dhurn Dharal"

Karinth returns with Jeremy's shattered corpse.

"Okay, so, first cerebral cogitating growths..."

He brings pieces of Jeremy's skull together, though it is still mostly shattered.

"Vrakrash, Ser Boros, Mags, get me spider corpses.

Mags how is your knowledge of drugs?"

• Advertisement

Karinth returns with Jeremy's shattered corpse.

"Okay, so, first cerebral cogitating growths..."

He brings pieces of Jeremy's skull together, though it is still mostly shattered.

"Vrakrash, Ser Boros, Mags, get me spider corpses.

Vrakrash leaves and returns to the room where they fought the spidermen. He grabs as many corpses as he can carry and heads back to the others. He repeats this as many times as is necessary.

OOC: Handshake offer still open to Jack, consider it a different timeline if that's ok with Four :)

"Well, I know the difference between a tab of acid and a vat of acid. I can tell you the difference between a chillum and a 'Camberwell Carrot'. Lets just say that I can make an educated guess on the quality of some recreational substances.
    Do you have something you'd like me to sample?"

Vrakrash is a little taken aback.

'Er, I mean... the guy who looked like you was friend I think... so.. friend?'

He tentatively extends his hand to the drow.

I hand him a silver piece.

Ser Boros turns.

"Your name friend, you look familiar, there was an elf we left behind in a bar in Dhurn Dharal"

“I have no memory of the last 7 years, or at least that is what I have deduced.”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I hand him a silver piece.

'Er... thanks, I think? Look, we're trying to find some legendary sword for one of our party members, would you like to join us?'

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Well, I know the difference between a tab of acid and a vat of acid. I can tell you the difference between a chillum and a 'Camberwell Carrot'. Lets just say that I can make an educated guess on the quality of some recreational substances.
    Do you have something you'd like me to sample?"
    "No, just your help..."

Vrakrash and Mags get to work on mixing herbs, as Vrakrash extracts cerebral tissue and venom from the spidermen. After a few minutes a strange pool of wriggling tissue develops in a bowl as he feeds everything into it along with strange white magic.

"Okay, Ser Boros, just hold Jeremy's head in place"

"No!"

"Okay, Vrakrash?"

Vrakrash lightly shoves Ser Boros aside.

'Who knew such a brave warrior would be so squeamish?'

He holds the skull in place.

'Er... thanks, I think? Look, we're trying to find some legendary sword for one of our party members, would you like to join us?'

“It’s probably the sword of Master Googie’s Bodyguard Eric. I read those stories as a child. I have a bow that looks like the pictures.”

Mags uses Magehand to help hold the body.

• Advertisement

Karinth carefully places the squirming goop on a thick brush and 'paints' it into the exposed holes in Jeremy's skull. Eventually the cracks are filled with the stuff.

"Okay looking good...right, now I need the life energy to power the healing and accelerate and guide the mutations.

Guys, any fluid you wish into this bowl..."

He places it on the ground.

"...blood preferred obviously. Either that or I'll need to kill..."

He looks around.

"Where is Columbo?"

Advertisement