Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'NO! Karinth I will NOT stand for this!'

Vrakrash steps between Iuric and Karinth.

'Stand down... you are my ally, and I cannot allow this to happen. Iuric had his reasons, they were justified... yes, they were justified!'

He draws his weapons.

'I will fight you if I have to.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric stealths towards the portal and throws a poison dart at the queen just before jumping into the portal.
    The queen roars and tens of spidermen race for Sarric as he leaps into the portal....

He then appears out the other side half way down a massive sink hole in midair, he falls for twelve minutes before hitting water.

Beneath the surface of the water he can see seven pillars with a squirming black mass with hundreds of mouths at their center.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I take advantage of the action to start toward the sword.
    Somehow, the druid has not stopped Wade, who stands before the sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

i grab the sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric does a 360 to see if these is any way to get out of the water.

• Advertisement

Ser Boros places a hand on Karinth.

"Friend, perhaps not now"

Karinth relaxes.

"Fine, the sword then"

Sarric does a 360 to see if these is any way to get out of the water.
    The sink hole extends far too high to climb, it would take hours to climb the walls, even provided they had grips.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    i grab the sword
    OOC: Charisma check, Target 20

Fourier wrote: »

Ooc Well I can’t do that i dumped charisma
    Do I winnon a 20 even with the modifier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

"YES THE SWORD. THE SWORD WILL MAKE IT RIGHT."

"You" pointing at the Druid "Where is Durandal?"

• Advertisement

Ooc Luckily I rolled a 9

Evade wrote: »
    "YES THE SWORD. THE SWORD WILL MAKE IT RIGHT."

"You" pointing at the Druid "Where is Durandal?"
    Wade lets go of the sword, the white hot fire on the blade making the handle to hot to hold.

The druid turns.

"The sword is there, within the statue's grip. However only those of a martial heart may attempt to claim it without the trial"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Right, let's just do this trial before we all kill each other by standing around.'

Vrakrash looks to the druid.

'I have received blessings from Lord Ekbard. I wish to take the trial.'

Iuric runs up an grabs the sword "DURANDAL."

Sarric attempts to climb a little, using a piton and his last t-rex tooth for purchase. 'I can climb for hours, but i can't breath under water.' sarric thinks to himself.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Right, let's just do this trial before we all kill each other by standing around.'

Vrakrash looks to the druid.

'I have received blessings from Lord Ekbard. I wish to take the trial.'
    "Lord Ekbard does not give blessings, but you may take the trial dragon"
    Iuric runs up an grabs the sword "DURANDAL."

Vrakrash heads for the first trial room.

Sarric attempts to climb a little, using a piton and his last t-rex tooth for purchase. 'I can climb for hours, but i can't breath under water.' sarric thinks to himself.
    The climbing is going pretty well, Sarric makes a good height in the first half hour. Then a voice speaks to him.

"Don't leave so soon, my waters are breathable, will you not speak to me. I rarely have visitors. There is a lot I can offer you"

OOC: Exactly 20

"Lord Ekbard does not give blessings, but you may take the trial dragon"

Vrakrash heads for the first trial room.
    Iuric grabs the hilt. The heat is incredible, but he must have this sword, Durandal will make everything right.

This absolute conviction overcomes the the power protecting the sword, the flame no longer burns Iuric, accepting him as his master. He sees now that it is a wraith blade, a drinker of souls.

The trial room implodes just before Vrakrash steps on, as Iuric holds the sword above him.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash turns.

'Oh, you got the sword! This is a great day!'

Vrakrash grabs Retula and shakes her a little.

'Isn't it a great day?'

"WHAT!!" Karinth roars.

"...fine, let us leave, so that all of you may be rid of your subservience to him"

"TheswordtheswordIhavetheswordwhatevertranspiredformetopossessitmattersnotIhaveDURANDAL"
    Iuric talking far too fast while swinging the sword to try it out.

The climbing is going pretty well, Sarric makes a good height in the first half hour. Then a voice speaks to him.

"Don't leave so soon, my waters are breathable, will you not speak to me. I rarely have visitors. There is a lot I can offer you"

Sarric stops.

Thinks upon this for a while.

"Yes, I will speak to you. I did not know the water was breathable and thought it was a barrier from proceeding onwards. Are you the entity in the center of the pillars? or is that a danger to me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash turns.

'Oh, you got the sword! This is a great day!'

Vrakrash grabs Retula and shakes her a little.

'Isn't it a great day?'

"Yeah.

Peachy.

Can we go?
    Jeremy, I love what you did with your hair!"

'What do you say, Iuric? Is it time to split from this place? You have what you came for...'

Vrakrash shrugs.

'But of course it is your choice. I shall do whatever you decide.'

Banjo wrote: »
    "Yeah.

Peachy.

Can we go?
    Jeremy, I love what you did with your hair!"
    "JEREMY!"

"Yes, I will speak to you. I did not know the water was breathable and thought it was a barrier from proceeding onwards. Are you the entity in the center of the pillars? or is that a danger to me?"
    "I am the entity at the center. I will not lie, I cannot. I am dangerous, but you present an opportunity to me, you will not be harmed"

Vrakrash looks for other exits to the chamber, now that the trial room has gone kaput.

• Advertisement

"Yes. Yes. Let us put this place, and unpleasant memories behind us" Iuric says stroking the sword not unlike a serial killer would to his weapon of choice.

Advertisement