Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene V - The Valley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    "I am the entity at the center. I will not lie, I cannot. I am dangerous, but you present an opportunity to me, you will not be harmed"

"The alluring scent of the venus fly trap. So, you want to talk and me to give you oppurtunities. Do you want me to self sacrifice myself to you before you tell me any more?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    "The alluring scent of the venus fly trap. So, you want to talk and me to give you oppurtunities. Do you want me to self sacrifice myself to you before you tell me any more?"
    "I wish you to become my agent in the world. I have no clerics anymore, no more than maybe five in world worship me. But if you would remind those who used to worship me that I still exist, then I will give you some power."

OCC: This is a free level of Cleric.

"Thats a fair exchange, I accept."
    Sarric pushes off the wall and dives into water, trex tooth still in hand, piton left in the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"JEREMY!"

"I feel you man! Well, your brain percentages seem to be firing, and you're a little braver than you used to be. Sit here and copy exactly what I do from the moment I sit down. When I tap your hand 3 times say 'Ocky', comprendé?"

She whips out her pocket brazier, tome and some herbs, then sits and runs him through the find familiar ritual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags sees his organs as the muscle lifts from his skeleton, nice big orkish liver.

He reassembles just beside Vrakrash.
    Mags stares at everyone closely and continuously, watching for any extra-folicular activity.
    "Can we go find Serric now? I want out of this dank place."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    "I feel you man! Well, your brain percentages seem to be firing, and you're a little braver than you used to be. Sit here and copy exactly what I do from the moment I sit down. When I tap your hand 3 times say 'Ocky', comprendé?"

She whips out her pocket brazier, tome and some herbs, then sits and runs him through the find familiar ritual
    As the ritual completes, a familiar octopus appears in the room.

"Bro? Looking good, so glad you managed to avoid death!"

He gives Jeremy an octohug.

"So posthuman revival, unconventional, but I suppose nobody here can revive the dead"

He turns to Retula.

"Baldy, what's been happening? I was back in the abyss for four decades subjectively"

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags stares at everyone closely and continuously, watching for any extra-folicular activity.
    Karinth pats him on the back.

"Yes, Sarric, things were much simpler when following him. Let's go get him"

"Thats a fair exchange, I accept."
    Sarric pushes off the wall and dives into water, trex tooth still in hand, piton left in the wall.
    As he dives into the water the black mass rises to greet him, he falls into an inky void.

"You are within the plane on which I reside. I am an old god of dreams, though few remember me now. Restore my temple in Bandysia so that I may be glorified once again. I ask this of you, my only Cleric.

Sarric falls through the black out of a gate into Ser Boros's arms.

"Karinth, Mags? I've got Sarric"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Sarric? What are you hanging around like that for... Are you a spidermonk?'

He looks at Mags.

'Problem solved, I guess. Let's find a tavern and raise a glass to uh... Jeremy... I guess.'

He pats 'Jeremy' on the shoulder.

As the ritual completes, a familiar octopus appears in the room.

"Bro? Looking good, so glad you managed to avoid death!"

He gives Jeremy an octohug.

"So posthuman revival, unconventional, but I suppose nobody here can revive the dead"

He turns to Retula.

"Baldy, what's been happening? I was back in the abyss for four decades subjectively"

"Oh nothing much. Just getting totally disassembled, blanked by some ancient crusty **** and running this ritual for the 4th time* without success. I mean, when a puppet with a brain-porridge afro can do it better then you, I'm thinking maybe that's the multiverse telling you you shudda been Rogue like your sponsor wanted you to be."

*OOC : To be clear - 'cause I see how that sounds if you read it in my voice :P - she ran the ritual about 4 times in total since MrH got hisself flambéd, each time it was run as "flavour" where I stated that it failed in-line without giving 4 a chance to respond. I needed a mourning period. But I'm ready to move on.

"Here, Jeremy seems to be a teensy tiny bit more capable than he was when his brain was mostly inside his head, but he still can't defend himself for ****. How many of these short swords you reckon you can hold?"

OOC : I know, I know, familiars can't use the attack action. But Jeremy is a mathamagical supercomputer now so don't-ask-don't-get applies :D

By the way, on the one had
    Find Familiar states "When the familiar drops to 0 Hit Points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again" but on the other he was never exactly a by-the-book summoning and there's no dramatic impact to his being sacrificed if he can come back, so I'll leave Mr Humphalgrumps' fate in your hands. If you are aware of a less cheat-ish but Shadowfell-appropriate animal that can serve as familiar I'm open to suggestions. Realistically in this environment it's going to be a ****ing spider isn't it? Or a tiny little clockwork dude :D

• Advertisement

Ocky plucks a few daggers from some of the statues.

"I can give it a try" he says placing a dagger in four of his tentacles.

Karinth overhears Retula speaking.

"Perhaps we need to clear this place for a new familiar to hear your call, what planar being were you thinking. Demon? Elemental?"

Sarric falls through the black out of a gate into Ser Boros's arms.

"Karinth, Mags? I've got Sarric"

"Thanks Ser Boros, can you let me down now. Anyone want another quick fight before we leave this accursed place? I found the spiderqueen and 10 spidermen, slightly bigger than the last ones we fought."

Ser Boros puts down Sarric and a bit confused, turns to Mags.

Alright Bard let's head back and out of this complex...through the portal...into the underground facility...back up to the valley...then out of the valley back to the Inner World North Pole...where by the BlackMoor kings are we any more?"

He steps back onto a similar silver plate and disappears.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    "Thanks Ser Boros, can you let me down now. Anyone want another quick fight before we leave this accursed place? I found the spiderqueen and 10 spidermen, slightly bigger than the last ones we fought."

'Sounds like fun. Will let Iuric there test out his fancy new sword too.

Lead on Sarric.'

"Anyone gonna try doing the test? Just for giggles now, no prizes anymore but it might provide a few laughs. Vrakrash? Iuric?
    No. Good, lets get outta here."

Mags looks at the new clericy vibration emanating from Serric and wonders if this bodes good or ill for later. It reminds him of his own dealings with the god of music (whom he thinks might have been an aspect of Oghma) and fondly caresses JoePaz to strike up a tune, a march. The march rings out, strident, victorious, joyous, something heroes would sing on the way to a tavern for a victory celebration.

Karinth laughs.

"Sarric is back and already has something exciting lined up for us...good old Sarric. Have you seen the glorious fellow depicted by the statue, I'd say he was up for killing hundreds. Right come on my Monkish friend, lets rip open this queen"

He steps onto the silver plate.

Vrakrash steps on the silver plate following Karinth.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Sarric? What are you hanging around like that for... Are you a spidermonk?'

"heh, hanging around? spidermonk? I was away having a natter with my new old god and he returned me to here when we were finished, it was under water, so I don't think tea and sandwiches would have worked, I'll have to think about that if I am to visit again, dining underwater takes some thinking about. I have a mission now." Sarric beams a big smile.

Sarric gets on the silver plate too.

Mags gleefully follows on wondering which of his internal organs he'll see this time. He pauses at the gateway wondering if anyone wants to go through at the same time for potential splicing.

• Advertisement

Retula follows, once Mags has safely gone through alone (or with Jeremy and Ocky, that'll be hilarious)

Mags gleefully follows on wondering which of his internal organs he'll see this time. He pauses at the gateway wondering if anyone wants to go through at the same time for potential splicing.
    Okky volunteers.

"As a demon this isn't even my true form, so I'm happy to splice"

OOC: Up to you OG

As the group reappears in the room with the red line, Karinth turns.

"Technically, as this is a separate plane I can use my medallion to get us out of here, any location ideas?

Continue exploring the Inner World, or head back to more familiar locales?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric spent most of the time until Sarric returned going through some basic sword forms with laser like focus to get a feel for 'Durandal' and at the mention of a fight "Yes, more spiderthings to slay" said in a very unsettling manner and he steps onto the plate after the Mags/Ocky/Jeremy combo.

Okky volunteers.

"As a demon this isn't even my true form, so I'm happy to splice"

OOC: Up to you OG
    "Chaos rules right? OK, lets go! "
    Mags holds one of Occys tentacles and steps forward.

Edit: Mocky? Oggs?

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric spent most of the time until Sarric returned going through some basic sword forms with laser like focus to get a feel for 'Durandal' and at the mention of a fight "Yes, more spiderthings to slay" said in a very unsettling manner and he steps onto the plate after the Mags/Ocky/Jeremy combo.
    The blade is powerful beyond compare and more, its soul drinking power is intoxicating.

OOC: 2d10 damage, with chance (20%) to siphon opponent health

OOC: Greatsword?

457421.png

That's Metallurgy, baby!

OOC: Two, four, six, eight is Durandal a sword, great? 'Great' meaning large or immense we're using it in the physical sense.

• Advertisement

"Chaos rules right? OK, lets go! "
    Mags holds one of Occys tentacles and steps forward.

Edit: Mocky? Oggs?
    Moggs emerges from the teleport.

His skin is now a strange blue colour and he finds his hands can morph between tentacles and fingers at will.

The presence of a beak on his lower back is a cause for concern.

OOC: In addition to the above, you can planeshift to the abyss, the realm of demons, at will. It's a dangerous place though

Advertisement