Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

dulux99 wrote: »
    Really good episode today on the Ozil debacle.

Bit surprised they dedicated the whole show to it but I guess there's not a lot else going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm a bit done in general with Ken's fondness for dissecting quotes, but he was the man you'd want to hear from yesterday. Admittedly Ozil's statement had greater wider significance than the latest transparently self serving blather thatMourinho dishes up regularly.

Honingstein was good in his analysis, he's one of the top football journos around.

Ken still managed a snippet of Mou moaning in at the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Bit surprised they dedicated the whole show to it but I guess there's not a lot else going on...

Give me that over "interesting quotes from [insert player or manager here] today"

Spoiler alert - the quotes are literally never interesting. The only time they're ever marginally interesting is if the player trips over himself and forgets his media training for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Pter wrote: »

I think there should be a moratorium this year on Ken talking Mourinho quotes. He's the least interesting of men when it comes to quotes; it's all just deflect, deflect attention away from any blame that could possibly fall on him by either throwing other people under the bus or saying something knowingly outrageous that'll keep the media all worked up with its outrageousness. He really has nothing interesting to say IMO.

Mr.H wrote:
    Ings has a couple of years but his injury record goes against his fee. Origi has loads of experience in the premier league france and germany but having a year left goes against his fee. Although ox was in a similar spot.

2 tickets going spare to the live show if anyone wants them. Can't make it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

2 tickets going spare to the live show if anyone wants them. Can't make it myself!

would love these! always miss out on the worls servive announcement.

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Its going to be full on back to the Jose obsession now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can't help himself! Does get old quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

boccy23 wrote: »
    Can't help himself! Does get old quickly.

ah come on - Mourinho's comments were ridiculous.

He's basically given up before the season has begun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭boccy23

lawred2 wrote: »

Not on about the specific comment, but hardly a report on sport goes by without a Mourinho quote being analysed to death by Ken. They are not that interesting each and every time.

All the more reason to ignore him, no?

Not on about the specific comment, but hardly a report on sport goes by without a Mourinho quote being analysed to death by Ken. They are not that interesting each and every time.

That's what wrecks my head, it just gets boring. Everyone knows what Jose is like so talk about something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

All the more reason to ignore him, no?

Do we ignore everyone when they say something ridiculous?

Do we ignore everyone when they say something ridiculous?

Depends if they keep saying silly things over and over and over and over and over again.

How many times do you take an idiot/manipulative person at face value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Don't forget Pep or Diego Torres.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Diego Torres stuff is funny and usually worth listening to, Ken giving out about Mourinho got boring a while ago and I wouldn't disagree with what Ken says about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

I wouldn't disagree with what Ken says about him.

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with anything Ken has to say about football

That Kaiser story is hilarious, definitely going to try catch that film somewhere.

Enjoyed the contributors yesterday. Both for the Kaiser story and for the Ozil follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The pods were very good this week. Enjoyed the cycling chat. I'd like to hear that guy on again.

Haven't listened yet, but today's Eamonn Dunphy retrospective looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Did I somehow miss it or did they not preview the All-Ireland hurling semi-finals at all this week?

Seems a major oversight given there is no Premier League football back yet and even if there was you would still expect some sort of preview of one of the biggest GAA weekends of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Did I somehow miss it or did they not preview the All-Ireland hurling semi-finals at all this week?

Seems a major oversight given there is no Premier League football back yet and even if there was you would still expect some sort of preview of one of the biggest GAA weekends of the year.

Especially with the narratives (ech, I hate myself a little for using the word) involved, especially Limerick, I'd say they're like dogs with 2 mickies with the excitement up there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Didnt they have the last Clare captain on during the week? didnt finish listening to it fully

Didnt they have the last Clare captain on during the week? didnt finish listening to it fully

They did, a good interview, but I thought they'd get Duignan and someone else on for a full preview of both semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

they only did a bit on the Limerick Cork match, from the Cork guys perspective..very poor in fariness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hold the phone, no all Ireland semi final preview this week? What the absolute f*ck??

Laughing here on the train platform at Rob Kearney being inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mick Foley did quickly go over on the Cork Limerick game, I've heard a few previews of the Hurling semi finals so I'm not that bothered, never heard of Gaelic Sunday, I was happier to hear about that instead.

Ken summed up the RTE panel beautifully.

"Giles is going to figure out what's happening in the match, while Dunphy is going to decide, who's the prick here?"

I agree with Ken about research, the majority of it is just window dressing, on his comments about social media, will RTE's coverage be blander from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement