Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Cass, you nailed it :cool:

Well said !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

How can you tell? Do they have passports etc?

Because they said that's who they're complaining about. Also, "refugee" and "economic migrant" are handled very differently at the border for decent reasons, and the rules about the latter preclude the guy floating in a dingy in the middle of the med from claiming that status.

Seriously, the "mistrust the refugees" argument literally is the Gardai's argument that we are all criminals who've not been caught yet because we have guns, just applied to people fleeing a war zone.

Cass wrote: »
    Blacks make up 14% of the population of the US. Of that some 21 million are male so that is 7% of the total population. They are responsible for 62% of robberies, 57% of the total murders, and 45% of assaults (the number is actually less than 7% as its not all black men involved).
    None of which actually matter when you measure what percentage of black suspects are shot and killed versus what percentage of white suspects are.
    We've all seen the video footage of black suspects doing absolutely nothing wrong, complying with the officers involved and then being murdered on camera. Hands empty and on display, complying with instructions, doing nothing - hell, even lying down on the ground with hands in the air (and in that case it was a nurse caring for a guy with mental health issues). We've seen videos of police literally start shooting out the windscreen of their car before stopping. And when you look at things like how much training those police get (the average is around 12 weeks), how little data is shared between forces over officer's track records (nearly none which several police departments say is a causal factor in these things because someone can be involved in a shooting, be found at fault, get fired, go to another state and join their police force and they'll no nothing of this), and the amount of military hardware they're being issued, it's not exactly surprising this goes on.

As for Antifa.............. any thoughts?
    Well, they originated in London when Jews decided that Mosley's meetings needed to be broken up and nobody else was going to do it, so they're not exactly newfangled or left-wing.
    Unless you class Mossad as lefties...

Who said the far left, i said the left, the Dems, the Donkeys, the "progressives", the "liberals".
    Come on. The Democrats are as left wing as Thatcher. Actually, they're probably to her right. There's one single democrat up for election to congress that we'd call left-wing and she's so so radical that she thinks there should be a public healthcare system and a public educational system. That's literally radical in that party. To want what we've had for longer than our parents were around. US politics is pretty much all right-wing, from Sanders to Sessions. You can barely see what we'd call the center from their least right-wing position.
    The EU made a comprehensive decision to allow uncontrolled, unrestricted immigration.
    No, they absolutely did not. They made a decision to shelter refugees which is not the same thing. Immigration to the EU hasn't changed. And neither has how we handle refugees, at least not much - the custom of sheltering people fleeing warzones is not new, it predates Ireland for a start (look at the Belgians who fled to the UK in WW2 or any one of a dozen different similar refugee movements before then). It's the largest one we've seen up close in our lifetimes, that's the only difference.
    Only this week it was announced that 25 African families would be brought into Ireland, given a 6 week induction course as some facility, granted citizenship, a handout of €5,000, a house to live in, and full employment benefits.
    They're refugees and we're giving them shelter not citizenship. And it's not 25 families, it's 25 people in total. And we get funding from the EU for it because we're not one of the larger economies like Germany, where they pay for the refugees they shelter and for the ones we do.
    There are people on streets i their thousands.
    I know, and it's not a zero sum game, we can look after both groups. But the party of people who wake up early in the morning thinks there's something wrong with that idea, so we let people die both here and in the med. It's not an either/or choice.

And y'all might remember, at some point we are going to be called to answer for things like the direct provision system to our kids in the same way we called the catholic church to answer for Ferns, and we won't have the easy out they got. We're running what are basically concentration camps for refugees right now. It's beyond a disgrace - 30C and we're selling them drinking water. We are not so damn poor we need to do that, but someone got a nice little earner of a contract to run the place, and we have a pattern of going along with those kinds of things - it's what we did with the laundries.
    That resentment festers and grows
    It grows because it's fed by people who profit off it.
    So long as people don't like refugees, direct provision continues and people make a small mint off the taxpayer. So a few quid bunged to the tabloids to call them migrants when they're not, to spread around fake stories about huge grants and free houses and citizenship and how them durty foreigners are getting stuff we're not? That few quid pays off in spades for the lads with the contracts.
    I'm sick of this leftist bias about President Trump.
    I'm not sure it's leftist or rightist bias when half his own party are walking out in protest. His ambassadors are resigning in protest saying he's lying about Nato and the EU. When the hell has that ever happened before? I can't remember it. And yes, quite a lot of the daft **** is older than he is (the wall, their policy towards illegal immigration, and a few others), but I don't remember any administration being this joyously cruel and petty about everything. You might not like Clinton but did he ever go on and on about being interviewed by Fox? Did Bush ever talk about his own party members the way Trump does? Did Bush Sr ever go after the press the way Trump has? This isn't some lefty thing, this guy is something nastier than anyone's seen before, it's why there's opposition to him from both parties.
    You have guys like John McCain voting against him for feck's sakes, and he's hardly a long-haired commie hippie tree-hugger.
    The lies and bias of the leftist media was once again highlighted only this week by Time magazine. No one is forcing people to cross illegally. They know the risks associated with it, but choose to do this rather than go a centre or consul where they can start the process legally.
    You missed the bit where they're being murdered on the other side of the border because of things started on the US side. Not to mention that there are documented cases of people doing everything completely legally and still being treated as illegals. And part of that comes down to stupid technical stuff that indicates that nobody on the US side is interested in having legal migration - ICE literally disabled the part of their computer system that gave an okay when doing risk assessments of migrants. Before the change, the system either said "probably fine" or "probably criminal" and they literally turned off the first option. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-immigration-court/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sparks wrote: »
    None of which actually matter when you measure what percentage of black suspects are shot and killed versus what percentage of white suspects are.
    So the facts don't matter. Then what is the point in discussing it further if you disregard the stats yet claim BLM have them on their side?

Blacks commit a huge percentage of crime compared to their demographic size yet you and the left think it's racist when a larger than normal amount of blacks are shot during the proceeds of these crimes? :confused::rolleyes:
    We've all seen the video footage of black suspects doing absolutely nothing wrong
    No. Not saying itdoesn't happen or that every shooting is justified but according to stats its not even among the top 20 of "most deadly" causes of black deaths.
    Well, they originated in London when Jews decided that Mosley's meetings needed to be broken up and nobody else was going to do it, so they're not exactly newfangled or left-wing.
    Well deflected, but in case you need a refresher i'm talking about these f**kwits

antifa_840x480.jpg
    Come on. The Democrats are as left wing as Thatcher.
    If you want to be pedantic then i'll rephrase it. The "left" as the democratic party and their ilk are commonly referred to.
    No, they absolutely did not. They made a decision to shelter refugees which is not the same thing.
    Yes they did, and no it's not.

They have been working on a migration agenda since 1999 and the influx of migrants from 2015 has sparked a reinvigoration of this agenda. Led by Jean Claude-Drunkard, Merkel and the likes, and their plan of allowing millions and millions of people in with little to no security checks or scrutiny.
    They're refugees and we're giving them shelter not citizenship.
    As per the article:
    They will be first brought to an induction centre such as at Ballaghadereen for six weeks before they are allocated full citizenship of Ireland, payment of up to 5000 Euro each under Emergency Needs, as well as the full dole.
    Ireland holds the title of highest awarding of Irish citizenship within Europe.
    And y'all might remember, at some point we are going to be called to answer for things like the direct provision system to our kids in the same way we called the catholic church to answer for Ferns, and we won't have the easy out they got.
    You are taking the piss if you think rampant child sexual abuse is even close to what "migrants" are getting in terms of support and aid. With "good ould Catholic ireland" you also have institutional failures as well as corruption from within the Government and Gardaí. A trend that continues today, with our own people.

As for this :
    We're running what are basically concentration camps for refugees right now.
    That is the same sick and twisted logic i see spouted in the states about the detention centres for ILLEGALS. How can anyone trivialize the death and depravity that was seen in the concentration camps as comparable to holding centres for criminals and illegals? It's a sick bastardisation of the term and those that use it denigrate and piss on the memories of those involved in the holocaust.
    It grows because it's fed by people who profit off it.
    Firstly that is a consequence, not a cause. These profiteers are not the ones bringing them in in the first place. No excuse for the behaviour nor would i entertain trying to give one.

Secondly don't confuse me now, or ever, with some mullet wearing sh*t kicker going around mumbling "they took our jobs". I don't hate them for who they are, what they've done, where they're from or where they're going.

In short i'm fed up of the double standards and media manipulation of these stories. If a country decides it doesn't want to take in refugees, migrants, whatever, they should be free to refuse and not demonized because of it. The "won't someone think of the children" excuse does not justify the perceptions and actions that such mass immigration causes.
    I'm not sure it's leftist or rightist bias when half his own party are walking out in protest.
    Walking out of what? The Republican party is a fickle machine. They thought he was a joke when he ran, when he was nominated and even after his win. Granted President Trump can be a douche at times, but the resistance he has faced since becoming President has never been seen by any other. Imagine what could have been achieved this far if they only worked with him.
    And yes, quite a lot of the daft **** is older than he is (the wall, their policy towards illegal immigration, and a few others), but I don't remember any administration being this joyously cruel and petty about everything.
    Clinton, Obama, even Killary called for walls and strengthening of borders and when Trump tries it they call him a racist. However i fail to see the "joy" you say he gets from this. Show me what you mean.
    You might not like Clinton but did he ever go on and on about being interviewed by Fox?
    Might want to pick someone else as your poster boy for etiquette.
    Did Bush ever talk about his own party members the way Trump does?
    Did Bush have as many dissenters in his own party as Trump did? As said above they dismissed him from the off and the problem Trump faces now is if someone with no political experience can come in and solve some problems that "seasoned" politicians have been saying for decades cannot be fixed easily or at all, then they'll be shown up as the frauds they are.
    Did Bush Sr ever go after the press the way Trump has?
    Did Bush ever have fake news stories broadcast about him, weekly? Russia was a fake, the photos of child prison buses was a fake, the list goes on. The man cannot do a thing but someone either bastardises it or completely makes up a story about it.

Even so called fact checking sites like Snopes are biased. When you check on the "baby bus" they claim it as true, but don't elaborate that it was done under Obamas tenure. You can figure out quite quickly it was, but they never mention it or him.
    This isn't some lefty thing, this guy is something nastier than anyone's seen before, it's why there's opposition to him from both parties.
    Why? Support your argument with facts. What has he done that is nastier than anything before him?
    You have guys like John McCain voting against him for feck's sakes, and he's hardly a long-haired commie hippie tree-hugger.
    That is a joke.

McCain went against Trump and his party to vote against repealing Obamacare [twice] even though he canvassed on repealing it and was a strong critic of it since it's creation. Trump and McCain have had a long feud with both exchanging petty quips at each other.
    You missed the bit where they're being murdered on the other side of the border because of things started on the US side.
    Enlighten me.
    Not to mention that there are documented cases of people doing everything completely legally and still being treated as illegals.
    Doing it legally or have completed the process and are legal? Unless its the latter they are still illegal and that is still a crime.
    And part of that comes down to stupid technical stuff that indicates that nobody on the US side is interested in having legal migration - ICE literally disabled the part of their computer system that gave an okay when doing risk assessments of migrants. Before the change, the system either said "probably fine" or "probably criminal" and they literally turned off the first option. https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-immigration-court/
    The article says the personnel can override that feature to include "release". Also Obama had to be stopped by the courts when his policies, which were emuch harsher than Trumps, ran afoul of the law.

Again he [Obama] done much worse than Trump or any other President and he is pardoned the scrutiny Trump is receiving for continuing that trend.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

So the facts don't matter.
    The facts *do* matter; the point is that the absolute figures can't be directly compared to the percentages because they're not mathematically the same.
    I mean, it's like the difference between there being 1700 more pistols licenced in Ireland today than in 1972 and there being a lower pistol ownership rate in Ireland today than in 1972. Both are true. But you can't compare the numbers directly because they're measuring different things.
    In this case, if you see a thousand suspects of race A being arrested and a hundred of race B; but 70% of those in race A get shot during the arrest and 7% of race B; you have to ask a question or two because those two percentages should not be that far apart.
    No. Not saying itdoesn't happen or that every shooting is justified but according to stats its not even among the top 20 of "most deadly" causes of black deaths.
    Um.
    Well deflected, but in case you need a refresher i'm talking about these f**kwits
    I'd probably use the same word, but I notice they've not killed anyone and the people they're protesting have.
    I don't think we're required to pick a side, but if you held me to the flame on it, I suspect I'd come down on the side that isn't literally the American Nazi Party.
    If you want to be pedantic then i'll rephrase it. The "left" as the democratic party and their ilk are commonly referred to.
    It's not that pedantic - they think a liberal policy is letting everyone buy health insurance. And they're happy to live with child marriage and child labour within their own borders. And a dozen other things we'd see as being up there with the Penal Laws and Cromwell if you tried imposing them on us today. The Dems are just not a shining light leading towards a nicer world.
    Yes they did, and no it's not.
    They have been working on a migration agenda since 1999 and the influx of migrants from 2015 has sparked a reinvigoration of this agenda. Led by Jean Claude-Drunkard, Merkel and the likes, and their plan of allowing millions and millions of people in with little to no security checks or scrutiny.
    They literally can't do that legally; and the people we're talking about are refugees fleeing Assad, and handled under a different body of law. And frankly, we (meaning the EU) backed Assad so we'd have someone fighting ISIS as a buffer zone. The real world is ****ty and so on, okay, that's another argument; but we don't get to do that and then treat refugees fleeing sarin gas dropped by the guy we backed as if the refugees were nothing to do with us at all.
    As per the article:
    I don't know what article you're citing, but it's flat-out wrong - Ballaghaderreen is a refugee orientation center, and you don't get given citizenship on arrival. You're a refugee, not an immigrant:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/the_asylum_process_in_ireland/rights_and_obligations_of_asylum_seekers_in_ireland.html
    You are taking the piss if you think rampant child sexual abuse is even close to what "migrants" are getting in terms of support and aid.
    Funnily enough, I'm not. It's not even an analogy : http://www.thejournal.ie/abuse-is-reported-at-direct-provision-centres-across-ireland-1023749-Aug2013/
    With "good ould Catholic ireland" you also have institutional failures as well as corruption from within the Government and GardaA trend that continues today, with our own people.
    Yup, and with refugees as well. It's not a choice between improving stuff for us and improving stuff for them; it's just a choice between having a corrupt bunch of bastards ruining life for everyone or not.
    Mind you, if the bastards can keep everyone at each other's throats, we never look at it that way and they get to go buy their own fecking islands...
    That is the same sick and twisted logic i see spouted in the states about the detention centres for ILLEGALS. How can anyone trivialize the death and depravity that was seen in the concentration camps as comparable to holding centres for criminals and illegals?
    First off, direct provision is for refugees. They're not criminals, they're not illegals, they're doing precisely what our law requires, and they're by definition fleeing for their lives. That's the whole point of the refugee system. If you're a doctor from the Congo who got tortured and left for dead by the government because you wrote a report with MSF on the government's use of rape as a tool to suppress the population, you are a refugee, not a criminal. That's the point of the system (and yes, that's a real example, his case came up in the High Court a while back because the Refugee Appeals Tribunal were going to send him back to the Congo because despite testimony from MSF, the UN and a few others, the RAT decided they didn't like the guy. The High Court case makes for interesting reading).

Secondly don't confuse me now, or ever, with some mullet wearing sh*t kicker going around mumbling "they took our jobs".
    If I thought you were like that Cass, I wouldn't bother talking.
    If a country decides it doesn't want to take in refugees, migrants, whatever, they should be free to refuse and not demonized because of it.
    So they literally can't, not legally. Within the EU, free migration from EU state to EU state is one of the few principles the continent will literally die on because the entire point of the EU is to not have another WW2 by drowning the reasons for WW2 by shipping people around the place with as few barriers as possible, while handcuffing countries to each other with as much red tape as you can create so they can't get enough distance to get a run-up to put the boot in.

I mean, as solutions go, it's a ****ty one, with the sole redeeming feature that it has so far worked slightly better than anything we've tried in the last two thousand years or so.
    Which isn't as big as even that offhanded comment makes out, but it's big enough that the whole free-migration-within-the-EU thing is not just some idea on paper for a lot of people, it's a Big Thing to them.

As to refugees, we kindof have international law on that point which says, more or less, "don't be that country, m'kay?". So saying "no, we're not taking them, we'll machine-gun them if they try to get in here", well, you have to be Turkey for that and who the hell wants to live there?
    Walking out of what?
    Well the most recent is the US ambassador to Estonia. I mean, an ambassador resigning, that's normal enough; but resigning to protest the President while calling him a liar to the press.... that's new.
    Granted President Trump can be a douche at times, but the resistance he has faced since becoming President has never been seen by any other.
    Pretty sure the latter is a result of the former; and the former is not exactly new; he's been this way for a very, very long time. And he played to that throughout his campaign, and you don't get to run around doing the stuff he did during the campaign and not see opposition, it's pretty much a recipe for getting everyone pissed off at you.
    Clinton, Obama, even Killary called for walls and strengthening of borders and when Trump tries it they call him a racist.
    Well, none of them led off with "mexicans are all rapists" to be fair...
    However i fail to see the "joy" you say he gets from this. Show me what you mean.
    Seriously, read his twitter feed for a day, tell me you don't see someone delighting in being nasty.
    Might want to pick someone else as your poster boy for etiquette.
    Didn't call him a poster boy for anything, just said he wasn't as bad as Trump and neither has anyone else been since the late 1700s and those guys were literally killing each other in duels.
    if someone with no political experience can come in and solve some problems that "seasoned" politicians have been saying for decades cannot be fixed easily or at all, then they'll be shown up as the frauds they are.
    Indeed.
    Pretty huge IF there though, given that so far, he's not managed to do any such thing.
    Support your argument with facts. What has he done that is nastier than anything before him?
    Oh come on, you don't even have to work hard on that one.

Doing it legally or have completed the process and are legal? Unless its the latter they are still illegal and that is still a crime.
    Like this one : https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/show/what-asylum-seekers-meet-when-they-try-to-cross-legally

Grandmother and last surviving granddaughter flee after the parents and siblings were murdered by gangs, they take the granddaughter and send her off to a tender age shelter, and refuse to acknowledge the grandmother has custody despite documentation.
    So now the grandmother is in one holding camp and the granddaughter is in one of the child holding camps in Texas, only they're not sure exactly where.
    There's a reason the US courts think this sort of thing is inhumane and have ordered it to be stopped.

• Advertisement

These are getting too long. I'm going to start shortening them to single words or just emojis shortly.
    ..... the point is that the absolute figures can't be directly compared to the percentages because they're not mathematically the same.
    No.

Black men are more involved in violent crimes and murder. That is not racist its a simple fact. As i said before if 7% of the population is responsible for 57% of the murders then you cannot blame the stats for the higher proportion of shootings among those involved in those crimes.

Muslim men of Asian decent in the UK are responsible for 84% of rape/grooming gangs. Less than 5% of the total population responsible for 84% of gang rapes. Is this racist because whites are not raping as much? FFS, the facts are facts, and the % is the %. No amount of side stepping will diminish the truth of it.
    Um.
    I don't have the full list but here is the top ten from the CDC:

Rank | Cause | Percentage
    1) | Heart disease | 23.9
    2) | Cancer | 21.4
    3) | Unintentional injuries | 6.5
    4) | Homicide | 4.9 ** Not Police **
    5) | Stroke | 4.2
    6) | Diabetes | 3.1
    7) | Chronic lower respiratory diseases | 4.9
    8) | Alzheimer’s disease | 2.5
    9) | Influenza and pneumonia | 2.0
    10) | Chronic liver disease| 1.9
    I'd probably use the same word, but I notice they've not killed anyone and the people they're protesting have.
    Who has killed people?

If they protested extremist groups then so be it, but they protest anything they don't agree with. From free speech, to Trump supporters, to anything resembling conservative/traditional values and of course they're violent as f**k. They are described as such by all sources:
    They engage in violent protest tactics, which has included property damage and physical violence. They tend to be anti-capitalist and they are predominantly far-left and militant left.
    Short for militant leftists, or occasionally far leftists and radical leftists, often used as a generalization of people who commit to acts of violence against those on the Right side of the political spectrum
    I don't think we're required to pick a side, but if you held me to the flame on it, I suspect I'd come down on the side that isn't literally the American Nazi Party.
    How about inauguration day for President Trump when they [antifa] rioted because, feelings? How about attacking students attending a lecture on campus and causing $100,000 of damage? Or people on a Pro-Trump march? Perhaps people celebrating Patriots day?
    It's not that pedantic - they think a liberal policy is letting everyone buy health insurance. And they're happy to live with child marriage and child labour within their own borders. And a dozen other things we'd see as being up there with the Penal Laws and Cromwell if you tried imposing them on us today. The Dems are just not a shining light leading towards a nicer world.
    Think of them as you will, they are referred to in the media and by pretty much all sources as "the left".
    They literally can't do that legally; and the people we're talking about are refugees fleeing Assad, and handled under a different body of law. And frankly, we (meaning the EU) backed Assad so we'd have someone fighting ISIS as a buffer zone. The real world is ****ty and so on, okay, that's another argument; but we don't get to do that and then treat refugees fleeing sarin gas dropped by the guy we backed as if the refugees were nothing to do with us at all.
    So the EU created the problem, the EU then had to take in the refugees they created, and then put this responsibility on the individual countries that had no say in the initial action that caused this?

So tell me again how the EU has nothing to do with this? How the EU are not responsible for the mass influx of refugees/migrants/any other PC name?

By the way don't try to pass the EU off as all countries having equal say, it doesn't happen except in the Unicorn and Rainbow world that those in la-la land live in.
    I don't know what article you're citing, but it's flat-out wrong
    They didn't say citizenship was given on arrival, but did say citizenship would be part of the deal. So if you have issues with that i cannot help you as i can only speak to what i've read. In a time of record homelessness and struggle caused by a corrupt Government, and CYA exercises people don't care who is paying for it, only that its happening.

Try rationalize that to the people with "calm down, i'll explain the financing behind it" will not mean spit.
    Reading that article it appears the abuse is perpetrated by those same refugees housed in the same complex? IOW they are abusing their own.

Leads back to what i said above about grooming gangs in the UK as well as other stories of a similar nature by other "refugees" in other countries such as this and this.
    First off, direct provision is for refugees. They're not criminals, they're not illegals, .................
    I was referring more so to the situation in the states, but the same holds true for here. As them if they're rather wait or go back home. A choice those in real concentration camps never got.
    So they literally can't, not legally. Within the EU, free migration from EU state to EU state is one of the few principles the continent will literally die on ..............
    So non EU citizens get the same rights as EU citizens? This is what the Dems want in the states. Illegals with the same rights as citizens.
    Pretty sure the latter is a result of the former; and the former is not exactly new; ............. it's pretty much a recipe for getting everyone pissed off at you.
    Ah come off it.

Some might have been pissed off at him, but some are outright against him simply because he won, and Killary didn't. Calls for sedition, attacks on Trump's staff, his supporters, calls for a recession so just so Trump fails, etc. The madness is out of hand and the TDS is strong with most of them.
    Well, none of them led off with "mexicans are all rapists" to be fair...
    Being fair would be telling the truth, not perpetuating a fake news story. Trump NEVER said all Mexicans are rapists. The lie that he said all Mexicans are rapists comes from Tim Kaine who started making the allegation His exact words were:
    Trump wrote:
    When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
    Seriously, read his twitter feed for a day, tell me you don't see someone delighting in being nasty.
    Not on Twitter so you might post some of his posts and show how he delights in the "cruelty" he is inflicting.
    Didn't call him a poster boy for anything, just said he wasn't as bad as Trump and neither has anyone else been since the late 1700s and those guys were literally killing each other in duels.
    Some of his greatest hits:
    1. Only the second President in history to be impeached, but yeah he was delight. :rolleyes:
    2. He doubled the federal prison population by making crack cocaine a more serious offense than powder cocaine. Crack cocaine was much cheaper and largely used by Blacks.
    3. He signed in NAFTA.
    4. He allowed logging in national forests.
    5. He was hesitant to take action to stop a genocide in Rwanda. While he failed to act, more than half a million Tutsis were murdered.
    6. He gave China Most Favored Nation (MFN) status despite their terrible human rights record
    7. He granted North Korea concessions in exchange for a promise to discontinue their nuclear weapons program
    8. He failed to deal with the threat of Osama bin Laden as he was too distracted by scandals & impeachment to take action against Al Qaeda. We all know how that ended.
    Indeed.
    Pretty huge IF there though, given that so far, he's not managed to do any such thing.
    So these don't count:
    1. 12 appellate court judges (a first for any President in his first year)
    2. A supreme court justice and another in the coming months.
    3. Tax reform/improved economy
    4. Repealing individual mandate from obamacare
    5. Travel ban
    6. Defeating ISIS
    7. Recognition of Jerusalem something every other president refused to to address even though it was law since 1996
    Oh come on, you don't even have to work hard on that one.
    I'll see your video and raise you mine. notice the same hand gestures and "mocking" tone regardless of person or topic.

......... they take the granddaughter and send her off to a tender age shelter, and refuse to acknowledge the grandmother has custody despite documentation.
    A sad story, truly, but i did not read, hear or see that in the transcript or video. At no point did i notice anyone take her granddaughter and refuse to acknowledge her right as guardian or her documentation to prove it.

All that is moot. Her claim is being examined and will be ruled on when it's ruled on. those "hopping" the fence have no such protections, and you don't seriously expect any country to allow illegal immigrants unchecked freedoms while their case is being reviewed?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Because they said that's who they're complaining about. Also, "refugee" and "economic migrant" are handled very differently at the border for decent reasons, and the rules about the latter preclude the guy floating in a dingy in the middle of the med from claiming that status.
    Seriously, the "mistrust the refugees" argument literally is the Gardai's argument that we are all criminals who've not been caught yet because we have guns, just applied to people fleeing a war zone.

Odd that there arent very many,if at all women and kids with these refugees. They seem to be all young or middle-aged men,of a certain religion,and even more odd that as there are Christians in that conflict zone there are few if any of those with them. Even odder enough have lost everything including ALL documentation,but have kept their cell phones.Now a suspicious mind might have a few questions on those points...

Also, could anyone inform me,I must have missed this one..What oppression or civil war is going on in Jamaica or Ghana?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Actually NO! They came about in the 1930s as an off shoot of Communism in Berlin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

Ironic that they call everyone Nazis as these Mom spare room dwelling thugs,[and that's not hyperbole BTW a survey done in Berlin a few years ago has over 75% of ANTIFA males still living at home with their unmarried/divorced mothers.] Use the same tactics as the brownshirts but in the name of Communism.Either way, they wouldn't know a genuine Nazi if he planted a jackboot up their black-clad asses.

Yeah those crafty Israelis..:rolleyes::rolleyes:Wouldnt be up to them,what with planning 9/11 and fixing US elections thru "The Russians"

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Some of his greatest hits:
    Only the second President in history to be impeached, but yeah he was delight.
    He doubled the federal prison population by making crack cocaine a more serious offense than powder cocaine. Crack cocaine was much cheaper and largely used by Blacks.
    He signed in NAFTA.
    He allowed logging in national forests.
    He was hesitant to take action to stop a genocide in Rwanda. While he failed to act, more than half a million Tutsis were murdered.
    He gave China Most Favored Nation (MFN) status despite their terrible human rights record
    He granted North Korea concessions in exchange for a promise to discontinue their nuclear weapons program
    He failed to deal with the threat of Osama bin Laden as he was too distracted by scandals & impeachment to take action against Al Qaeda. We all know how that ended.

That's very short list Cass.
    You can add at least 100 more things he did in conjunction with his witch of a wife. Going back all the way to his governorship on Arkanshaw and involvement in the Mena airport and Drug runners like Barry Seal and the "Dixie Mafia"[The film American made is based on those times]

We could add.
    Whitewater,
    Furnituregate[Nicking 300k worth of furniture out of the White House]
    Travelgate,
    Filegate
    Troopergate
    Vince Foster.
    Paula Jones,
    Monica Lewinsky.
    Gennifer Flowers
    Sydney Blumenthal
    Juniata Brodderick
    The fuk up of BlackHawk Down..Billy was too busy on the golf course to order armour out to rescue the crewmen.
    Waco,Ruby Ridge.in not reigning in that hag Janet Reno and her control of both ATFE and FBI on both occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

Looks like immigration is going to be the death of the EUSSR. Seehofer looks likely to walk away from Mama Merkel, and even if he does not, that deal done last week is as much use as a chocolate teapot and will last just as long. Whoever thought we would live to see the return of the far right in Germany ? But the open borders lunacy looks likely to be the straw that broke the camels back.

As to why the bile against Trump, simple, the big money on wall street was backing aged wharf whore Hilary Clinton. She was also the one who pushed Hussain Obama to rid libya of Gadafi, he did not want to initially, but she wanted it as it was a major plus for her in her own election attempt. Gadafi said himself that libya was the "cork in the bottle", in other words, without him sub saharan africa would rush towards europe. He was right.

The Irish are not innocent in all this, it was our own FG backer Peter sutherland who was agitating the eu to allow open borders. It was ok for him, he was coming towards the end of his money grubbing life, everyone else has to put up with the consequences. Our cut price trudeau wannabe veruca salts has taken to this idea with gusto.

• Advertisement

The "far right" as MSM calls them in Germany are not going to get into power,ever again. Those are groups that are proscribed organisations like NPD,Wehrsport Gruppe Hoffmann etc.IOW they have to be two goose steps to the right of Hitler and total neo-Nazis.Anything that gets too antsy gets shut down very quickly by the German Govt.

CSU in Bavaria[The "Fuk You Berlin" since German reunification in 1850 state] is the equivalent of Fianna Fail on steroids. Conservative, big business, farmers, Catholic values of government.Seehofer himself has said it "it is impossible to work with that woman[Merkel] on the immigration issues."

Hardly a bunch of Seig heiling ,goose-stepping Burgerbrau Keller dwelling SA goons.
    s to why the bile against Trump, simple, the big money on wall street was backing aged wharf whore Hilary Clinton.
    DID YOU KNOW? Our own Dennis O Brien pumped between 9 to 23 million euros into her election fund and Clinton[self enrichment and tax dodge[ foundation? Denis payout on this was establishing a new telecom system [Digicel] on Haiti post the earthquake.
    Seeing that the Clinton foundation is under IRS investigation and bankrupt, Trump is in the House and Denis is out millions...Is it anyway surprising that every article on President Trump in any of his MSM rags in Ireland are full of bile?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/denis-o-brien-used-clinton-connections-to-help-haiti-relief-efforts-1.2826072
    http://freebeacon.com/blog/oh-denny-boy-how-the-clintons-helped-an-irish-telecom-tycoon-makes-millions-in-earthquake-ravaged-haiti/
    https://fora.ie/denis-obrien-clinton-foundation-haiti-3022451-Oct2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

So it looks like FF will back the Frances Black / SF bill to start boycotting Israeli products. The shows how FF will sell out anything or anyone if they think it is worth it to get back votes on the left / hard left. A worrying fact for gun owners in Ireland.

FF.FG.SF..All-Pro EU butt kissers...Please , anyone from those parties, spare us any more sanctimonious claptrap about Ireland having any sort of independent or arbitrary powers to do anything on the international stage without any say so from the EU. Looking at you Micheal Martin in particular after your disgusting toadying speech in the Dail when the big boss dropped in:mad:

F**k it.

Come on England. :D

/awaits abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

F**k it.

/awaits abuse

uRT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

F**k it.

/awaits abuse

Won't happen, there is a load of novichok floating around, chances are the england team are going to get a dose of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

I wouldn't even piss on them :p

Always a good idea NOT to write your letter of protest before you know who it's going to be against. :rolleyes:

I hope the TDs enjoy their well earned summer break, all 67 days of it. I mean they must be exhausted having passed a grand total of 13 pieces of new legislation. Not to mention having sat for a whole 64 days this year so far, it must be truly exhausting.

To put my "subtle" sarcasm in context they have passed 60% LESS legislation than in the previous years, have sat for 25% FEWER days than in the previous years, but have managed to give themselves €5,500 pay increase because "they're entitled to it".

All posts from #562 onward were split from this thread.

• Advertisement

Like anyone, LE purchasing officers are prone to sales hype too.
    Don't mention SPAS12s and a certain film starring the future governor of California and said SPAS12, and coincidently of course the ERU and ARW acquiring said guns in the same year the film was released in Ireland. While suffering a "Idontlike de look o dat now"ban for us mere civilians.:rolleyes: Said SPAS's are now armoury rack queens gathering dust and collectors value.

The Hk MP7 is a supposedly body armour piercing round.4.6X30. According to the HK blurb "The new high-performance calibre penetrates the NATO CRISAT TARGET (1.6 mm titanium and 20 layers of kevlar) even at 200 m" I would tip on another fact,4.6 is so uncommon around here that the gun would be useless for anyone after expanding any ammo with it, whereas a 9mm, you could probably scrounge up some rounds around here or there.

TBH it is a better choice than the UZI, which is a CQB battlefield weapon that while slow for an SMG is still hardly a gun for civilian urban situations.This HK is controllable and more appropriately a personal defence weapon,but still a battlefield gun ,but the risk of over penetration from both is still horrendeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve wrote: »
    I am genuinely curious as to why AGS even have access to such a weapon.

According to the internet, they are using an MP7A1.
    Capable of 960 rpm / 16 rps and a capacity of 20, 30, or 40 rounds. This gives an effective mag life of 1.25 to 2.5 seconds on full auto.

How, in any scenario is this useful (except maybe in the hands of a criminal or terrorist)?

Yea it's great fun in Airsoft to have a MP "hedge trimmer" but the mag can hold several hundred rounds... Any firearms experience I've had WRT full auto weapons is that the only shot that counts is the first one, the rest are indiscriminate. That was from friends I went to ranges with in the US who had either military or police training.

You don't have to empty a magazine, burst fire is available too. You could also keep it on semi automatic.

What else would you suggest they use instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

o1s1n wrote: »
    A weapon limited to semi automatic.

My question was, why the need for a fully automatic weapon and what possible advantage would this give? What situation would it ever pay them to use it in?

I'm sure you have done way more CQB in airsoft than I have and know that the ability to blind fire an automatic gun around a corner of a building will result in more kills but in real life and where law enforcement is concerned, that is not possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

My question was, why the need for a fully automatic weapon and what possible advantage would this give? What situation would it ever pay them to use it in?

I'm sure you have done way more CQB in airsoft than I have and know that the ability to blind fire an automatic gun around a corner of a building will result in more kills but in real life and where law enforcement is concerned, that is not possible.

To expand on that, If I was a front line soldier at war faced with a wave of oncoming enemy then yes, a fully automatic weapon has a purpose.

It has no use that I can see as a civilian peacekeeping tool, in fact, it the danger of it's loss to criminals - as apparent in this case - is far greater than any apparent potential usefulness.

To expand on that, If I was a front line soldier at war faced with a wave of oncoming enemy then yes, a fully automatic weapon has a purpose.
    My incredibly limited knowledge of such things was that the purpose of the fully automatic mode was to make the other side keep their heads down while some of your side moved forward to fire single shots into them and as such the guy spraying lead downrange wasn't necessarily aiming at the other side, just towards their general vicinity.

So, as you say, it's very hard to think of a scenario where such a tool should be used by a civilian police force, especially in a city where there are people living pretty much everywhere that a stray round - or an over-penetrating round - could go.

It is not a thought that leaves me with the warm and fuzzies.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Buddy airsoft really?... jesus christ. Adrenaline is a mighty drug(also someone could be on actual drugs like PCP) so it often takes more than one round to actually stop something or someone, and also i dont think mp7s come in semi auto only:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

By the same rational, the ERU cars should be limited to 80mph.
    That's the maximum allowable speed in this country.
    But wait, there is a device to regulate the speed, called the accelerator.
    Its operated by the Garda drivers right foot.

In the same vein, the weapon in question also had a device to regulate it's speed of fire.
    It's called the selector switch.
    It's operated by the Garda's finger or thumb, and used in conjunction with the trigger to regulate the rate of fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

I am genuinely curious as to why AGS even have access to such a weapon.

According to the internet, they are using an MP7A1.
    Capable of 960 rpm / 16 rps and a capacity of 20, 30, or 40 rounds. This gives an effective mag life of 1.25 to 2.5 seconds on full auto.

How, in any scenario is this useful (except maybe in the hands of a criminal or terrorist)?

Yea it's great fun in Airsoft to have a MP "hedge trimmer" but the mag can hold several hundred rounds... Any firearms experience I've had WRT full auto weapons is that the only shot that counts is the first one, the rest are indiscriminate. That was from friends I went to ranges with in the US who had either military or police training.

The normal force does not have access to automatic weapons. The drug cartels have an abundance of fully automatic weapons in the country. Do you really need to ask why the ERU use fully automatic weapons?

VonZan wrote: »
    The normal force does not have access to automatic weapons. The drug cartels have an abundance of fully automatic weapons in the country. Do you really need to ask why the ERU use fully automatic weapons?

Yes. Because the drug gangs aren't supposed to be looking out for the well-being of the public, while the armed garda units are. Also, the armed gardai's tools are bought with public money, so frankly, whether we're buying the best tools for the job is something the public are allowed to question, and "best" in this case is not a metric set solely by the Gardai. We, the backstop, are part of that metric as well, so things like accuracy and over-penetration and the safety of the general public are factors.

• Advertisement

[
    QUOTE=o1s1n;107513008]You don't have to empty a magazine, burst fire is available too. You could also keep it on semi-automatic.

You are dealing with two different doctrines of firearms usage. Military and police.
    the military is designed for mass production, expend ammo,a lot of ammo, at a target,or group of targets in a trench,or enclosed area. You don't need a superior target rifle, when you have yourself,a squad,a designated marksman,a light support machine gunner, a "door kicker" CQB guy who carries a shotgun as well as breaching tools, and a radioman to call in artillery if you cant take or hold a position. Not to mind,you are expecting to have people being killed.A total opposite to any police operation. Look at the way the AK is laid out on the fire selector. Safe, FULL auto,Semi. The reason is simple. Its a doctrine of using full auto to storm positions, and then use semi to finish off any other survivors.

Police work OTOH is a whole different kettle of fish.The first edict of it is to save lives and not shoot at all,if at all possible.If say it is a hostage situation, you have it contained and cordoned off. Your snipers can pick their locations, have bags of time to set up and range estimate and do all the rest behind their super accurate and heavy rifles that are capable of ultra sub-MOA cold bore shots at a given distance. Compare a police sniper rifle to a military sniper rifle and you will see what I mean, two different doctrines and environments for a gun to be used in.
    Its why the Germans developed the HK PSG1,a super accurate SA police rifle after Munich, where they discovered that surplus M1carbines with 4power scopes were not good police sniper weapons at Furstenfeldbruck airfield when the Black September lit up the Israeli hostages.But the PSG1 is way too heavy for a military sniper.At almost 12lbs you would be hard pushed to do a Gunny Hathcock 5day crawl to target with that lump.

So translating all of this to what we have here.A sub gun is by its nature not accurate,as most inc the AGS UZI are open bolt design. While simple does not lend to accuracy irrespective on semi or full.HK with their delayed roller back does give you better accuracy in their personal defence weapon which is what the 7 is.

[There is a difference now between PDW and SMG, usually more now with caliber rather than design and usage.A PDW is more used by military personnel who don't need a full assault rifle all the time.IE tank crews, radiomen, cooks, REMF's:) etc, and ignoring the logistics of supplying two different calibre ammo... But again .how accurate can you be resting your cheek on a wire strut? If you are going to be doing headshots from 10 to 100 meters over iron sights off a wire frame stock and can assure 100% hits. I doff my cap to you Sir.
    Next problem, human reaction under stress fire. There is plenty of evidence of US police officers literally emptying their service pistols into a victim, reloading, and shooting another mag into the corpse. Their after action reports make interesting reading and even under questioning a variation of this is"I thought I had only fired 4or 5shots and didn't even realise I had reloaded"
    IOW in the time when the bullets are flying, people can go into shutdown mode and go to instinct and training takes over.So how easy could it be for someone to hit the full switch and not realise it?

Finally, our policing using firearms is totally different to the rest of the worlds armed police.An incident occurs with armed police, the first officer on the scene's job is to access and if possible contain the situation while radio in for backup, guaranteeing that more armed help is on the way within minutes.
    Here our unarmed police have to radio in for armed support,who might be nowhere near,and the situation could have changed dramatically in minutes. Ergo, having full auto won't contain the situation much better,and going by incidents like Athy and Garde Effie getting shot by friendly fire, it sounds like the last thing you want in a situation involving civilians.

Ultimately, who is responsible for someone using a full auto weapon and the shots go and hit some innocent party. We are responsible every time we pull the trigger on single shot.I'd hate to be the person in the witness box or the chief commissioner or the justice minister explaining why my burst of 9mm managed to miss my target,but riddled Mrs Murphy's kitchen window, her dog and the late Mr Murphy by mistake.

So what do we need to arm our AGS properly?I would say a short barrelled carbine in semi-auto with 308 and the proper ammo[Black tip armour piercing] if facing barricaded or Kevlar, and literally HUNTING ammo hollow point boat tail for nigh on one shot ending of situations. Ironically, police forces CAN use HP ammo as the Hauge and Geneva conventions only refer to military prohibitions on its use.
    In fact, HK made a perfectly good rifle for this the HK SLB 2000.30.06. It's accurate for police work, detachable box mag, a calibre that has plenty of AP and frangible bullets to prevent over penetration.

Advertisement