Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    Ya, I was walking past it so asked the guy who was painting it, he said it's the resource centre or the family resource centre going in. He kinda gestured up towards the Town Hall as if they are up there at the moment.

Sorry, it's the Wellness Centre. Got it ar$eways.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mickwat155

Seen in the champion the old xtra vision is been converted into a Eddie rockets styled restaurant seating 138 people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

New Burger Joint, Flipside, opening soon in old ESB building opposite the Belfry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

36175917_2215293662032048_302690255432056832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=00c1e0eeb68b2fc8525725165e830e6e&oe=5BEA4246

isnt it supposed to be something to do with the Brennan brothers, the ones that do 'at your service' on RTE ... or I could be getting things mixed up of course but I think thats what I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

36175917_2215293662032048_302690255432056832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=00c1e0eeb68b2fc8525725165e830e6e&oe=5BEA4246

isnt it supposed to be something to do with the Brennan brothers, the ones that do 'at your service' on RTE ... or I could be getting things mixed up of course but I think thats what I heard

Gonna be taking up a lot of the ground floor space by looks of things. If has late night opening, 'Best' will have some serious competition.

Edit.

Went by this evening. More of a restrarant, than a chipper at a glance. Entrance on Rockwood Parade, and not Castle Street as I thought earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anyone know if Bismillah on Pearse Road is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

gerrybbadd wrote: »

That would be a pity. He's a lot more friendly than the crowd down the riverbank.

Noticed that was closed on Sunday morning round 11am alright. Hope it's not, would be good to have 2 similar shops in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

tinpib wrote: »
    Noticed that was closed on Sunday morning round 11am alright. Hope it's not, would be good to have 2 similar shops in Sligo.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdq157av10

(Always good to have choice so hopefully it's not closed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

It was open this evening as I passed by. But I have noticed unusual opening hours over the last few weeks.

Paprika is closed for "Renovation" at the moment. "Opening Soon".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭johnire

Where’s that on the Pearse Road?

Beside the old Ulster bank. Think it was a spar for years before that. Asian supplies. Very cheap for spices etc. You'd get s big fistful of chillies for Less than a Euro.

He was open at lunchtime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thanks lads & lassies!

Serious value on stuff in Bismillah. I get Indomie noodles off him - a box of 40 for ten quid. Indomie are great instant noodles.

Also, he's got a fantastic range of spices etc if you're into Indian cuisine at all

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Sound skin too, savage value in trays of coconut milk, dried fruits and fresh herbs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fortitude and Prudence

I saw today that the animal health company, Phibro, have put their logo on the side of the disused Elanco factory in Finisklin Business Park. Rumours are that there won't be huge numbers of jobs (at least until they get established) but it's good to see the factory being occupied again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

_feedback_ wrote: »

Great another restaurant *sarcasm*:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Vlove wrote: »
    Great another restaurant *sarcasm*:rolleyes:

I would have thought this would be good for town. A diner beside the cinema you would think it would do well. Its probably one of the things thats missing in town - an affordable hang out spot for young people and couples heading out to cinema etc. Supermacs and McDonalds are based out of town and the 4Lanterns is not exactly the cool hang out spot so the options are limited at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

When units lie idle people post sarcastic remarks on here, and when a unit is being re-opened the exact same happens.
    A classic no-win situation.
    If the opening of this unit leads to just 2 jobs, then it's great news.
    But sure why give up the opportunity for a bit of negativity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,839 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So has anyone heard of any stores opening or re-opening in Sligo? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

muffler wrote: »
    So has anyone heard of any stores opening or re-opening in Sligo? :rolleyes:

Apologies mod, I only mean to write one line answers but get carried away and write a long schpeel. I will try to stick to topic and if I hear of any new stores opening or reopening I will surely post it on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Has anyone got an update on the new Lidl, why its taking so long? I saw the other day that the support pillars were up. Would have thought it would have been complete by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

They have remedial work to complete on the existing building before they tackle their own property. Its a condition of their planning afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

its supposed to be completed by October 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I'd imagine there's a lot of archaeological/architectural care to be taken on that old site. Couple that with the extraordinary heat and it all slows down. October sounds realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,839 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apologies mod, I only mean to write one line answers but get carried away and write a long schpeel. I will try to stick to topic and if I hear of any new stores opening or reopening I will surely post it on here
    Several people have posted good and varying points of view and opinions on commercial / retail activity in Sligo which is welcomed. However this is the wrong thread for this.

If anyone wants to start a new thread I'll happily move the previous posts there so as the discussion may continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

T-Bird wrote: »
    Has anyone got an update on the new Lidl, why its taking so long? I saw the other day that the support pillars were up. Would have thought it would have been complete by now.

It's a 34 week job, as stated on the construction notice on the site hoardings.

Have a read yourself.

I think they started in Feb?

I saw today that the animal health company, Phibro, have put their logo on the side of the disused Elanco factory in Finisklin Business Park. Rumours are that there won't be huge numbers of jobs (at least until they get established) but it's good to see the factory being occupied again.

Well spotted. 150 jobs.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0705/976550-new-sligo-jobs/

That's maybe the 5th big [for the size of Sligo] jobs announcement in the past 3 or 4 weeks. A great sign, which should help give a boost to other industries in the region.

Just look at house prices, to rent or buy, in Sligo and I'm sure Sligo is becoming very appealing to a lot of people currently located elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Town is great lads.

Advertisement