Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Town is great lads.

yeah i know but what new stores are opening up ? :)

The title needs to be changed on this if it carries on:

A animal Healthcare company is not a store,

A eddie rockets style gaff or any other cafe is not a Store

A "Singing Sligo towns Praises" - is not a Store opening or re-opening :)

... i could go on :)

either that or change it to "places opening up or re-opening in Sligo"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

yeah i know but what new stores are opening up ? :)

The title needs to be changed on this if it carries on:

A animal Healthcare company is not a store,

A eddie rockets style gaff or any other cafe is not a Store

A "Singing Sligo towns Praises" - is not a Store opening or re-opening :)

... i could go on :)

either that or change it to "places opening up or re-opening in Sligo"
    This thread has been running for 11 years without mention of anything wrong with its title yet you now decide to be pedantic about it just because you have been warned about consistently dragging it off topic. That ends here.

According to local newspaper, electrical superstore Harvey Norman will open up a new store in Sligo but it won't be until early 2019.

They have shelved plans to open up any more stores in northern Ireland or uk citing Brexit as the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I would have thought that Galway would be a more obvious choice for them. But then again I guess it's not any stranger than having one in Castlebar. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

EmptyTree wrote: »
    I would have thought that Galway would be a more obvious choice for them. But then again I guess it's not any stranger than having one in Castlebar. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Opening store in Galway also. After Sligo store opens.

• Advertisement

if i were ever going to open up a new store like that I would have chose something like November or something to get the Christmas trade ... wouldnt be opening it up early 2019 (unless logistically it cannot be done) - not sure whether they are to build a purpose built store but i think they are going to be moving up into a unit(s) in the carraroe retail park ... in which case they are already built , so no time lost there by waiting for the store to be built

if i were ever going to open up a new store like that I would have chose something like November or something to get the Christmas trade ... wouldnt be opening it up early 2019 (unless logistically it cannot be done) - not sure whether they are to build a purpose built store but i think they are going to be moving up into a unit(s) in the carraroe retail park ... in which case they are already built , so no time lost there by waiting for the store to be built

Post 2103 has more details. Quite a bit of alteration work I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Or they open in January, with an imediate New Year Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A new shop called the woolen market (https://www.thewoollenmarket.com/) is opening in town in August.

They are looking for sales assistants currently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Does anyone know what is going into the old Coleman's shop on Stephen Street? Looks like it is nearing completion.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is going into the old Coleman's shop on Stephen Street? Looks like it is nearing completion.

i've heard that its gonna be an opticians (yet another one) but i dunno whether that's true but that's what i heard

Deirdre Cooke optician.

Deirdre Cooke optician.

ah right - just moving then ....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I see there's a new butcher's shop opening on Feehily's corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Colm Quinn BMW - Mini Dealership. Planning in for it at the retail park on the site of the funfair and circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think that was 19 off topic posts that I had to delete. Apologies to anyone who may have had 50/50 posts or the likes. To leave them in place would make no sense when the others have been removed.

I think the thread topic was " Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo" and not about who likes what make or model of cars.

Any chance of getting this back on topic again please?

Work going on in the shop opposite the closed McHugh's pub on Grattan Street. Last incarnation was Conways, I remember it as Nina O'Briens. Anyone any ideas?

Also saw on Sligo Hub Facebook page a new fashion retailer is apparently going into the old Cross Sections, I forget the name of the shoe/bag shop that closed there recently.

So a little bit of movement in town, signs of a recovery anyway that some units are not remaining vacant for long.

A place called NXTGen Technology will open soon on bridge street. Looks exciting ....

458448.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A place called NXTGen Technology will open soon on bridge street. Looks exciting ....

What do they sell?

sligojoek wrote: »
    What do they sell?

Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh great.. it's not enough that we have CEX, Jingle Jangle and half a dozen others..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets and all that

Looks like a b&m version of Wish (and all the others) with hugely inflated prices.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Looks like a b&m version of Wish (and all the others) with hugely inflated prices.

But you wouldn't have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the item to come , such if you ordered off wish :)

Note to Mod: sorry if it seems I have gone off topic , but I have answered someone who went off topic, does that mean I have gone off topic ? ( I am this close to being banned for going off topic :( )

They've an Adverts shop also: https://www.adverts.ie/shops/nxtgen-technology/

I'm hearing that the new Lidl store should be open.. or they're aiming to have it open.. by October 5th.

Basq wrote: »
    I'm hearing that the new Lidl store should be open.. or they're aiming to have it open.. by October 5th.

oh good, the one on the way to ducans island / finnisklin est?

New shop opening in Grattan Street soon where Conway's used to be...

459550.jpg

It's crazy how many phone shops there are in town now. Surely too many at this stage? You could almost say the same about barbers/hairdressers and cafes too, I suppose.

It's crazy how many phone shops there are in town now. Surely too many at this stage? You could almost say the same about barbers/hairdressers and cafes too, I suppose.

Yes, but we are in a situation now where the mentality is that people think it's more better for the town to see taken shops rather than empty shop units so people are looking past what is actually opening up in the empty units... i Better shut up now cause I'm going off topic and am gonna get told off again. You should carry on your concerns in the Sligo general chit chat on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jaspear89

Looking like Abtran will be opening in October/November, The Wollen Market will be opening on Castle St in October and the new Lidl on Finisklin Rd is expected to open on the 4th of October.

Advertisement