Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo vs Kildare [What Mayo should do]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

Its not about a pay day, you really believe that? Putting the 2 games in Croke Park probably wont even make a profit on the day. Croker needs a 30k + attendance to make it viable to open for the day but i suspect im wasting my time with facts on you

So what do you think is the point being made here by the GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think mayo should pretend that they will turn up in Kildare. “ oh ya, we support our football brothers in arms”. Have Kildare thinking that we all go down together. And then make a sneaky U-turn and turn up at Croke Park on Saturday. Tog our, be the diligent boys where the game is fixed for. And walk away being a whisker away from the super 8s.

Barlett wrote: »
    We have been, many, many times in the past - and nobody cared - why would they? Everyone suits themselves in the end

Things come to a head at a certain point. Maybe this is it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't care as long as they split Dublin in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

And bring Bono in to mediate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Read the thread!

I have thanks, whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Aside from what should Mayo do...does anyone agree with what the GAA have done here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Croker needs a 30k + attendance to make it viable to open for the day but i suspect im wasting my time with facts on you

Haven't seen that one in about twenty years. Ah nostalgia. Urban myth by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

And what happens if Mayo draw Dublin in a home tie in the Super 8s on July 22nd?
    Is Castlebar a big enough venue on "Health and Safety Grounds"?
    Would Mayo move that game to Croke Park?

Aside from what should Mayo do...does anyone agree with what the GAA have done here?

Not really. The H&S angle isn't really a credible one. They want a double header and that's that. It also casts questions over what they'll do in the Super 8's. Home advantage should be home advantage.

But all that said, if the GAA do get their way, I won't be heartbroken for Kildare. They've been happily playing (cashing in) in Croke Park for Leinster games vs the Dubs since as long as I can remember. I think all this is mainly a Cian O'Neill solo run that others have had to fall in line with. He's under pressure and it seems like a bit of an attempt to deflect attention away from himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aslan should rock up at St Conleths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

FuzzyFrog wrote: »
    So what do you think is the point being made here by the GAA?

there is no pint being made, and im just pointing out the stupidity of your argument thats it a pay day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Hurling Rankings

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

jj72 wrote: »
    I have thanks, whats your point?

You haven't - or you would have seen I said Mayo have to show up at one venue or the other and in doing so, will be talking sides....and then you wouldn't have had to post a point already made!

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    And what happens if Mayo draw Dublin in a home tie in the Super 8s on July 22nd?
    Is Castlebar a big enough venue on "Health and Safety Grounds"?
    Would Mayo move that game to Croke Park?

31,000 i believe so there would be no issues

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Haven't seen that one in about twenty years. Ah nostalgia. Urban myth by the way.

Is it though, i was told by someone who works in Croker, not sure of the exact figure but 30k is in my mind. Whats your take on it then?

PARlance wrote: »
    Not really. The H&S angle isn't really a credible one. They want a double header and that's that. It also casts questions over what they'll do in the Super 8's. Home advantage should be home advantage.

But all that said, if the GAA do get their way, I won't be heartbroken for Kildare. They've been happily playing (cashing in) in Croke Park for Leinster games vs the Dubs since as long as I can remember. I think all this is mainly a Cian O'Neill solo run that others have had to fall in line with. He's under pressure and it seems like a bit of an attempt to deflect attention away from himself.

There was no suggestion of a DH when the draw was made though.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Mayo should go to Kildare for the game, then Kildare should shneak off and tear up the road to croke park and get a walkover!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Travel to Croke Park and line out (with no opposition) with big fat Mayo Mick at corner forward- let him get the walkover winning score.
    Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like Mayo are going to publically come out in support of Kildare.....

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    You haven't - or you would have seen I said Mayo have to show up at one venue or the other and in doing so, will be talking sides....and then you wouldn't have had to post a point already made!

Like I said... I have.. Not sure how you know what I have and haven't done. Anyway, mt point still stands,

There was no suggestion of a DH when the draw was made though.

Would you expect them to make a suggestion when the draw was made?

They normally make the draw early am and come back at lunch with the times / venues etc after considering things.

Sounds like Mayo are going to publically come out in support of Kildare.....

where you hearing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You really think that they are going to kick two tier 1 counties out? Really? That is a lose lose situation for the GAA and would start the beginning of the end for the current board. I think Mayo are being complicit in the misdirection and money grabbing of the game by doing nothing.

Since when was Kildare a tier one county?
    They are division two county at best. They failed to win a single point in division one :confused:

It is the whole reason why the GAA are trying to move the game from Newbridge because they expect so called 'weaker counties' like Kildare to roll over.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Would you expect them to make a suggestion when the draw was made?

They normally make the draw early am and come back at lunch with the times / venues etc after considering things.

But they offered Cavan an alternative venue and they picked Enniskillen so there was no question of a DH until Kildare refused to nominate an alternative. You dont seem too well informed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't care as long as they split Dublin in two.

Then in a scenario like this one could take Parnell Park and the other could head to Jones' road....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

there is no pint being made, and im just pointing out the stupidity of your argument thats it a pay day.

If it's not a pay day, then what is the reasoning behind the GAA move in your opinion? That's what I'm asking if you can keep a solid thought in your head and follow it to a conclusion.

But they offered Cavan an alternative venue and they picked Enniskillen so there was no question of a DH until Kildare refused to nominate an alternative. You dont seem too well informed

Couldn't be more informed. Seeing that Cavan couldn't play at home, I wouldn't say they offered them an alternative venue. They had to find an alternative venue.

If it's not a pay day, then what is the reasoning behind the GAA move in your opinion? That's what I'm asking if you can keep a solid thought in your head and follow it to a conclusion.

Well its hardly unusual to put on double headers in CP. Once Kildare didnt nominate an alternative venue there was a problem and with Cavan agreeing to play in CP it probably seemed like a logical solution at the time tbh.

• Advertisement

Its not about a pay day, you really believe that? Putting the 2 games in Croke Park probably wont even make a profit on the day. Croker needs a 30k + attendance to make it viable to open for the day but i suspect im wasting my time with facts on you

This 30k + attendance is the biggest load of rubbish. Surely it boils down to what they charge in on a given day and not how many attend the game???
    And I cant believe anyone thinks this is not a pay day for Croker. Charging everyone 25 euro in croker as opposed to 15 euro in Newbridge or Enniskillen is easy easy money for the GAA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement