Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

If you want to protest, go make up a banner and stand outside the event.

I will be doing just that, 1 person asked for a ticket so I now have DRUMROLL 46 tickets left.

My partner has 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Id go see him

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah it's not. What is it a protest against? Will you be able to look at each empty space and say why that person did not come?

Well if enough boardsies reserve 12 tickets each, then we'll have a fairly good idea why they all didn't attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Odhinn wrote: »
    On the falls road we sell frank merchandise. On the shankill we sell frank merchandise with a free box of matches with every purchase.

I'm hoping he'll fly around on a jet pack like Michael Jackson did in Cork

pcuser wrote: »
    If anyone wants a ticket from me they can have it for free, once they make a €100 donation to any LGBT charities or the 1 in 4 charity.

Bit of a scumbag thing to do. Trying to make a point. Hope someone reports you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

That's not what it's about, it's a form of protest.

Bit of a pointless form of protest though. A few empty seats or protesters dotted around the place, among a crowd of 500,000 isn't going to do much.

Well if enough boardsies reserve 12 tickets each, then we'll have a fairly good idea why they all didn't attend.

Not just Boardsies, I texted my friends and sent the link to all the whatsapp groups I am in. They are all protesting now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I took 4. Could be 4 70 year olds.

No that's fine. You do what you want. You've admitted that your purpose is simply to try to stop someone else from doing what they want. It's just a miserable cunt of a thing to do

Berserker wrote: »
    Bit of a pointless form of protest though. A few empty seats or protesters dotted around the place, among a crowd of 500,000 isn't going to do much.
    solo-protests-tank-man-wide-shot.jpg

Ah jaysus, how self-centred can a person be :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ah it's not. What is it a protest against? Will you be able to look at each empty space and say why that person did not come?

It's just lazy arseholes

If you want to protest, go make up a banner and stand outside the event.

It's just about denying something to someone else that might make the other person happy.

The only valid protest related to tickets is not to attend if you don't want to.

You dont get to decide what is or isnt a valid protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

No that's fine. You do what you want. You've admitted that your purpose is simply to try to stop someone else from doing what they want. It's just a miserable **** of a thing to do

Not stopping someone. I have four tickets so thats 4 stopped. Sure can't they watch the highlights on the telly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

solo-protests-tank-man-wide-shot.jpg

Haha you think you're like the hero of Tiananmen Square?

You're such a hard man
    bb8f5ce24d6a4d9dabbcd9d6ed59c693.jpg

Not stopping someone. I have four tickets so thats 4 stopped. Sure can't they watch the highlights on the telly?

You and Pcuser are just political ticket touts. Its a very scumbag thing do to. Also, Id say its very pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Feck off with that religious nonsense. That's a no by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You and Pcuser are just political ticket touts. Its a very scumbag thing do to. Also, Id say its very pathetic.

Touting implies wanting to sell the tickets for some sort of profit. Fairly certain the intention here is to stop people ever getting their hands on tickets.

Good man. Fair play to you. At least you achieved something in your life this year. You can take the rest of the year off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Not at all ticket touts seek to profit by the reselling of tickets. The four tickets I ordered will be destroyed as will any others I get. Going to set up a few more email addresses and order as many as I can.

Not at all ticket touts seek to profit by the reselling of tickets. The four tickets I ordered will be destroyed as will any others I get. Going to set up a few more email addresses and order as many as I can.

Sad

• Advertisement

Malayalam wrote: »
    Haha you think you're like the hero of Tiananmen Square?

You're such a hard man
    bb8f5ce24d6a4d9dabbcd9d6ed59c693.jpg

Love this pic,
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are there really people ordering x amount of tickets, just to deny others being able to go? That's not a protest, it's just being a dick.

Hopefully when they start sending out the tickets, they notice the multiple orders from the same IP and cancel them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

you're a pathetic individual.
    You're easily amused.
    What a nasty individual
    Imagine living such a sad life that you'd stoop that low.
    Really pathetic.
    You should be proud of your intolerance. Well done.
    What the **** is wrong with you people

Your posts aren't very Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your posts aren't very Christian.

I'm not a Christian. Well done.

Touting implies wanting to sell the tickets for some sort of profit. Fairly certain the intention here is to stop people ever getting their hands on tickets.

He is wanting exchanging tickets for 'donations' id say he is a political ticket tout.

Surprised Boards.ie are allowing this to be used to exchange tickets in this fashion.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Love this pic,
    Thank you

Ah sure look it, if your campaign stops you from sitting around picking your hole, I say go for it. Something to tell the grandchildren :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

They pre-exist the Abrahamic gods by a couple of thousand years. We have many tomes that extol their divine intervention. And how about the Gods of India?

Just booked 12 to throw in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm not a Christian. Well done.

Thanks. Do I win a ticket?

Just booked 12 to throw in the bin.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Why?

To throw in the bin 👌