Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Just got 15 myself, thats less seats filled.

If i burn the tickets and white smoke comes out the chinmey, do i become the leader of this cult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I only asked for 4. Still that will be 4 not going.

You should be proud of your intolerance. Well done.

Just got 15 myself, thats less seats filled.

If i burn the tickets and white smoke comes out the chinmey, do i become the leader of this cult?

What the **** is wrong with you people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

You should be proud of your intolerance. Well done.

Cheers.

What the **** is wrong with you people

We are sorry. 404 Error.

Meeting of Families ticketing system has been the subject of a Denial of Service Application Process. Please try again in another 30 years. :P:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Appears to be a lot of sad bastards who'd go to the bother to apply for free tickets to something in the hope of denying the opportunity to attend for someone who might really like to go.

What a miserable shower of cunts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It is tempting to get a bunch of those tickets in protest, seeing as it's a "meeting of families", and I apparently can't form a real family...

Proud of intolerance indeed.

Appears to be a lot of sad bastards who'd go to the bother to apply for free tickets to something in the hope of denying the opportunity to attend for someone who might really like to go.

Says the guy building a wall around Mexico denying the opportunity to attend for someone who might really like to go to USA. :confused::pac:

Says the guy building a wall around Mexico denying the opportunity to attend for someone who might really like to go to USA. :confused::pac:

Wow, fantastic rebuttal.

It's pointless trying to get through to these bigots. They are sure that they are virtuous that they can't comprehend that they are in fact extremely intolerant.

• Advertisement

Wow, fantastic rebuttal.

Applying for tickets to deny others is a perfectly valid form of non violent protest.

Think i will dig up some of my other email addresses later and apply for lots more, then when the tickets arrive have a little bonfire.

Ah it was really no bother took 5 mins, I was on the toilet so just occupying my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

abff wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone could argue with what Stephen Fry said there. As a challenge, is anyone able to come up with a sensible rebuttal? One that doesn't involve either shooting the messenger or falling back on the old "God moves in mysterious ways and how can we poor mortals hope to understand him" argument.

It's easily rebuttable and Stephen Fry is both idiotic and hypocritical at the same time

(I'll gladly elaborate if you so wish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

If anyone wants a ticket from me they can have it for free, once they make a €100 donation to any LGBT charities or the 1 in 4 charity.

It's pointless trying to get through to these bigots. They are sure that they are virtuous that they can't comprehend that they are in fact extremely intolerant.

Calling others bigots because they dont agree with what you believe is extremely intolerant. :cool:

Actually fairly stupid too.

All the tickets being snapped up will only add to the hype.

It won't matter whether there are empty spaces on the day. It adds extra value to the tickets were obtained by the "lucky few" that attend. And the next time a Pope comes, you'll have a load of people who will want to attend out of the disappointment of not getting a ticket this time around

pcuser wrote: »
    If anyone wants a ticket from me they can have it for free, once they make a €100 donation to any LGBT charities or the 1 in 4 charity.

Oh, you're a member of that religion. That explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pone2012 wrote: »
    It's easily rebuttable and Stephen Fry is both idiotic and hypocritical at the same time

(I'll gladly elaborate if you so wish)

go on so for the laugh.

Calling others bigots because they dont agree with what you believe is extremely intolerant. :cool:

I'm not religious. I just hate intolerance in any form.

Showing your true colors now:D

• Advertisement

Hmmm.....

Showing your true colors now:D

Ah no, I don't mind if he subscribes to that religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

:rolleyes: Nope, Living with my partner for the last 20 years and have 4 children.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Ah it was really no bother took 5 mins, I was on the toilet so just occupying my time.

Good for you. Will you go back to the toilet for a nice **** if you hear about some disappointed 70 year old lady who'd love to attend can't attend because you dishonestly took a ticket she could have used?

Hey,if that's how you get your jollies, then who am I to judge

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That's not what it's about, it's a form of protest.

pcuser wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Nope, Living with my partner for the last 20 years and have 4 children.

Ah no the LGBT religion accepts straight people too. Apologies for dismissing you earlier. People who subscribe to the LGBT religion can't help their intolerance.

Wow, how brave.

Good for you. Will you go back to the toilet for a nice **** if you hear about some disappointed 70 year old lady who'd love to attend can't attend because you dishonestly took a ticket she could have used?

I took 4. Could be 4 70 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

But why should someone tolerate the habitual abuse of and covering up of abuse of children? Or the imprisoning of 'fallen' women & sale of their children? Or the cruelty shown to gay people? You are not asking for tolerance - you are asking for blind acceptance of criminality. Many people find the RCC distasteful at best and I think protesting their continuing status as some kind of moral guides is fair enough. I won't be ordering tickets or attending but I can totally see why people would be motivated to order them and not show up or protest the visit.

• Advertisement

Ah it's not. What is it a protest against? Will you be able to look at each empty space and say why that person did not come?

It's just lazy arseholes

If you want to protest, go make up a banner and stand outside the event.

It's just about denying something to someone else that might make the other person happy.

The only valid protest related to tickets is not to attend if you don't want to.

Advertisement