Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile Gone bust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thats a great deal anywhere i can get a ID sim card lol

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

If one could, I would be on that deal straight away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Why straight away. Why not wait until the 5th of April?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

iba wrote: »

Why straight away. Why not wait until the 5th of April?

Actually now that I think about, I'll wait. No need to switch yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Careful about leaving it to the lst minute. The porting process is not foolproof and problems do arise. With O2 which is the system ID are using we had a manual process to resubmit if it failed and that sometimes required a lot of intervention. I'd be moving by Sunday/Monday to ensure there is time to iron out any issues and be certain of keeping your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Hardly surprising. They thought that 20,000MB was 20GB when i queried them on charging me for going over the data usage limit when i hadn't. They took several weeks to reply to any emails even after asking me to contact them that way.

The customer service was appalling, totally clueless and untrained. Even when i sent them proof to back up any complaints i had with them they just weren't interested. No loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

glen123 wrote: »
    Three have a switch offee for ID customers (via them or Carphonewharehouse) - 5eur per month for 12 months!

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/id-switchers

Glad I checked in on this thread, just reading whats been going on since I last was on boards,
    cant go wrong, I think the Virgin Media offer to existing customers was 6 months, Im off to three, not sure how long this has been available but glad I didnt switch to anyone else and that was mainly going to be VM. Didnt want to leave it until the last minute, but preferred to have the date around the start/end of the month so I know when my billing is, will go looking into sorting this tomorrow instore as I dont think it looks like it can be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

1874 wrote: »
    Glad I checked in on this thread, just reading whats been going on since I last was on boards,
    cant go wrong, I think the Virgin Media offer to existing customers was 6 months, Im off to three, not sure how long this has been available but glad I didnt switch to anyone else and that was mainly going to be VM. Didnt want to leave it until the last minute, but preferred to have the date around the start/end of the month so I know when my billing is, will go looking into sorting this tomorrow instore as I dont think it looks like it can be done online.

They only introduced this offer last week, the 23rd,I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

malcy wrote: »
    Hardly surprising. They thought that 20,000MB was 20GB...
    It is. From a mobile data point of view 1GB has always been 1000 MB.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

malcy wrote: »
    Hardly surprising. They thought that 20,000MB was 20GB...

Not on any other network I've been on. I've always had exactly what was offered and a notification to tell me when I've hit my limit has always corresponded to usage down to the MB. Their website was atrocious too. Both minutes and texts were counted as MB's as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nah.

Networks all work a bit/byte level so the metering follows suit (ATM cells are 53 bytes for example). If you top up with Three you'll see 2097152MB for the unlimited package (2TB). I suspect VF are the exact same (UI might perform rounding).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭JohnC.

ED E wrote: »
    Nah.

Networks all work a bit/byte level so the metering follows suit (ATM cells are 53 bytes for example). If you top up with Three you'll see 2097152MB for the unlimited package (2TB). I suspect VF are the exact same (UI might perform rounding).

The VF app at least shows the GBs as multiples of 1024MB

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leitrim_man

Is there any way to contact the receiver? I got my update regarding the DD for the headset continuing but when the news originally broke, I cancelled my DD with the bank. Anybody else in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Talking through your arse here I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Is there any way to contact the receiver? I got my update regarding the DD for the headset continuing but when the news originally broke, I cancelled my DD with the bank. Anybody else in this situation?

I cancelled my DD too so don't know what the story is .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Not on my network, 5Gigs topup always gives me 5120 MB balance

Skatedude wrote: »
    Not on my network, 5Gigs topup always gives me 5120 MB balance

1 GB = 1024 mb

1024 X 5 = 5120

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JCX BXC wrote: »

Different networks do it differently. some take a GB as 1024MB, other 1000MB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Different networks do it differently. some take a GB as 1024KB, other 1000KB

That would be a very small gigabyte!

Show me one network that has 1GB=1000MB instead of 1024MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CKparklands

Hey, Anyone have an update on this. do we have to pay for the handsets or is there even a number for them for us to contact??

• Advertisement

Hey, Anyone have an update on this. do we have to pay for the handsets or is there even a number for them for us to contact??

Emails sent out yesterday afaik

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Emails sent out yesterday afaik

I got an email alright do you know if we actually have to pay that though?

I got an email alright do you know if we actually have to pay that though?

Well , I've discussed it with the wife . If it will affect your credit rating i would suggest you pay up . But if that doesn't bother ya , the choice is really yours .

Well , I've discussed it with the wife . If it will affect your credit rating i would suggest you pay up . But if that doesn't bother ya , the choice is really yours .

Thats brill Lennyzip looks like i am paying so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Seanmk1

Originally Posted by NinjaTruncs viewpost.gif
    They (the IEC) had to redefine this as most people don't think in base2 numbering.

1 GB = 1000000000 bytes

1 GiB = 1073741824 bytes

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hollyandivy

Got a letter from Beauchamps today saying Tom Murray is liquidator of Carphone Warehouse looking for me to complete a DD form for the remaining €400+ in monthly payments of €30. Who do I get on to with to regard my phone Guarantee if something goes wrong with the phone now? Also there was an original message sent in early March from ID mobile for all Bill Payers that they would receive an email or letter before the end of march to arrange collection of payments for the phones. The liquidator told me I received an email the 29th of march advising my obligation to pay under clause 3.9 which I definitely never received.

Got a letter from Beauchamps today saying Tom Murray is liquidator of Carphone Warehouse looking for me to complete a DD form for the remaining €400+ in monthly payments of €30. Who do I get on to with to regard my phone Guarantee if something goes wrong with the phone now? Also there was an original message sent in early March from ID mobile for all Bill Payers that they would receive an email or letter before the end of march to arrange collection of payments for the phones. The liquidator told me I received an email the 29th of march advising my obligation to pay under clause 3.9 which I definitely never received.

Anyone get any more emails ?

Anyone get any more emails ?

no emails i tried getting onto beachamps i would say about 7 different occasions then one evening at 5.27 my phone rings twice they hand up i call back and the girl Ruth who is dealing with this is unavailable, tried her 3 times since still no joy,

Beachamps are worse to deal with by the looks of it than ID mobile themselves.

no more emails or no more post.

Another funny thing there collect the money for carphone warehouse, try ring them for information and they havent a clue either about it

no emails i tried getting onto beachamps i would say about 7 different occasions then one evening at 5.27 my phone rings twice they hand up i call back and the girl Ruth who is dealing with this is unavailable, tried her 3 times since still no joy,

Beachamps are worse to deal with by the looks of it than ID mobile themselves.

no more emails or no more post.

Another funny thing there collect the money for carphone warehouse, try ring them for information and they havent a clue either about it

Are you going to pay off the phone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Are your handsets unlocked now?

Advertisement