Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cbanon22

Hi guys. I bought a Fern which should be finished in early/mid May. I was thinking of having some rooms painted. Has anyone gone down the route of requesting colour changes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Asalbeag

cbanon22 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I bought a Fern which should be finished in early/mid May. I was thinking of having some rooms painted. Has anyone gone down the route of requesting colour changes? Thanks

Don't believe colour changes are possible. House are finished in magnolia throughout and for any changes you'd need to organise your own painter once you have the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've not bought in clayfarm but another new build with timber frames - we were advised not to paint the house for the first year - the house need to settle apparently and you should wait a year so the paint doesn't crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShadesofDream

Hi all, we have put deposit for a 3-bed in phase 1B. We have been informed that all houses in phase 1B are ready to be snagged but only waiting for ESB to pull an underground main supply cable.
    According to Savills, this may not be completed even in May or June since there is a problem between Park Development and ESB in relation to the completion of Electrical works. Based on this, Savills cannot confirm any date for snagging of houses in phase 1B. We contacted Park development and ESB couple of times, but no clear response was given to us.
    Since we got our loan offer from the bank in early January and it is only valid for 6 months, we may have to re-apply for the loan. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

The guys on site mentioned it's at least 6 weeks behind schedule due to recent weather issues ESB are prioritising instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Haidee_Hammond

Hi all, we have put deposit for a 3-bed in phase 1B. We have been informed that all houses in phase 1B are ready to be snagged but only waiting for ESB to pull an underground main supply cable.
    According to Savills, this may not be completed even in May or June since there is a problem between Park Development and ESB in relation to the completion of Electrical works. Based on this, Savills cannot confirm any date for snagging of houses in phase 1B. We contacted Park development and ESB couple of times, but no clear response was given to us.
    Since we got our loan offer from the bank in early January and it is only valid for 6 months, we may have to re-apply for the loan. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

Exact same issue here, I reminded Savills of this but got no response :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi all

Did anyone's solicitor manage to get the "subject to mortgage" clause added to the contract?

JDD wrote: »
    Hi all

Did anyone's solicitor manage to get the "subject to mortgage" clause added to the contract?

Mine tried...

So has mine. It's kind of galling as I believe the Law Society have Practice Direction that says this clause should be in all Contracts for Sale - but they're in the driving seat. Given the current climate they could probably put a clause in saying that we have to do a synchronized Gangnam style dance outside the house before getting the keys and we'd have to agree to it.

I would have preferred that to some of the clauses we got, not gonna lie... but as you say, they can add whatever they want and they know it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JDD wrote: »
    Hi all

Isn’t that a standard Law Society clause? I was told it was when buying before Christmas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

godtabh wrote: »
    Isn’t that a standard Law Society clause? I was told it was when buying before Christmas

It's becoming increasingly common for the clause to be missing for new builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhubarb1980

So question to people who bought in phase 1B. What prediction Park Development gave you for snagging? I was told late April a month ago. Someone mentioned 6 weeks delay for ESB connection. That gives you mid June. Does it correspond to info you got from them?

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The cheapest 3 bed in the next phase of this is 495,000. :pac: The rest are all 500+.

So which phase of this development does the supposed strategic housing affordable/social pricing kick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

awec wrote: »
    The cheapest 3 bed in the next phase of this is 495,000. :pac: The rest are all 500+.

So which phase of this development does the supposed strategic housing affordable/social pricing kick in?

Launches day after final phase Belarmine Woods Stepaside and showhouse on view same time tomorrow- must be competing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MTRO

Has anybody got an update about the electricity connection for the phase 1B houses?

Last I heard a few weeks ago was that it should hopefully be sorted towards the end of April, but I've been unable to get anybody on the phone to commit to anything definitive since then, or to give any update at all for that matter.

I'm not on Facebook, so I may be missing out on the residents group that was talked about earlier in this thread.

As I have to be out of my current rental by the end of next week, and with nowhere to go, the pressure is really starting to build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

MTRO wrote: »
    Has anybody got an update about the electricity connection for the phase 1B houses?

Last I heard a few weeks ago was that it should hopefully be sorted towards the end of April, but I've been unable to get anybody on the phone to commit to anything definitive since then, or to give any update at all for that matter.

I'm not on Facebook, so I may be missing out on the residents group that was talked about earlier in this thread.

As I have to be out of my current rental by the end of next week, and with nowhere to go, the pressure is really starting to build up!

I have not seen anyone on the Facebook group give any further updates.

I would contact Parks again by phone, then email both them and Savills. If you have not snagged yet it is unlikely you will get to move in anytime soon

It takes six weeks for snagging doesn't it?

I'm hoping against hope that while this delay is going on, the builders that would have been snagging Phase 1B are all working on our tranche of houses (the ones that are to be finished in August) so that they'll actually be ready early and ESB can hook them all up at the same time.

If the same delay happens to the August houses, so that they're not ready until October/November, we're going to be in a real problem. If my daughter gets a place in Holy Trinity in September, we're going to have to commute from Booterstown to Ballyogan every morning to drop her off. And then the childminder will have to drive from Ballyogan (where she lives) to us in the morning, do another round trip at lunchtime to do pick ups, and go back again the evening. It'll be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhubarb1980

MTRO wrote: »

Talked to site electrician on Monday and he said that ESB started connection works last week. Usually it takes at least 3 weeks for them to finish that part. Time will tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MTRO

Thanks all for the input
    Talked to site electrician on Monday and he said that ESB started connection works last week. Usually it takes at least 3 weeks for them to finish that part. Time will tell...

Thanks, that's good news, I think.

Hmmm, if they started last week, does that mean that this is the end of week two? So one more week to go???

Somebody asked earlier about snagging, but I can't say I'm too worried about that. Unless there is something major wrong I'll deal with it myself when I get a chance. I spent 15 years in the building trade during my misspent youth, and I'm a qualified carpenter and electrician, although not practicing either for a fair while, so despite the fact that I have never engaged in any DIY as such I'd like to think I'll have some hope of succeeding. My father, father-in-law and brother are all ex-plumbers, so I should also be covered when it comes to the wet stuff.

In any case it's likely to be cutting things a bit tight so I'd better go get plan 'B' started (i.e. ship my wife and 3mth old kid off to her parents in Latvia while I impose on friends, casual acquaintances and maybe even mortal enemies if comes to it, for couch space for as long as necessary ...what fun!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MillerB

Hi Clay farm group, this is more to people who have bought and gone through the process of moving into Clay farm...We have also just bought a fern. Expecting to move in Sept 2018. Has anyone had a go at getting wardrobe shelving, kitchen cabinets added etc? How are you finding the builds? Any major issues to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

MillerB wrote: »
    Hi Clay farm group, this is more to people who have bought and gone through the process of moving into Clay farm...We have also just bought a fern. Expecting to move in Sept 2018. Has anyone had a go at getting wardrobe shelving, kitchen cabinets added etc? How are you finding the builds? Any major issues to date?

Wardrobes, kitchen cabinets are all included so no need to worry there.

No major issues bar most people's garden's seem to be in horrible nick, I'd ensure that was on your snag list - making sure all stones, glass, plastic etc was removed from the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

gstones wrote: »
    Wardrobes, kitchen cabinets are all included so no need to worry there.

No major issues bar most people's garden's seem to be in horrible nick, I'd ensure that was on your snag list - making sure all stones, glass, plastic etc was removed from the grass.

I assume he means adding additional shelving internally in the wardrobes or extra presses in the kitchen etc.

In our new build in a different development we were able to do this to rejig the standard wardrobes and allow it to work for us. SO made a single raila double, added 5 drawers to the wardrobe etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

Not sure where you'd put them as no more room in kitchen and wardrobe is fitted out fully, albeit you could add more to the master bedroom and rejig as you say but you do get the list of all suppliers when you move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Omar205

Anyone have any idea when the apartments that they are currently building are likely to be launched? Is that part of phase 2?

Did you hear back on this one? They don't seem to be ready before 10-12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Omar205 wrote: »
    Did you hear back on this one? They don't seem to be ready before 10-12 months!

Unfortunately, I did not. But I'd be very interested to find out if anyone has any info.

They initially said Autumn time, as to when exactly they never said. The 3 blocks at the back of the estate have most of the windows fitted so you would imagine internally fixing would start soon after if it hasn't already. My guess would be October/November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Is that another apartment block in the front of houses and main road?
    I hope the people that bought the houses knew that was going in front of them when they bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

has anyone know what's the apartments prices?

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    Is that another apartment block in the front of houses and main road?
    I hope the people that bought the houses knew that was going in front of them when they bought them.

Yes it is and yes they would have, it's all in the plans on their website and in the estate.

You hardly think they would build an apartment block in front of people's houses 2 months after they bought without having included it in plans beforehand?

Advertisement