Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options
1332333334335336338»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

And was home advantage not worth that 

And was home advantage not worth at least the same 6 points and in addition was a very strong breeze helping Galway in the first half that died down in the 2nd not help them as well.

There was next to no breeze either way and there was no big change in it at HT.
    It was consistent throughout.
    I wonder why Henry Shefflin and Ger loughnane thought it was a 7 point wind advantage at half time while Cyril Farrell thought it was a five point advantage. I wonder why the Galway puck outs for most of the first half were dropping in and around our full forward line while Murphy's a longer striker of the ball was dropping considerably shorter in the 2nd half..

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Pitch and conditions favoured the more physical team today.galway better team on the day and deserved win.richie kevin kelly and a fit ger awylard would give us more scoring options from play going forward.need galway to bt wexford then all to play for in the park.to early to write us off.lost first two league games and won the league.long way to go and we will improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

I wonder why Henry Shefflin and Ger loughnane thought it was a 7 point wind advantage at half time while Cyril Farrell thought it was a five point advantage. I wonder why the Galway puck outs for most of the first half were dropping in and around our full forward line while Murphy's a longer striker of the ball was dropping considerably shorter in the 2nd half..
    A seven point advantage according to Cummins too

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

A humbling experience.

Galway did to us what we did to everybody for roughly the last 20 years. They bossed and bullied us.

They were stronger, bigger, faster, sharper and had more heart and guts. The winning margin didn't flatter them.

However, we have positives to take and it will be a great learning experience for our lads. Had Walters goal stood there was 2 (3?) points in it and would likely have taken a different completion.

We hung in there.

Wexford game is huge. It's important we get to the LF to give our lads more experience, a probable quarter final and avoid Galway in a potential semi final. Who knows, we may be better equipped for them later in the year.

Apart from James Maher, I think we lost every individual battle today. Thought Joey was good when he came on too.

We move on .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Another worry is Buckleys use of the ball in the last 3 games which has been atrocious

Scanlon was the big/only real positive today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pat Treacy

Another worry is Buckleys use of the ball in the last 3 games which has been atrocious

I agree with you he is not controlling his position last sunday in the park was the same, you wonder would Delany be a better bet at centre back. Its a long journey on bad roads you get used to the m9 going to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Adding another worry to the list, we're gone too nice. When did we last see our full back line doing what Burke did to Scanlon today for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Ger Loughnane also said Tipperary were finished and should take up gardening. I wouldn't read much into what they say. And I'd love to see Murphy and Skehill in the poc fada because I'd be backing Skehill. Maybe the analysts were trying to make things a bit intriguing for the second half as the first was so poor. Wind was in it (always is in Salthill) but I didn't think it was anyway near a five or seven point swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Amprodude wrote: »
    Galway were at about 75% today and beat Kilkenny rather easy in the end. I think Kilkenny will fear a Galway team at 90%.

That Galway team were not at 75%, they were flying into every tackle. They are easily the best team, but were mad for it today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This thread has reached it's 10k post limit, bear with me while I set up a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

New thread is here, I've moved the last page of posts over.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876650

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement