Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

uli84 wrote: »
    Anybody managed to collect play doh sparkle at 1.49€ price?

I never received a text to say it was in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I just reserved 2 of the Play-doh sets in the shop I made the original reservation, they are now priced at €10.49(2 for 20). If i go in and show my original reservation email, what are the chances of getting them for the €1.49?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭uli84

I never received a text to say it was in stock

Hmm ok i booked rocking horse on less than half price, only gave email address, when my bfr went to collect there was 1 in stock but they said they didn’t have that reservation number he gave, very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

uli84 wrote:

I got two but they were in stock at the time I reserved them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Hmm ok i booked rocking horse on less than half price, only gave email address, when my bfr went to collect there was 1 in stock but they said they didn’t have that reservation number he gave, very odd

Check your email that you received. If it has no reservation number, then it was not reserved. This has happened to myself a few times. If there was a number, then it was reserved.

I'm guessing in this case, no number appeared on the email.

• Advertisement

Had reservation numbers, anyways, in the end they said too many people ordered and all were cancelled :/ it’s not like it was a misprice

Not happy if i knew at the time they will never sent those i’d reserve it in the shop that had stock at the time as opposed to the local one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Bad form if you had it reserved and no cancellation notice tho. I know there was no point of sale but it's bad form with just being told no at the counter. It's a pain in the backside to travel there and be told no.

Yawns wrote: »
    Bad form if you had it reserved and no cancellation notice tho. I know there was no point of sale but it's bad form with just being told no at the counter. It's a pain in the backside to travel there and be told no.

True, my boyfriend been there twice since he’s got told to come back the next day. Argos were usually pretty good but since those deals started getting posted on facebook bargain pages and such it’s all changing. On another topic one of those facebook pages with 1000s followers clearly uses price scanner website all the time and then post deals found there as affiliate links-doubt it but hope something goes to the actual creators of price scanner site

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Was refused for pick up of that hugely discounted iron at Argos Childers road, "pricing mistake".

http://checkargos.com/product/7545520

Had the reservation number in a text / email for it also. No budging them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

johng906 wrote: »
    Was refused for pick up of that hugely discounted iron at Argos Childers road, "pricing mistake".

http://checkargos.com/product/7545520

Had the reservation number in a text / email for it also. No budging them.

Couldn't get it through the self service machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hococop wrote: »
    Couldn't get it through the self service machine?

Just wondering that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Just wondering that myself

Self service price was back up, had to challenge the "incorrect price" at the counter : (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

johng906 wrote: »
    Self service price was back up, had to challenge the "incorrect price" at the counter : (

Ah, that makes sense, saves me a trip then, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Was refused for pick up of that hugely discounted iron at Argos Childers road, "pricing mistake"

Just had the same response in Tullamore .... tried self service Kiosk first.... then was served at the till by a manager...glitch on the system was the excuse I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Apologies Checkargos has been down the last few days, I only noticed yesterday and restarting the app that hosts it didnt work, which is all i can do quickly.

Should be up and running now

If you notice its down feel free to PM me* or message me on twitter (@witnessmenow) and I'll get to it when I can!

*(My inbox is full at the moment, but im working on that :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Apologies Checkargos has been down the last few days, I only noticed yesterday and restarting the app that hosts it didnt work, which is all i can do quickly.

Should be up and running now

If you notice its down feel free to PM me* or message me on twitter (@witnessmenow) and I'll get to it when I can!

*(My inbox is full at the moment, but im working on that :) )

Down days? Jaysus, last year that would have been on here within hours, Sainsburys really have done a number on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Sorry guys just got my message saying my iron is ready for collection.
    Is it the Hoover steam generator iron for €69.99 that everyone was refused collection? Or a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Sorry guys just got my message saying my iron is ready for collection.
    Is it the Hoover steam generator iron for €69.99 that everyone was refused collection? Or a different one?

No it was a Tefal one which was priced at around 20 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

keavebm wrote: »
    Philips Star Wars X Wing Wet And Dry Electric Shaver SW6700 for 94.99

It's been that price for months http://checkargos.com/product/7423817

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Folks, reserved an item the other day for €74.99 that only came into store today but it now priced at €119.00 - I didn't get an email confirmation of my reservation, but do have the text (however it doesn't state the price)

How will I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do you have a reservation number?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do you have a reservation number?

I do - the thing is, the store I've reserved them is way off my beaten track, so would be fairly disappointed to take the journey for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Give them a call and see. No one here can give you a definite answer, it's different every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

this happened me the other day and they refused to sell it at the reserved price.

Just a follow up - I simply said the price seems to have changed, and without quibble, they charged me the sale price, so a nice result!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mr E wrote: »
    Google Home Mini down from €61.99 to €49.99.

http://checkargos.com/product/8103064

Gone off the site completely as of typing this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Nokia 3310 37.99

This is half price. It has bluetooth but does anyone know if I could use the app sumup for card payments off it? I can't seem to find out any information. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nokia 3310 37.99

This is half price. It has bluetooth but does anyone know if I could use the app sumup for card payments off it? I can't seem to find out any information. thx

No nfc so no contactless payments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    No nfc so no contactless payments

Thanks for your reply but sorry for my ignorance

what's nfc?

and if they can't flick the card at the phone could they input a pin number

Advertisement