Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone get an order through for the 1c lockers ?

I did. Said they'd be onto me today to organise delivery. Not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i have a bit longer of a wait ;-)

We will contact you by Thursday 22 February 2018 to arrange a convenient date and time for your delivery (except items delivered by post).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ablelocks wrote: »
    Parrot drone - this is reduced to €85 euro at argos

amazon reviews are only so-so, but would it be fine as a beginners drone for a young teen?

Just to ask about this aswell. Has anybody got one of them already? I've been checking out drones lately, how would this be as an entry level option to get used to how they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I had a Parrot Rolling Spider minidrone for a while, and they are fantastically easy to fly. The AR is essentially obsolete compared to what is on the market these days (see threads on DJI and Xiaomi drones for example), but if it is for a bit of fun, and you are not worried about how many pixels your camera has, or how HD it can film, it looks like a great price for it.

(The Rolling Spider was bluetooth connected, and so light a single gust of wind took it out of control range, rendering emergency stop useless. It rapidly disappeared, but I won it in a contest so I wasn't out of pocket. If you do go for the AR, it is wifi controlled, but still learn the limits of control in a wide open area first)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I did. Said they'd be onto me today to organise delivery. Not holding my breath.

got a refund this morning for it, no cancelation email yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

There's a rowing machine on the Argos UK website but it doesn't exist on the Irish website. Is it a glitch or is there some products not sold here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

iHungry wrote: »
    There's a rowing machine on the Argos UK website but it doesn't exist on the Irish website. Is it a glitch or is there some products not sold here?

Did you try to oarder it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Search for the Argos product number on the Irish web site to see if it's available. The text search feature on Argos.ie is unreliable.

But some products just aren't available in the Irish stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did anyone get the €15 iPads this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

None in stock at 8 o clock anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It says the iPad is an online exclusive. How do you order an online exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Did anyone get the €15 iPads this morning?
    dingding wrote: »
    It says the iPad is an online exclusive. How do you order an online exclusive?

If you think any of those orders will be honoured you're dreaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the cutlery set looks to be normally €5 as it has been as low as €3.19 before

http://checkargos.com/product/8011792

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Skerries wrote: »
    the cutlery set looks to be normally €5 as it has been as low as €3.19 before

http://checkargos.com/product/8011792

That set is woeful. Read the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sunny2004 wrote: »
    That set is woeful. Read the reviews.
    Its not great tbh. The missus bought a set just to have a few spare bits and pieces but honestly they are extremely light and the top edges are sharpish i.e. the end that you would be holding. I wouldnt really want to be using the knives in particular for cutting through a decent steak or any food for that matter.

Waste of a fiver imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Anyone bought one of these Hoover double ovens? Any thoughts? Better priced than Curry’s by about €80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Bought this TV over the weekend, was keeping an eye on prices over the last few weeks. Great TV for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Is the TV discount code still working?
    What is it?
    And whats the discount if it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BattleHardened

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Bought this over the weekend, was keeping an eye on prices over the last few weeks. Great TV for the price

Bringing back a TV is hard though. Much easier in a shop where they specifically sell TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Bought this TV over the weekend, was keeping an eye on prices over the last few weeks. Great TV for the price

It's €419 in Harvey Norman. They usually give something extra off as well if you ask nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Whats the story with the dot being 'discounted'? Says was 149, now 65... yet thats much dearer than through Amazon themselves...

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xpletiv wrote: »
    Whats the story with the dot being 'discounted'? Says was 149, now 65... yet thats much dearer than through Amazon themselves...

Am I missing something?

Probably quoting the price of the larger Echo devices?

checkargos.com is showing a bad gateway error.

I know the developer is a boardsie, but I cant remember the username.

His username is witnessmenow.

dingding wrote: »
    checkargos.com is showing a bad gateway error.

I know the developer is a boardsie, but I cant remember the username.

Working now

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

Echo dot now 44.99 serious bit of kit for the price. If it stays that low I'll be getting 2 more next week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vouchers tomorrow so expect usual price hikes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pah wrote: »
    Echo dot now 44.99 serious bit of kit for the price. If it stays that low I'll be getting 2 more next week

As this is the 'chat' thread- just what on earth are you doing with all the echo dots?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pah wrote: »

Pretty sure I say the Echo Dot in Curry's for €39.99.

EDIT: Actually, website says €44.99 so maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody managed to collect play doh sparkle at 1.49€ price?

Advertisement