Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks lads, thought it sounded a bit too good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A guy in my local Gamestop was telling me his friend got a 4k TV in Argos for around 200 euro during Black Friday sale last year. The thread from last year is huge to be going through so does anyone here remember seeing 4k TV's for around that price? I'm looking for one but will obviously hold out if the Argos sale is that good. Didn't pay attention last year as I wasn't looking for one. Thanks.

I bought a 4K 50 inch tv from Argos last year for 409 and loaned it to a friend. About a week before black friday I moved into a new place and asked for it back, the friend said they'd grown attached to it and asked if they could just buy it off me. So I figured, this weekend is black Friday I'll sell that TV at cost and pick up a bargain.

There was definitely never a 50 inch 4k TV in Ireland for less than 400 last year on black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

errlloyd wrote: »
    So I figured, this weekend is black Friday.
    Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

muffler wrote: »
    Eh?

At the time of that thought, it was the week of blackfriday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had reserved some items from the 3 for 2, but I doubt I'll be able to collect until the morning - chances of them still honoring the 3 for 2? Slim to none?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A guy in my local Gamestop was telling me his friend got a 4k TV in Argos for around 200 euro during Black Friday sale last year. The thread from last year is huge to be going through so does anyone here remember seeing 4k TV's for around that price? I'm looking for one but will obviously hold out if the Argos sale is that good. Didn't pay attention last year as I wasn't looking for one. Thanks.

Today show with Maura & Daithi are giving away a 49" 4k Nordmende TV with €1,000, every day this week.Worth a punt for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Today show with Maura & Daithi are giving away a 49" 4k Nordmende TV with €1,000, every day this week.Worth a punt for €2.

The lotto's also worth a punt at €4 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

€6 with the plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Might to useful to anyone looking for presents for little girls...

VTech Kidi Superstar 2018 - Pink http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8168164.htm reduced to €17 in argos. Nice reviews for it and €60+ elsewhere. I ordered two but they look like they're on backorder now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Imagine 130 croke parks and the chance of your seat being picked. Odds over 10 Million to one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

yellow hen wrote: »
    Might to useful to anyone looking for presents for little girls...

VTech Kidi Superstar 2018 - Pink http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8168164.htm reduced to €17 in argos. Nice reviews for it and €60+ elsewhere. I ordered two but they look like they're on backorder now.

Did anyone order and get at that price as it seems a mistake by Argos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Went to buy some furniture yesterday, and just before pulling the trigger I googled for argos voucher codes, saw there was FURN25 (25% off furniture over €150), used it and hey presto got the 25% reduction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Did anyone order and get at that price as it seems a mistake by Argos

Argos phoned me Saturday to say they don't have them. Convient as they were reduced. Obvs a mistake

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I reserved one last week, email said I can collect it between today and Wednesday so guess I just gotta wait but sounds like I might not get an email..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

I got a phone call yesterday telling me all stock was gone and they wouldnt be getting it again until maybe November

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

A lot of decent reductions on Lego. €50 off some of the more expensive sets.
    Smyths are still cheaper with some of the sets so be sure to cross check between the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Firblog wrote: »
    Went to buy some furniture yesterday, and just before pulling the trigger I googled for argos voucher codes, saw there was FURN25 (25% off furniture over €150), used it and hey presto got the 25% reduction :D

Is the code still active does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I got 2 of the vtech microphones down from 60something to €17. Gave one as a present and saw it in action..nice but not worth more than €30 in my opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

yellow hen wrote: »
    I got 2 of the vtech microphones down from 60something to €17. Gave one as a present and saw it in action..nice but not worth more than €30 in my opinion.

They have the black ones @ 29.99 in stock in most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

Nope. Deal has ended yesterday :(

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey, I know this isn't chat about a bargain, but it is argos related, and it's something I've wondered... I was in argos yesterday picking up something, and the lad behind the counter doing the picking kept repeating okay over and over. They seem to do it all the time. My guess is that it's a voice activated thingy telling them what to get, but I might be wrong, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey, I know this isn't chat about a bargain, but it is argos related, and it's something I've wondered... I was in argos yesterday picking up something, and the lad behind the counter doing the picking kept repeating okay over and over. They seem to do it all the time. My guess is that it's a voice activated thingy telling them what to get, but I might be wrong, does anyone know?
    I would love an answer to this ASAP because it's wrecked my head for so many years

Yupp automated system, I believe they say ok to recognise an order and move onto the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Smyths are still cheaper with some of the sets so be sure to cross check between the sites.

Smyths have 1/3 off some Lego sets at the moment so second this

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Hi all,i'm looking to buy a worx cordless drill in Argos priced E99,does anyone know of any forthcoming sale where the price might drop a bit?
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

glaswegian wrote:
    Hi all,i'm looking to buy a worx cordless drill in Argos priced E99,does anyone know of any forthcoming sale where the price might drop a bit? cheers.

Black Friday possibly. November 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Believe there is 20% off code active now - FURN20 - have to spend €150 or more to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Firblog wrote: »
    Believe there is 20% off code active now - FURN20 - have to spend €150 or more to get it.

Brilliant I'll try this weekend.. thanks

Also is their a end date on she house it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Brilliant I'll try this weekend.. thanks

Also is their a end date on she house it?

I'd say they forgot these were still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Did anyone reserve a WD Passport 2TB / 4TB that was waiting delivery to their Argos store?

It said mine would be delivered between Thursday and today but never got a text or email.

Advertisement