Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

maxiiim wrote: »
    Will get pricescanner.ie updated once they finish it could be some good stuff there.

Any idea when Argos usually have it back running

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hococop wrote: »
    Any idea when Argos usually have it back running

10-11AM this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

pricescanner.ie rescanned

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You can see the time on the website, scroll all the way down, just under the email address is the last scan date and time, for today it's: 20180728.08:27

I assume it's when last scan finished at, but if you send an email they can probably clarify it.

Yes correct this is last time scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Does anyone know if there's anyway of tracking prices on Argos UK similar to what camel camel camel do?

There's an item they don't sell directly into Ireland so I want to keep an eye on its pricing via their UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Their is a product I'm interested in buying that's on a sale price at the minute bit I'm a bit stuck for cash until Tuesday.. is their a way to find out when the sale price stops and goes back to normal price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Their is a product I'm interested in buying that's on a sale price at the minute bit I'm a bit stuck for cash until Tuesday.. is their a way to find out when the sale price stops and goes back to normal price?

Can't you just reserve it online? You don't have to pay for it until you collect it and it should be good till Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

davo2001 wrote: »
    Can't you just reserve it online? You don't have to pay for it until you collect it and it should be good till Tuesday.

No it won't let me reserve it as says it's for home delivery or in store purchase only. It's a bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Not sure where best to post this, but figured here was best:

Is there a reason that ARGOS doesn't show up on Pricespy results? I've been checking for a few items on pricespy and in all cases they don't include Argos. Just something to bear in mind I guess for people shopping around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't know anything about price spy, but http://checkargos.com/ is an Irish Argos price/stock checker you could use alongside it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

hjr wrote: »
    Is there a reason that ARGOS doesn't show up on Pricespy results?

Argos doesn't pay commission via referral links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Argos did pay commission on a user reserving anything, 30c per reservation (multiple items were still one reservation) but the ceased that in the last few months for whatever reason.
    I still plan to keep the lights on with checkargos though, would be a shame to see if go if people still find it useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

https://pricescanner.ie/currys/week_index.html

Try the above,I use it everyday and I think someone in here somewhere developed it.
    It shows items if they are at their lowest price and gives a price tracker like Camel X3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

https://pricescanner.ie/currys/week_index.html

Try the above,I use it everyday and I think someone in here somewhere developed it.
    It shows items if they are at their lowest price and gives a price tracker like Camel X3

I use this too to keep an eye out for price errors or good deals. Most price errors won't be honoured though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Try the above,I use it everyday and I think someone in here somewhere developed it. It shows items if they are at their lowest price and gives a price tracker like Camel X3

Have noticed lately the price chart on the items is not giving the previous price history anymore. More so with the Currys, it's hard to gauge if it's an actual deal unless it has Lowest on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Argos did pay commission on a user reserving anything, 30c per reservation (multiple items were still one reservation) but the ceased that in the last few months for whatever reason.
    I still plan to keep the lights on with checkargos though, would be a shame to see if go if people still find it useful!

Is the stock checking part of checkargos.com gone forever?

Max @pricescanner.ie here, witnessmenow is correct, Argos stopped paying us any commission for unknown to us reasons.
    As for Currys data - for what ever reason they have changed items ID so old data was unlinked. Now it is collected under new articles. But I will see if it is possible to link it back somehow.

Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

maxiiim wrote: »
    Max @pricescanner.ie here, witnessmenow is correct, Argos stopped paying us any commission for unknown to us reasons.
    As for Currys data - for what ever reason they have changed items ID so old data was unlinked. Now it is collected under new articles. But I will see if it is possible to link it back somehow.

Max.

@Max
    Just thought I would compliment you on Pricescanner,Its something I use every single day so thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Weyhey wrote: »
    Is the stock checking part of checkargos.com gone forever?

Or the popular items searched for today, 2 days etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Checkargos is back up and running to full functionality now. Apologies that it was down so long (over a week, to my shame). The server that runs the price history and some of the other supporting services was unresponsive for some reason. Cheers to VanZan and P.o.p.p.y for letting me know.

At the peak of its development, there were 2 of my buddies working on Checkargos with me and it was our prime side activity outside of our day jobs. But we have basically all moved onto to other things since then and I just don't have the time to maintain it like I used to. I have a deadline for a project that I'm working on at the moment and I wanted to stay focused on that, that's why it took me so long to get to fixing this.

I will continue to keep the lights on for it while I can. I don't use boards as much as I used to, so if you have any issues or questions with Checkargos feel free to PM me (I'll get an email) or message me on twitter (@witnessmenow)

@dingding: the popular items page is based on the most clicked through to Argos items for the given time frame. When the stock page wasn't working, the only page with links to Argos, it just didn't have any data to go by. It will start working again now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

@dingding: the popular items page is based on the most clicked through to Argos items for the given time frame. When the stock page wasn't working, the only page with links to Argos, it just didn't have any data to go by. It will start working again now

Thanks for sorting it out, the popular items feature is back. I found a few bargains using that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A guy in my local Gamestop was telling me his friend got a 4k TV in Argos for around 200 euro during Black Friday sale last year. The thread from last year is huge to be going through so does anyone here remember seeing 4k TV's for around that price? I'm looking for one but will obviously hold out if the Argos sale is that good. Didn't pay attention last year as I wasn't looking for one. Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A guy in my local Gamestop was telling me his friend got a 4k TV in Argos for around 200 euro during Black Friday sale last year. The thread from last year is huge to be going through so does anyone here remember seeing 4k TV's for around that price? I'm looking for one but will obviously hold out if the Argos sale is that good. Didn't pay attention last year as I wasn't looking for one. Thanks.

I would very much doubt it for that money. Add another hundred and you're probably closer to the mark. Right now you can barely find a 1080p TV for that money, they are all HD Ready nonsense. Even on Amazon you won't get that good of a price. I'd say that guy was mistaken, or talking nonsense tbh.

I would very much doubt it for that money. Add another hundred and you're probably closer to the mark. Right now you can barely find a 1080p TV for that money, they are all HD Ready nonsense. Even on Amazon you won't get that good of a price. I'd say that guy was mistaken, or talking nonsense tbh.

Yup- definitely snowballs chance in hell territory.
    Best deals on good brands at the moment- with decent discounts on display models- has to be an old friend of Boards- Richersounds (who obviously don't have a presence here any longer- though they are up the road in Belfast).

The 'deals' in Argos can be ok, rather than remarkable- and I'd definitely not hang around for Good Friday deals- which are used to clear whatever they're stuck with (and normally there is a damn good reason they got stuck with the stuff in the first place).

There is a shocking amount of very poor quality tvs/screens/monitors on the market at the moment- you really need to do your homework on what you're looking for- even saying you want a 4k set- isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Best deals on good brands at the moment- with decent discounts on display models- has to be an old friend of Boards- Richersounds (who obviously don't have a presence here any longer- though they are up the road in Belfast).

Don't they still have their own forum here? :confused:

Quazzie wrote: »

Yup- they have a 'talk-to' forum here: https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Wonder with Brexit and everything- would they consider opening a place like they aladin's cave they had on the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

He is referring to the fact that they don't have any physical stores in the Republic anymore. But as you say, they are on Boards, and have a store in Belfast and deliver to the Republic, to be fair, there service is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Advertisement