Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby looks at Fector's foot, points and whispers in his ear "Thats going to have to come off".

Webby walks back into the corridor, to find another torch, as his party member (OOC: Seemingly) took the torch away from him to pass the ooze.

Webby follows Echtrae along the corridor, with his torch aimed at the ooze, to keep it at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Webby looks at Fector's foot, points and whispers in his ear "Thats going to have to come off".

Webby walks back into the corridor, to find another torch, as his party member (OOC: Seemingly) took the torch away from him to pass the ooze.

Webby follows Echtrae along the corridor, with his torch aimed at the ooze, to keep it at bay.

Ooc: i took it before you got there I believe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

OOC : Sorry for the delay in responding, but with 9 of the original starters still technically in play and none of you 3 facing life changing ankle injuries, I'm looking at autoplay options to get this moving. The DM account asks that you bear with us in this trying time.

Echtrae edges past the slime, his torch keeping it at bay. The corridor runs north to a well lit corner, turning east.

Webby jogs back south to get a torch. As he turns the corner he hears a howl of pain and a thump. The screams continue, chasing him as he races towards the light. A less pained but no less hysterical voice adding a plaintive "WEBBBYYYYYYY!" to the unholy chorus.

OOC : Worth noting, Stu Pendous has been following Webby based on Kolido's instructions, some rolls were made behind closed doors for him and Fector. Don't hate the roller, hate the dice :D

In the dark, Stu scrabbles to push Fector off him and crawl frantically backwards. He hopes it's backwards.

OOC : Don't worry. It's backwards. Probably. Hey, DMs don't have infravision either!

He freezes for a moment, breathing hard, but Fectors screams snap him out of his panic. He screams for that coward Webby, then reaches for the dwarf in the dark, dragging him away from the slime. There's a clatter as Fector drops his short sword but in the dark Stu can't see where it landed.

Webby comes barrelling around the corner, a torch in his hand. When the light hits them, Stu realises with horror that while they are safe from the main body of slime, Fectors foot is gone and what used to be his foot is now eating it's way slowly up his shin. He grabs the corroded remains of Fector's short sword and starts scraping, being careful to keep his hands clear of the gloop.

(OOC : Fector loses a foot and 3HP due to that injury and the scraping. And he loses a short sword). Movement rate halved, Penalty of +2 on dex rolls, and can no longer drive a cart with manual gears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

OOC: Where am I at this point? I believe I headed off with the fella with the trolley of poisons but havent heard anything since

Stufur stands outside Sandors sealed tomb, feeling peckish.

Eirenaios
    busies himself in the Mask room, ejecting the spent cartridge of darts from the trap in the western archway and fitting a new one. Brutha, 9Lives and Aesc watch with interest as his fingers dance up and down the stone and wood, expertly locating hidden catches and pressure points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende files her nails.

Lalwende decides to continue North while carefully scanning for Slurps using infravision. Before proceeding, she takes a sip of silver liquid and eats a small snack from her rations.

She sees no "Slurps". Or Slimes for that matter.

OOC : you are a fiend for that silver liquid. Does it have undocumented addictive qualities? Please roll for constitution, bearing in mind your bonus to the roll, so that's :
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D
    #d20-2

Also.... how important is having a nail file to you? :D

9lives takes note of how the catches and pressure point mechanisms work with great interest.

"So, do you maintain other traps in this dungeon or just these poison dart ones? Whats the most interesting one you look after?"

She sees no "Slurps". Or Slimes for that matter.

OOC : you are a fiend for that silver liquid. Does it have undocumented addictive qualities? Please roll for constitution, bearing in mind your bonus to the roll, so that's :
    #d20-2

Also.... how important is having a nail file to you? :D

OOC : Rolled a 14 but the con bonus from last time edged this for Lalwende

Lalwende takes a sip of the silver liquid. At this point the gag reflex and minor convulsive heave are almost routine. She keeps it down. It does not in any way slake any thirst she might have, and does not convey any additional bonuses.

OOC : two more doses left in there.

Heading north, she reaches a corner where the corridor turns west. The ceiling has collapsed partially blocking it, but it's probably still possible for her to squeeze through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha looks at what Eirenaios is done and muses out loud to his companions... "Do we want to be on this side or the other side of that archway before he finishes his work and reloads all the traps?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Thinking that she might use her recently filed nails as claws in lieu of a dagger, Lalwende attempts to squeeze through the gap in the blockage.

Ooc - my dagger mysteriously disappeared so a nail file is better than nothing I suppose.

Echtrae hears a scream from the direction he came.

"What's happening" he calls back.

While waiting for a response he moves to the end of the corridor and peers around the corner to see what awaits him.

Thinking that she might use her recently filed nails as claws in lieu of a dagger, Lalwende attempts to squeeze through the gap in the blockage.

Ooc - my dagger mysteriously disappeared so a nail file is better than nothing I suppose.

Lalwende peers through the gap, seeing no obvious threats. She gets one leg and her head through, but wedges at the shoulder. She gives an exploratory push and feels on ominous rumble in the stone.

OOC : Save vs Death pls
    #d20 #Lalwende save vs Death (12)

The tables are on page 55, as a Level 1 elf your target is 12 or higher. It's worth noting that "save vs death" doesn't mean the consequence of failure is death. Doesn't mean it's not either :D

Guffy wrote: »
    Echtrae hears a scream from the direction he came.

"What's happening" he calls back.

While waiting for a response he moves to the end of the corridor and peers around the corner to see what awaits him.

Around the corner he sees another corridor stretching east. There's a torch at the far end, and he can make out a figure heading north and out of his field of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector looks at his foot or what is now a stump. Fector hobbles to get up right trying to get used to his new self. He guffaws
    "Thankfully, I was known as a tripod Dwarf, I've such a well endowed trouser snake I can balance comfortably while standing still. Walking however will be another matter entirely"

Fector takes a swig of drink to try forget the pain

Echtrae looks back to his companions but no sign of them.

He considers following the figure he saw but to what end? What if he has malicious intent

He looks to see if the slime has spread across the whole floor, things would be a lot easier hiding behind a dwarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Brutha, 9Lives and Aesc watch with interest as his fingers dance up and down the stone and wood, expertly locating hidden catches and pressure points.
    Aesc sees the darts in cartridges as a potential weapon and after studying how the traps and catches work he returns to a filled one and attempts to remove the trap.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Webby pokes fun at Fector "You may have been a tripod before, but now you are just a bit lightfooted, start hopping Stumpy, its time to get a move on..."

Webby holds the torch and signals the way forward "Dont be poking with anything this time around, or you may end up losing your trouser snake next"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Webby pokes fun at Fector "You may have been a tripod before, but now you are just a bit lightfooted, start hopping Stumpy, its time to get a move on..."

Webby holds the torch and signals the way forward "Dont be poking with anything this time around, or you may end up losing your trouser snake next"...

Fector looks at Webby, pride wounded.
    "Well there goes my party trick along with my short sword. Lead the way and I'll follow as best I can"

duffman13 wrote: »
    Fector takes a swig of drink to try forget the pain

Surprisingly after the initial agony of the foot being eaten, there's very little pain - the foot has simply ceased to be. He does have a weird compulsion to scratch between toes that are no longer there though.

After a few hops, he realises he's going to tire quickly if he doesn't find some sort of a crutch.

OOC : If I can find the tables for it, you can roll to see if your "natural crutch" is up to the job. But I'd reeeeeally rather not.
    (2 F.A.T.A.L. references in 2 days! I'm on a streak!)

• Advertisement

Echtrae looks back to his companions but no sign of them.

He considers following the figure he saw but to what end? What if he has malicious intent

He looks to see if the slime has spread across the whole floor, things would be a lot easier hiding behind a dwarf.

The slime is not covering the whole floor, there's still room to pass it if Echtrae wishes to return.

@Professor Moriarty - Sorry to keep you waiting, that Save (8) was a fail, so I'll need a D20-1 from you on Rolz.

Ooc: do i still have the quarterstaff from the octopus guy?

Actually can i get an item update thingy?

Webby waves Fector over, making light of the situation. "Hammerchop, more like Swagger-Stump... AMIRIGHT?" He smiles sympathetically at Fector as he jokes at his expense.

"C'mon Stagger-Hop' You can lean on the Halfling Bi-pod, I'll leg it for the both of us".

Webby lets Fector lean onto his shoulder, while he holds forward the light, aiming at the green slime to deter it from coming closer as they move past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

ooc: Did the slim get me or Im still with Webby, Echtrae , and Fector?

9lives continues to chat with Eirenaios asking him about the traps in the area and his history of how he came to maintain them

Kolido wrote: »
    ooc: Did the slim get me or Im still with Webby, Echtrae , and Fector?

OOC : That's entirely up to yourself. Because Webby left you in the dark I had to autopilot you for a bit, heroically saving Fector's shin. Did he say thanks yet, BTW? :D My assumption is that when the group moves (in your case, Webby, Echtrae, Fector) you stay with the majority of them, and in the event of a split stay where either you are safest or offer the most utility. Right now I'd put you with Webby and Fector, with Echtrae just up ahead.

Given the asynchronous nature of the game and the differences in posting rates, if you "attach" yourself to another player as you did earlier, I'll keep you with them as much as possible.

Ooc: do i still have the quarterstaff from the octopus guy?

Actually can i get an item update thingy?

OOC : I'm afraid it's the player's responsibility to keep track of their own inventory. It's the DM's responsibility to call you out if you pull a nail file out that you shouldn't have or two of you try to grab the same torch for example.
    Pretty sure you didn't ditch that QS but I'd have to check later when I have time.

Easiest way is to print up a character sheet - there are some examples here - and carry it with you at all times.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Aesc sees the darts in cartridges as a potential weapon and after studying how the traps and catches work he returns to a filled one and attempts to remove the trap.

OOC : Roll a D100 please
    #d100 #Aesc recovering Dart
    This will be treated as a Remove Trap due to the cartridge's tamper proofing, to stop disgruntled employees from getting any ideas. Your target is 14 or under as per the table on page 13 of the manual. A roll of 28 or higher (i.e. double the threshold for failure) would be bad in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC : Roll a D100 please
    #d100 #Aesc recovering Dart
    This will be treated as a Remove Trap due to the cartridge's tamper proofing, to stop disgruntled employees from getting any ideas. Your target is 14 or under as per the table on page 13 of the manual. A roll of 28 or higher (i.e. double the threshold for failure) would be bad in this instance.
    OOC: 2! Ha, I'm a natural.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OOC : For those watching in black and white, Lalwende failed her save vs death, and a test of dex.

As Lalwende attempts to push through the gap in the rubble, her struggles dislodge more debris. The gap collapses, the force of the stone pushing the air out of her lungs in a pained scream which echoes through the corridor. In both directions.

OOC : For those of you mapping, Lalwende's legs are in the N-S corridor, her left arm and head are in the E-W corridor above it and her chest and right arm are trapped. She's facing north-east.

Advertisement