Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende contemplates her options as she examines her sharpened quill. "If only I had a dagger I could help. But Mourinho the Special has decreed that I am unarmed" she thinks to herself.

Ooc: Am I any good in a fight if I'm unarmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae looks on as Webby rolls to the side, he tries to make out what attacked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

As Webby approaches the corner a sword swings out at head height.

Fortunately, not Webby's head's height. Mash leaps out, screaming "Ninja CHOP!" Webby coolly drops his torch while drawing an arrow with his free hand in one fluid motion, driving the shaft at the orc but hitting the dungeon wall. The arrow snaps and he stumbles, but it carries him under the Orc's next strike.

At the far end of the tunnel, Echtrae checks his pockets for something to throw. There's just the torch in his hand, a hand that still carries a burn from the last time he tried using one in combat.
    "uh…. Give him one for me, Webby!" he shouts encouragingly. Lalwende begins to scrabble through rubble.

Webby again eschews the conventions of melee combat, drawing another arrow and launching into a dive but his foot slips and he pratfalls. The orc stabs downwards at where Webby might have been, had he been a little better at this.

As Stu struggles through the rubble, Lalwende begins to charge down the corridor brandishing a sharpened quill and screaming a ululating elven war-cry. This momentary distraction is all the opening Webby needs. Prone on the floor he drives his arrow straight up through Mash's groin. The orc convulses, blood erupting from the wound and as his grip on life fades so too does his grip on everything else. His weapon clatters to the ground, he voids himself and his legs give way - he collapses onto Webby.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Can someone get this Orc off me?"

Webby struggles underneath the heavy set Orc, now on top of him.

With his extremely close proximity, he goes through the Orc garments to check for any items of interest... Maybe another of those sweet rattle pots...

While he's down there anyway, he pulls back the arrow from the groin.

Lalwende rushes over to help Webby move the orc. The stench from the orc's movement cause her eyes to stream with tears and she gags before vomiting on Webby's head. "Sorry Webby!" she exclaims as they shift the orc to one side.

• Advertisement

Unsure how Lalwende still has any contents in her stomach, besides the juices which have healed her many times over.

He looks up at the Elf... "You can stomach liquid silver, but a whiff of this raw orc... and you spill over onto me..."

OOC: Waiting for my deserved buff, due to the magical spillage of Lalwende (please)

He assists in pushing the Orc aside, walks up to the Elf, and buries his face in her garments...

"Sorry, lacking towelettes in this god forsaken place..."

Astonished at Webby's lack of gallantry and gratitude, Lalwende wipes her clothes clean. "I have been eating rations regularly which helps me stomach the liquid."

Webby laughs at Lalwende, who seems taken a back by his reaction.

"All I did was return those rations, which you clearly need... seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do...".

Webby picks off a small remnant, of what could have been an elf biscuit, still on his garments and holds it up to Lalwende.

"Want this back?"

"Can someone get this Orc off me?"

Webby struggles underneath the heavy set Orc, now on top of him.

With his extremely close proximity, he goes through the Orc garments to check for any items of interest... Maybe another of those sweet rattle pots...

While he's down there anyway, he pulls back the arrow from the groin.

About the orc's person, Webby finds another ceramic troll that clinks when shaken, a short sword with a crude "B" carved into the hilt and a bottle of sweet smelling liquid marked "Orcstar".

Mash's own sword remains on the ground where he dropped it.

Lalwende realises that she is unlikely to find a suitable mate in these corridors. Her first impression is that she is dealing with an oaf but hopes to be proven wrong. "No, thank you." she replies.

• Advertisement

Lalwende grabs the orc's sword.

Webby walks over to the other sword, which belonged to the Orc names 'Mash' and picks it up as well.

He inspects both swords, putting one away in his bag, in case one of his party members may need it later.

Lalwende grabs the orc's sword.

It has an M carved on the hilt, and is covered in blood, excrement and puke, but otherwise is perfectly serviceable.
    Webby walks over to the other sword, which belonged to the Orc names 'Mash' and picks it up as well.
    OOC : Sorry, Webby - How so slow? :D

Lalwende realises that she is unlikely to find a suitable mate in these corridors. Her first impression is that she is dealing with an oaf but hopes to be proven wrong. "No, thank you." she replies.

"No problem, thought I'd ask anyway"

Webby throws the piece into the air, catches it in his mouth, chews and swallows it.

YDaxg.gif

"Hmmmmmmm..... Silverbread".

He winks at Lalwende.

"Time to move forward, I think?"

Webby throws the piece into the air, catches it in his mouth, chews and swallows it.

Behind the harsh acidic tang of bile, some of the healing potion soaked into the elven wafer begins to seep into Webby, healing him for 1HP

OOC : But no more! No more body fluid shenanigans or I'll set a troll on you!

BTW - 9 Lives and Brutha are still in the middle of a fight in another corridor. Conor222 - let me know when you're good to go.

OOC: Sweeeeeeeet!

Lalwende cleans the sword on the orc's shirt. "Okay, after you." she says to Webby.

Webby clinks his sword against that of Lalwende "Cheers luv!".

Still a bit stiff from the tumbles and fumbles from earlier, Webby leads the way.

ezgif-3-37a51f5c0f.gif

Webby cautiously continues down the corridor, this time looking out for all dangers, not those limited to his earlier rhymes.

Webby creeps along, every mindful for threats. Stu and Echtrae carry Fector along behind him, despite the dwarf's protestations that it's just a flesh wound. Lalwende brings up the rear.

OOC : I'd recommend you decide on a preferred marching order, but since it doesn't make a difference until you encounter a threat I'm not going to make a fuss.

After some time the corridor turns east, and they can see an archway with a room beyond. They can hear a faint whistling sound, getting louder as they grow closer.

OOC : Okay now I need your marching order :D

• Advertisement

"I'll keep a look out at the back" shouts Lalwende as she slows to take a position at the rear of the group.

Webby hands the torch to his fellowship behind him.

"Best I lead the way, i think i may stay unnoticed if i can cling to the shadows to see what is ahead..."

Webby approaches the door, to see if he can somehow spot what is beyond it.

"Weathered cracks, holes, poor craftmanship, creeks or nooks..." He thinks to himself.

OOC: i have a dodge bonus to anything bigger than a human, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ech holds up fector and stu allowing Webby scout ahead.

Feeling the awkwardness of waiting for good old Webby to clear their path Echtrae tries to make idle chit chat in the rear.

"So that leg Fector, looks like a doozy. Any way you can fasion a peg for yourself? Save me having to lug you about"

Darting from shade to shadow, Webby weaves his way through the gloom, like a phantom in the night, albeit one that's chanting an odd mantra to itself. The whistling noise gets louder the closer he gets.

OOC : Seriously, it's a dice roll, you don't need to tell me what you're looking for!

Seeing nothing unusual about the archway, he leans around to look into the room. The first thing that strikes him is the spirals of white stone inlaid into the floor. They're almost mesmeric, adding to the already eerie atmosphere the whistling has created. The ceiling is higher than other rooms they've been in, and as his gaze moves to the southern wall it's clear why - Against the south wall there's a very large statue of a Troll archer, posed with his bow drawn, ready to loose. There's a door in that wall beyond the statue. Across the room from the statue is an ornate mirror.

OOC : Why yes, yes you do get an AC bonus vs creatures larger than humans.

Before moving ahead, Webby hears the suggestion from Ech, aimed at fector.

"Maybe grab one of the torches, kill the fire, flip it around and tie it to his leg".

Webby points at the broken arrow, used to attack the Orc in a previous attempt.

"Use that as a splint to keep it straight..." he whispers at his fellowship.

OOC : I'll allow that provided you have rope - Webby and Echtrae are carrying. Bear in mind, there'll be no sneaking with a peg leg, unless you find some small felt squares to stick to the bottom of it.

OOC: Do clotted up spiderwebs, at this point soiled with whatever i have been covered in since then, count as felt?

Ooc : ha! I knew you'd find a use for those. Fine - sacrifice 2ft of rope from yours or echtraes, stick the cobwebs on, he can walk unaided. There will be Dex rolls aplenty though if he runs or tries any acrobatics in combat

• Advertisement

OOC: Sweet i will sacrifice my cobwebs, ech, to you the rope. Cant cut mine.

Webby sneaks back, one last time, to aid Fector im getting grounded again.

He grabs into his garments, and pulls out a clot of webs.

"Put these on the bottom and it will soften his step..."

He winks at Fector.

"You can save that third leg of yours for sleeping around again, rather than getting around..."

Advertisement