Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Awakening from one of his many "timeouts", Eirenaios comes back to his senses to see an intensely worried adventurer in front of him. "Hale and well met stranger," he offers. "Are you in need of assistance?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu follows Brutha to the others, still feeling quite cautious, he arms himself with a dagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Guffy wrote: »
    "Webby, you are still living I see, is it you who made that girly scream?

Who is this?"

Echtrae studies the man and the trolly. He looks around to see if there is anything worth noting in his surroundings.

Webby filled with joy at the sight of one of his party members outside of Sandor's tomb found himself equally caught offguard by the sudden life the newcomes showed at the same time as his party member arrived.

"The curse of narcoleptica must be in its dip of influence" he thinks to himself.

He turns to Echtrae.

"Ah Echtrae, yes it was me... i cast my spell of desperation, its a halfling thing... you wouldnt understand..."

He points at the newcomer, "Eirenaios, is how he introduced himself... scared the bilbaggins out of me".

He turns to the Eirenaio, "Pleasure to make the acquaintance sir...". With a swift movement Webby pulls his rope out of his bag, aims it at the newcomes and attempts to come across intimidating... "Now explain yourself!"...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Lalwende continues through the fork edging forward cautiously and using her infravision as much as possible.
    Lalwende continues west alone. She reaches a corner where the passage turns north. She can see that it turns again, this time to the east, further ahead. The torches are spaced further out here, leaving a dark area in the middle of this section. Her fey heritage affords her the ability to see that the ceiling of that area looks wet and uneven.

Fourier wrote: »
    Stufur takes a long sad look at Sandor, half wondering why he cares, before walking out.

*THUNK*
    He regrets not ducking on the way out, but nevertheless manages to escape before the door seals. He's just in time to see Stu disappear around the corner westwards near the stairs they arrived by.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu follows Brutha to the others, still feeling quite cautious, he arms himself with a dagger.

Stu arrives behind Brutha, triggering another click and badoing noise. Very little has changed in this room - still a fountain along the north wall, 2 masks on the east wall near a closed door, and with the arrival of Stu a veritable "scooby stack" of heads peering around the southern doorway to look at what Webby and the Trolley guy are up to in the corridor beyond.

scoobystack_flipped.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende wonders if she is foolish or brave but decides to proceed north with great caution using her infravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector leaves the room stumbling upon Echtrae and others. It seems there is a stand off between a couple of number members of the party. Fector watches with interest hoping for some sort of conflict. He hasn't seen a good fight in a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae shrugs his shoulders and walks up to Weber waiting for the newcomers response.

Eirenaios scans the limp rope in Webbys hand and says a silent prayer to the small god of things that need stiffening. "My Name is Eirenaios and I am charged with refilling the poison dart traps around the Mask room....Thanks by the way, do you people know how bloody awkward that job is?"....Eirenaios pauses for a moment then continues, "Eh, I think I may have said too much!"

• Advertisement

ooc: charged up cure light wounds this morning

Eirenaios scans the limp rope in Webbys hand and says a silent prayer to the small god of things that need stiffening. "My Name is Eirenaios and I am charged with refilling the poison dart traps around the Mask room....Thanks by the way, do you people know how bloody awkward that job is?"....Eirenaios pauses for a moment then continues, "Eh, I think I may have said too much!"

Webby lowers his hand, pleased by the fact that his threatening posture caused Eirenaios to pray to his god to help him with his masculinity problems.

"Pleased to meet you Eirenaios, you say you work here? Refilling poison dart traps? What poison do you carry, i simply must know". Webby sticks his hands into his garments and pulls out a clot of webs and holds it up to Eirenaios, "We will reward you handsomly for this information" he proceeds to excitedly explain to thr newcomer.

OOC: Webby looks past Eirenaios and has a look at thr items in his cart.

Lalwende wonders if she is foolish or brave but decides to proceed north with great caution using her infravision.

Lalwende creeps forward into the increasing gloom, noticing a vague musty scent like mown grass left to rot. She hears a wet slurp above her.

OOC : Roll a D20 please
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D
    #d20 #Lalwende vs the Slurp

Webby lowers his hand, pleased by the fact that his threatening posture caused Eirenaios to pray to his god to help him with his masculinity problems.

"Pleased to meet you Eirenaios, you say you work here? Refilling poison dart traps? What poison do you carry, i simply must know". Webby sticks his hands into his garments and pulls out a clot of webs and holds it up to Eirenaios, "We will reward you handsomly for this information" he proceeds to excitedly explain to thr newcomer.

OOC: Webby looks past Eirenaios and has a look at thr items in his cart.

The cart is quite bare : a couple of rudimentary tools and a black container - about the size of a shoe box - covered in runes of various origin.

OOC : that's not an OOC remark, it's something Webby did. Are you blurring the line between which one of you is real and which one is a bunch of numbers on a sheet?

OOC - Out of Character - denotes comments made as a player directed at other players or the DM about the game, rather than as characters addressing eachother or the environment.

Eirenaios gets that still look again for a few moments then his face reanimates with a confused look. "My apologies stranger but my memory is befuddled. What I can tell you for certain is that it is the type of poison that it is, is a poisonously poisonous poison that will definitely poison you most poisonously should you be poisoned by it.....Poison."

At that Eirenaios mentions that he must complete his poison trap related task and begins to wheel his squeaky cart away towards the Mask room.

At the corner he looks back over his shoulder and says," Are you coming or what?"....

Lalwende creeps forward into the increasing gloom, noticing a vague musty scent like mown grass left to rot. She hears a wet slurp above her.

OOC : Roll a D20 please
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D
    #d20 #Lalwende vs the Slurp

OOC : Prof M rolled a 2, trying to roll under 12

The noise startles her and she hurls herself forward instinctively. Behind her she see's a thick gloop drip off the ceiling and land on the ground where she had been standing.

Lalwende examines the slurp carefully from a safe distance wondering if it could be of any use.

Lalwende examines the slurp carefully from a safe distance wondering if it could be of any use.

The slime is a translucent green. It has the consistency of a failed trifle. It smells like a long forgotten wet towel. Otherwise it's not terribly interesting. Although... she can't be sure but in all the time she spent examining it, has it moved a tiny bit closer to the wall? Probably a trick of the half-light.

Lalwende regrets that she didn't acquire a dagger instead of a mirror but a quick peek at her good side restores her faith in her mirror. She wonders if she could stab the slurp with her quill. She decides that the slurp isn't worth further investigation and proceeds north very cautiously using her infravision and wearing her mail. Periodically, she checks behind her to see if the slurp is following her.

Eirenaios gets that still look again for a few moments then his face reanimates with a confused look. "My apologies stranger but my memory is befuddled. What I can tell you for certain is that it is the type of poison that it is, is a poisonously poisonous poison that will definitely poison you most poisonously should you be poisoned by it.....Poison."

At that Eirenaios mentions that he must complete his poison trap related task and begins to wheel his squeaky cart away towards the Mask room.

At the corner he looks back over his shoulder and says," Are you coming or what?"....

"Uhhhh... You do realize we dont actually work here, right?" he shrugs at Eirenaios as he moves past Webby. As the cart moves past him, he spots a rune covered receptacle on the back of the trolley and tries catching the attention of his party members.

"Any chance this is in any way interesting?" he whispers at the magic users and thieves in his party.

Webby moves his head into the direction of Eirenaios "Buddy... we are going this direction, yeh? That alright?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Aesc introduces himself to the newcomer with the cart and walk alongside. "Your staff here then? You must see a lot of adventurers down here so. I bet there are secrets that none of them have discovered yet, right?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Stu advises Brutha and Fector that they should catch up with Webby and the other, he slowly makes his way down the corridor looking out for any traps that may have been missed.

Webby continues his venture down south, into the corridor. He takes great care in his approach looking out for signs on the walls, traps on the floor and continues to do so throughout the corridor leading into the west.

Webby looks out to see if he can spot something in the corridor turning west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

9lives follows along behind Eirenaios giving himself a bit of space, about 6 or 7 ft behind him.
    Hes intregued by this persons job and thinks he might be able to learn more about the traps and setup of the environment this way.
    "I'll give you a hand big fella"

Lalwende regrets that she didn't acquire a dagger instead of a mirror but a quick peek at her good side restores her faith in her mirror. She wonders if she could stab the slurp with her quill. She decides that the slurp isn't worth further investigation and proceeds north very cautiously using her infravision and wearing her mail. Periodically, she checks behind her to see if the slurp is following her.

The passage turns east. The torch at the corner illuminates some of the passage before her, and a torch at the far end shows the corridor is maybe 90 or 100 feet long, but in between is dark and the contrast with the distant torchlight makes it very difficult for her to focus her infravision on the darkness.

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu advises Brutha and Fector that they should catch up with Webby and the other, he slowly makes his way down the corridor looking out for any traps that may have been missed.

Stu advances into the corridor, finding no traps or anything else of note other than Webby's inscription.

OOC : Webby is headed south. Eirenaios has not declared - which one are you following?

Stu advances into the corridor, finding no traps or anything else of note other than Webby's inscription.

OOC : Webby is headed south. Eirenaios has not declared - which one are you following?

ooc: following Webby

Webby continues his venture down south, into the corridor. He takes great care in his approach looking out for signs on the walls, traps on the floor and continues to do so throughout the corridor leading into the west.

Webby looks out to see if he can spot something in the corridor turning west.

Webby proceeds west, finding nothing hazardous. At the junction with the northern junction, he peers into the darkness but doesn't see anything interesting or enticing intially. As he stops craning his neck he notices a crude scratch on the ground - as if hurriedly done with a stone or an arrowhead - of a 3-bended S a couple of feet into that passage.

450483.png

While he's peering, Stu Pendous arrives behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae catches up with webby and stu,

Investigates the marking on the ground to see if he can decipher it.

• Advertisement

Webby ignores the forked passage up north and continues down the west corridor.

Advertisement