Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

First round is on Paddy.

TH I have a long weekend coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TH I have a long weekend coming up.

Off to TA thread to abuse you :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

happiness is sleepiness, safe and snug as the wind rattles the stars and shakes the clouds dry.. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A lonely little cowslip , on the green in front of the house . Without fail every year I see one in nearly the same spot . Two more at the top of the estate , happy flowers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

EUROVISION FEVER !!! TA I missed last night, but TH Ireland is through !

Where's the thread ? Where's the ****ing thread ?????:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was at the playground with my grandchild and two gorgeous little Russian boys today tried to chat to me in English !
    " Be you hers nana " one asked proudly !
    So cute and their mum was so proud of them using English !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

EUROVISION FEVER !!! TA I missed last night, but TH Ireland is through !

Where's the thread ? Where's the ****ing thread ?????:eek::eek::eek:

In the TV forum. Only 1298 posts so far
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057798327

Not a fan myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I was at the playground with my grandchild and two gorgeous little Russian boys today tried to chat to me in English !
    " Be you hers nana " one asked proudly !
    So cute and their mum was so proud of them using English !

That is so lovely, aww.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    In the TV forum. Only 1298 posts so far
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057798327

Not a fan myself :D

I found it, and have it followed, so I won't forget :D Thanks !

I like the homeliness of it, and the complete tackiness, and it's something to look forward to every year, except I did lose interest a bit when Ireland was doing so badly. This'll be a lovely family night watching, and I always have a great laugh trying to keep up with the thread on here too !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    A lonely little cowslip , on the green in front of the house . Without fail every year I see one in nearly the same spot . Two more at the top of the estate , happy flowers :)

I love seeing something like that. Despite the very strange weather, it's lovely to see new blooms fighting their way through. It lifts my heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I dialled in a pretty sweet tone on my old amp this evening.
    Been playing for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I like the homeliness of it, and the complete tackiness, and it's something to look forward to every year, except I did lose interest a bit when Ireland was doing so badly. This'll be a lovely family night watching, and I always have a great laugh trying to keep up with the thread on here too !

I love it too! I have a night out on Saturday and the temptation to skip it to watch the Eurovision! The thread is great! :D

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was playing all sorts of songs for the kids in my class. I ended up putting Blackbird by The Beatles (sticking with a nature theme here).

One little boy put up his hand and said he knew the song. It was raining during break so they stayed in and he drew me a picture and wrote out the lyrics to Blackbird!! How he remembered them I don't know! Such a clever, sweet little boy and he's only 7 years old!

You sound like such a lovely teacher. :)

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I love seeing something like that. Despite the very strange weather, it's lovely to see new blooms fighting their way through. It lifts my heart.

I was so amazed at the wild flowers suddenly in bloom in the neglected field here. One day, just daisies, the next ,patches of pretty cuckoo flowers, new to me

A day ahead. Simply that as so many do not have that, or the freedom to enjoy it
    Very Celtic thoughts of "food in the eating place "and fire in the fireplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When you wake with a happy song in your head and find yourself humming or singing it an hour later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Off tomorrow as they're re-tiling the floor \o/.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

SirChenjin wrote:
    You sound like such a lovely teacher.

Ah thank you :) I'm tough but fair! They know where they stand with me but we have fun too!

TH we did our testing this morning and they did brilliantly! Yay!

Just been outside and since early today two more sunflower seeds have sent green shoots up... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I know we're only back, but I have a day off tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The pink cherry blossom trees all around my estate look especially nice today. I think that's what they're called. We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lorelli! wrote: »
    We use to call them confetti trees as kids!

You're right they are called confetti trees :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm about 10 years late to the party but I've just discovered the joy of Podcasts.
    I used to hate going for walks alone because I'd get bored of listening to music and would end up changing the song every 2 minutes, meaning I spent half the walk distracted with my head in my phone.
    I literally completely lost 2 hours last night listening to one, didn't even feel the time pass.
    TH that I've finally found something I enjoy that helps keep me moving instead of being a couch potato. :pac:

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I'm about 10 years late to the party but I've just discovered the joy of Podcasts.
    I used to hate going for walks alone because I'd get bored of listening to music and would end up changing the song every 2 minutes, meaning I spent half the walk distracted with my head in my phone.
    I literally completely lost 2 hours last night listening to one, didn't even feel the time pass.
    TH that I've finally found something I enjoy that helps keep me moving instead of being a couch potato. :pac:

Please please take care if you are walking on roads, however quiet, You NEED to be able to hear eg cars. There have been some tragedies.

Shopping here and in and put away, well most of it... hassle free and kindly done. Ah bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

SusieBlue wrote: »

They say 'two shorten the road' and Mrs S and I don't even notice the 5 or 6 km walk each day when we have each other for company. When Mrs S goes on her own she uses her IPod and says it takes the chore from the walk. Do what helps the walk pass for you. The total benefits for brisk walking are immense.

TH today was memories and having a baby in the house - and the super sunshine.

I was planning on buying a light quilt for the warmer weather and when I came home My mam had brought me one :o:D and then I was cheeky and asked her any chance of a 100euro and she caught the brush and told me to get out ya pup :D.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Chancer! :D

My TH is a bowlful of rum and raisins ice cream. Nyom!

New Home wrote: »
    Chancer! :D

My TA is a bowlful of rum and raisins ice cream. Nyom!

er, is you in the wrong thread or is I? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces7 wrote: »
    er, is you in the wrong thread or is I? ;)

WHATCHU-TALKIN-BOUT-jil5u7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement