Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Short sleeve on the cycle for the first time this year today.
    May have been a few weeks early as it was a tad cold but we'll stick with it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Making Cacio e pepe spaghetti for my 2 kids and 2 nephews .... and watch them HOOVER it up without a sound!!!

No fussing, just great dish and appreciation ... bliss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Probably getting boring for some but, when you wake to a bright calm morning with nothing to do and all day to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Probably getting boring for some but, when you wake to a bright calm morning with nothing to do and all day to do it.

Love it, and being alone too ... a break from the hectic noise of kids ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

razorblunt wrote:
    Short sleeve on the cycle for the first time this year today. May have been a few weeks early as it was a tad cold but we'll stick with it for now.

Was kayaking in a shorty over the weekend, was a little chilly, but nice to get some sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting to grips with a very complicated official document and emailing it off makes me very very happy.

Then going outside and bathing in the sight of the ocean with a fresh pure wind on my face .. I know which matters most and rejoice in that. Setting the world aside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH Was when walking home from the shop I saw one of the local tabby kitties :D (very similar to poochies cat) I was trying to call him over, well he completely ignored me :eek:, walked right past me like I didn't exist :D and started kneading his little paws on a tree :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Went swimming in the sea today and a few huge dolphins were swimming about 50m away. Magic.

They were bobbing and jumping all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Plugging in a USB device & getting it the right way first time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Plugging in a USB device & getting it the right way first time.

Witch!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Just discovered dark mint KitKat.

Nom.

So many people taking a walk in the countryside. Great to see.

I may open a tea shop, or lemonade stall, at the gate

So many people taking a walk in the countryside. Great to see.

I may open a tea shop, or lemonade stall, at the gate

I have visions of a lovelier time akin to something out of the Famous Five!

I now have the warm and fuzzies! Thank you!!!

I have visions of a lovelier time akin to something out of the Famous Five!

I now have the warm and fuzzies! Thank you!!!

If any of the younger grandchildren had been here today I probably would have set them up at a table offering free cold drinks of water or lemonade just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There were 2 kids selling something on the side of the road on my way back from town, outside their driveway !

It was cute but what they were holding looked like a bottle of wine rather than lemonade or anything like that, and they had no sign saying what it was so I just drove on. :D
    (can't drink on medication !)
    (no, they weren't wearing dirty overcoats and their noses weren't red)

Almost finished the second heavy official document letter and the first one is away. Happy the weight has gone and happier still if they take moooooooonths to replyl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The kids bike got a puncture which I managed to fix despite lack of practice over the past 30 years.
    Instant hero status.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Was out for a stroll, passed by a shop playing Baker Street as the sax solo was playing. Lad walking behind me started whistling along.

Stopped off for an ice-cream on route too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bath towels are bone dry and fabulousy hard from the sun ! I know I am unusual in this but I love my towels hard ! I love drying myself with a air fresh hard toweling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Was watching some squirrels earlier playing on the grass. Along came a dog and the squirrels made their escape to a tree. The dog has been watching and waiting by the tree for ages. Poor dog will be waiting a hell of a long time before those squirrels come back down the tree. So my TH is at the poor dogs expense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Barking up the wrong tree", quite literally. :D

Had a check of my seedling situation and the tub I planted with poached egg and trailing nasturtium seeds is looking very grown up and promising great things. Tiny seeds and so much life ... miracles always

Graces7 wrote: »
    Had a check of my seedling situation and the tub I planted with poached egg and trailing nasturtium seeds is looking very grown up and promising great things. Tiny seeds and so much life ... miracles always

I admire you! I swear I can kill plants by being near them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Got my nails done today as a treat. I never have the time or the money to spend on myself, and bite my nails so there is no point but just said today I'd treat myself. Just looking at them now is making me happy, they are done in a really pretty, girly shade, not like my usual style at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TG1 wrote: »
    Got my nails done today as a treat. I never have the time or the money to spend on myself, and bite my nails so there is no point but just said today I'd treat myself. Just looking at them now is making me happy, they are done in a really pretty, girly shade, not like my usual style at all!

Did you just get regular polish or a gel type thing? My nails get ruined by Shellac/Gel and I'm always cleaning so regular polish doesn't work either. Would love to get them done. Really thing it makes you look way more put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

northgirl wrote: »
    Did you just get regular polish or a gel type thing? My nails get ruined by Shellac/Gel and I'm always cleaning so regular polish doesn't work either. Would love to get them done. Really thing it makes you look way more put together.

Just a shellac, I'm hoping it might be strong (and expensive) enough to stop me biting them! :pac:

TG1 wrote: »
    Just a shellac, I'm hoping it might be strong (and expensive) enough to stop me biting them! :pac:

Sounds lovely. My friend gets that too for the same purpose and her nails have really come on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that my first shift at my new job went well :D okay so it was only 2 hours so I could get used to the place, but I'm still glad it went well :o

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TH that my first shift at my new job went well :D okay so it was only 2 hours so I could get used to the place, but I'm still glad it went well :o

Congrats!!

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Onwards and upwards from here on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement