Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

northgirl wrote: »
    Congrats!!

Onwards and upwards from here on.

Thank you both! :)

Glad to have started, at least the most nerve wracking part is over with (I hope!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TH that my first shift at my new job went well :D okay so it was only 2 hours so I could get used to the place, but I'm still glad it went well :o

Congrats Kitty !
    New Home wrote: »
    "Barking up the wrong tree", quite literally. :D

Ohhh homeo

IlliterateDeadlyGander-max-1mb.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Happy it's only a four day week.

(Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws there!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Happy that I'm off work again tomorrow.😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Colser wrote: »
    Happy that I'm off work again tomorrow.��

Isn't it a great feeling?

That's me every day for the past 20 years. I still regularly get a TH about it.

• Advertisement

Isn't it a great feeling?

That's me every day for the past 20 years. I still regularly get a TH about it.

Did you ever miss work as you obviously retired at a young age?

Colser wrote: »
    Did you ever miss work as you obviously retired at a young age?

Retired at 54 after over 30 years of the job. After a fortnight I hardly even thought about it other than being so thrilled to be retired. I kept, and keep, busy and keep body and mind active; so don't miss work at all. I never realised how stressed I had been until I stopped work.

Retired at 54 after over 30 years of the job. After a fortnight I hardly even thought about it other than being so thrilled to be retired. I kept, and keep, busy and keep body and mind active; so don't miss work at all. I never realised how stressed I had been until I stopped work.
    That's a really great situation to be in,the ideal work life balance.I've read some of your posts regarding your work and travels and it sounds fascinating..you'd be an interesting dinner guest without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was told off by a three year old for mixing up the names of her dollies. I'll get it right from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy to have sorted and sent official stuff which was weighing on my mind mightily ...

Happy that when I sat down in the kitchen and found a thick cushion.. that the cat survived the ...oppression. so is he and he then decamped to my bed. Wet fur and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

My 3yr old thinks rice crispies are called nice crispies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Peatys wrote:
    My 3yr old thinks rice crispies are called nice crispies.

Nice and crispie, seems logical to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Being on my flight to Lisbon!

Next drama will be the accom lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lisbon is a great place.

TH at getting some flashbacks.

Wen out to check the seedlings etc. and to my amazement the yellow gladioli have literally shot up an inch and more overnight. Now they are safe from the cats... Very glad-dening..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wen out to check the seedlings etc. and to my amazement the yellow gladioli have literally shot up an inch and more overnight. Now they are safe from the cats... Very glad-dening..

Additional kudos for that one!!!!

Magical.. had a wander into the abandoned back field and it has come alive with wild flowers butterflies and bees, just in the last 2 days.

Not been anywhere like this for many years and and I am utterly enchanted. Ided cuckoo flowers; so I have cuckoos singing and pretty flowers//

Last several rentals have been sheep country and they eat all except rushes and docks...

Wonderful here.
    So odd though. When I lived on a north sea island, I had a space to wander in that was scattered with wildflowers.. and revelled in wandering round in rare sun gazing at the sea. And now I am back doing that and is it so incredibly good. .. longed for this.. alleluia

Additional kudos for that one!!!!

It was not deliberate! Had typed it before I realised and almost amended it!

Met three French anglers while fishing this morning. Had a very pleasant chat in my poor French and their poor English. They were enjoying the morning and didn't mind the rain. Common delights in the countryside

Graces7 wrote: »
    Magical.. had a wander into the abandoned back field and it has come alive with wild flowers butterflies and bees, just in the last 2 days.

Not been anywhere like this for many years and and I am utterly enchanted. Ided cuckoo flowers; so I have cuckoos singing and pretty flowers//

Last several rentals have been sheep country and they eat all except rushes and docks...

Wonderful here."

So odd though. When I lived on a north sea island, I had a space to wander in that was scattered with wildflowers.. and revelled in wandering round in rare sun gazing at the sea. And now I am back doing that and is it so incredibly good. .. longed for this.. alleluia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I went to the work gym for the first time ever (I've been here since November) at lunchtime and did week 4 of Couch to 5k all the way through with no extra walk-breaks despite not having run since this time last year and now I feel like Wonder Woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh! And I won tickets to Star Wars: A New Hope in the O3 with the score being played live by the RTE Concert Orchestra on the radio this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Oh! And I won tickets to Star Wars: A New Hope in the O3 with the score being played live by the RTE Concert Orchestra on the radio this morning!

I went to one of these, they're class!

Dial Hard wrote: »

Do the lotto..you're on a roll.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I heard a woodpecker today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My brother just sent me a picture of his newly adopted dog. The picture made me broody (for a dog not a baby) :D

Why would anybody not be even a little bit TH on an evening like this? It's an absolutely stunning evening right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm finally feeling a bit chilled today after days if not weeks of being quite wound up... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH is I have mighty and a cupan tae!!!
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I heard a woodpecker today

Woody wood pecker? :pac:

*gets coat*

• Advertisement

TH is I have mighty and a cupan tae!!!

Woody wood pecker? :pac:

*gets coat*

I loved that cartoon.

Survived the dentist and the hygienist and it only cost me 18e because prsi is covering a bit more this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement