Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The good weather this weekend. I know it's due to disappear shortly, but it just lifts the spirits to see the sun shining, people out and about enjoying it, toddlers with little sunhats on :D , the smell of cut grass, of barbecues...
    Everything (even work!) seems better when the sun shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Apparently Leo Varadkar has just checked me out on POF lol. :D:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Apparently Leo Varadkar has just checked me out on POF lol. :D:pac::D

Fake profiles. Love em.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy to be safe indoors as yet another deluging gale storms the bastions out there.
    Happy to have responded to ******* official emails with only a modicum of sarcasm... HSE is *********
    Happy not to have to go out today. Probably could not open the door anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another bright calm morning. The birds are signing. We're going to town for breakfast. All is right with the world. And the wheel keeps turning.

• Advertisement

TH to see the town buzzing and busy for a midweek morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Daddy blackbird swooping down and landing by the kitchen door with two of his youngs in tow. Amazing to see them all look at me in the eye, decide I wasn't a threat after all (they do know I'm the one who provides the free food), being fed and feeding themselves (they're big birdies, now, they can do this on their own!), drinking, and generally go about their busy little lives. Having overgrown greenery around the house might look messy to other humans, but it's a haven for wildlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

New Home wrote: »
    Daddy blackbird swooping down and landing by the kitchen door with two of his youngs in tow. Amazing to see them all look at me in the eye, decide I wasn't a threat after all (they do know I'm the one who provides the free food), being fed and feeding themselves (they're big birdies, now, they can do this on their own!), drinking, and generally go about their busy little lives. Having overgrown greenery around the house might look messy to other humans, but it's a haven for wildlife.

And I bet you get a lovely song in the evening from him too!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's amazing, around here - the birdsong (morning, noon and night, although the birds aren't the same, and some would have nicer voices than others) would make you dizzy. Heaven! :) Yesterday a female blackbird busied herself picking up lots of strands of hay about 8 steps away from me. She took her time, despite having seen me, picked the best ones, and then flew off. Interior design at its best. :)

The tide of my migrainey misery turned...

I am technophobic. And no way could i find the number on my cellphone and no I cannot text... so it ran out (pay as you go, tesco)
    Usually I take i t in and kind folk do the techie stuff to top it up but not been well enough to do that

Bad at techie, but good at lateral thinking. So I posted the phone to Tesco with a note explaining..said nice ,true things about their staff... It came back today,number written down and have topped it up with e5 as a gift..

Kindnesses ease the heart..

Writing the number everywhere now and can top up online..

• Advertisement

It's amazing, around here - the birdsong (morning, noon and night, although the birds aren't the same, and some would have nicer voices than others) would make you dizzy. Heaven! :) Yesterday a female blackbird busied herself picking up lots of strands of hay about 8 steps away from me. She took her time, despite having seen me, picked the best ones, and then flew off. Interior design at its best. :)

Wonderful.. The birds here are cat-wary.. cuckoo and lark are great though .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lovely kind helpful girl in Affidea is sorting out my messed up appointment .People can be so nice if you smile and speak nicely too .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Lovely kind helpful girl in Affidea is sorting out my messed up appointment .People can be so nice if you smile and speak nicely too .

Oh indeed yes. Makes you wonder what they have to put up with though.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Forming a nine-letter word in today's Irish Daily Star word box puzzle - paramount.

I often feel sorry for people who can't, or won't, find the sheer delight in the nature around us. Mornings here are an alarm clock of Song Thrush, Robin, Wren, Woodpigeon and Great Tit. Others fill the day and evening, in to night, brings Blackbird, more Robin, Grasshopper Warblers, Sedge Warblers, and Chaffinch.

The cuckoo is calling, and House Sparrows are meeting in the roof tiles, blackbirds and song thrushes are busy with beaks full of food, so the young have arrived. Blue Tits are in and out of the nest boxes. And that only the birds. Wildflowers, insects etc are all marvels and a joy to behold right now.

Couldn't agree more, Srameen - spend 5 minutes observing nature, really paying attention, and you're hooked forever.

Sunshine starting to break through the clouds.. roof ticking as the light heats it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I often feel sorry for people who can't, or won't, find the sheer delight in the nature around us. Mornings here are an alarm clock of Song Thrush, Robin, Wren, Woodpigeon and Great Tit. Others fill the day and evening, in to night, brings Blackbird, more Robin, Grasshopper Warblers, Sedge Warblers, and Chaffinch.

The cuckoo is calling, and House Sparrows are meeting in the roof tiles, blackbirds and song thrushes are busy with beaks full of food, so the young have arrived. Blue Tits are in and out of the nest boxes. And that only the birds. Wildflowers, insects etc are all marvels and a joy to behold right now.

48 years of age, responsible bill paying adult.

Sniggering at Great Tit.

I iz shamed :)

Sniggering at Great Tit.

You young 'uns. Always make me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I grew up with birds chirping, cows mooing, cuckoos hiding, grasshoppers making noise but not being able to find them, taking lilac off trees. I had a pet cow that was nearly 15 years old. I loved her so much and I was so happy living with my dad with pet cows pet calves pet sheep pet dogs stray dogs who had puppies and made my life.
    I still love all that but it makes me sad now, so I prefer to not look at cows, and stay in the hustle and bustle and live a different kind of life with no memories. But I think I’ve had the best of both worlds.
    I had the best childhood and I’m very happy about that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sniggering at Great Tit.

:D:D:D
    TH I'm not the only one. I saw a lovely pair of tits (blue) in my garden last week and was giggling like a kid...

I grew up with birds chirping, cows mooing, cuckoos hiding, grasshoppers making noise but not being able to find them, taking lilac off trees. I had a pet cow that was nearly 15 years old. I loved her so much and I was so happy living with my dad with pet cows pet calves pet sheep pet dogs stray dogs who had puppies and made my life.
    I still love all that but it makes me sad now, so I prefer to not look at cows, and stay in the hustle and bustle and live a different kind of life with no memories. But I think I’ve had the best of both worlds.
    I had the best childhood and I’m very happy about that :D

Lovely post;thank you.

I have always been amid it all. Always seeking out. my natural habitat always and just that. As a child in a safer world would wander fields alone and learn flowers and back now in my second childhood back to the realities i am safe in here; flowers and birds and soon seals and puffins as extras..

We are each and all different and love different things at different times with no compulsion,as you say, and that is good and healthy..

Was out at the back with the dog, watching a wee bird perched atop the wild fuchsia, being bounced up and down by the wind and loving it! This bird comes near to me often wherever I am . Just having fun he was.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    TH I'm not the only one. I saw a lovely pair of tits (blue) in my garden last week and was giggling like a kid...

Just as well you don't have Bearded Tits....your imagination would run riot.

TH, newest grandchild is visiting tomorrow.

Or blue-footed boobies... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was playing all sorts of songs for the kids in my class. I ended up putting Blackbird by The Beatles (sticking with a nature theme here).

One little boy put up his hand and said he knew the song. It was raining during break so they stayed in and he drew me a picture and wrote out the lyrics to Blackbird!! How he remembered them I don't know! Such a clever, sweet little boy and he's only 7 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There's this guy in one of my classes. A right grump he is, huffing and puffing, when he's not moaning, but he has a good sense of humour so I tease the good mood out of him usually. And he is a nice guy despite the grumps.
    He thinks he's useless at my subject, no confidence at all, I'm always trying to convince him he's not half as bad as he thinks he is.
    Today he got an answer nobody else had, he remembered that from far far away in a corner of his mind, and it wasn't an easy peasy one to remember.
    Proud as punch he was, it made my day to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It was like this scene from Le Petit Nicolas, which always makes me very TH :D

Clotaire is not doing so good at school, but when the Education Minister visits the school he gets the answer against all odds ! He failed on this answer previously so everyone is so happy he gets it.

https://youtu.be/E_MHGrmw12I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I won €10 on the lotto. Not enough to quit my job but it cheered me up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I won €10 on the lotto. Not enough to quit my job but it cheered me up :)

If you won 10 euro there's hope for all of us :3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement