Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show May 4th

Options
  • 04-05-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭

cats1_2.jpg?itok=fH2v95t2

Tonight's guests:

Eurovision: Tubridy will be talking with some of Ireland's most famous contestants including Paul Harrington, Charlie McGettigan and Linda Martin as they perform some of the contest's biggest hits. And they’ll be taking part in a game of ‘Eurovision Spin and Sing’ alongside Jake Carter, Ronan Johnston and Rory Cowan.

Dave and Steve Flynn
    - The Happy Pear twins will be in studio to chat about their ever expanding vegan food empire and how to convince younger eaters that veggies are not only good for them but tasty too.

Professor John Crown and health editor Susan Mitchell- They're going to discuss the continuing fallout from the Cervical Check controversy.

Gordon Snell - It has been six years since the much-loved Maeve Binchy died and her book Minding Frankie is making its stage debut. On Friday night, her husband Gordon Snell joins Ryan Tubridy to chat about life with Maeve during their 35 year marriage, what it has been like since her passing and the impact her work continues to have on audiences around the world.

Margaret and Shannon Keady - Galway hurling legend Tony Keady died suddenly last year sending shockwaves across the sport. A few months before his death, Tony had started to tell his story to sportswriter Liam Hayes, including his dramatic departure from the Galway team, and since his passing his family has decided to continue that work. His wife Margaret and daughter Shannon will tell viewers why they wanted to finish Tony's story.

Debbie Cole and Dominique Meehan
    - Both of these women are victims of rape who went public to raise awareness and, in Debbie’s case, campaign for laws to lengthen the sentences given to rapists who repeat offend. Both women will share their traumatic experiences and the impact that their individual attacks have had on their lives.

‘Big’ John Hayes - The fisherman from Howth who travelled to Mozambique to live and work alongside a local fisherman for The Hardest Harvest, will chat about what it was like to find himself fishing with just a line and some bait on a tiny boat far out into the Indian Ocean.

Plus music from Dublin four piece State Lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

After a hard weeks work that's just the lineup you need

Maybe if the arseh0les in RTE did a honest weeks work they would realise that the last thing you want is more depressing Cr@p on a Friday night

Norton knows the score and that's why he wipes the floor with this dross

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So the guests tonight:

1 conversation about rape
    1 about cervical cancer
    2 about mourning a person who's died
    1 about being vegan
    1 about fishing being hard for poor people
    1 misery slot: Eurovision singers

Happy Friday compadres!

Jesus in heaven please help us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

Ryan Tubridy, Jake Carter and the Happy Pear twins.

4 hots guys to warm us up on a Friday night. Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jake Carter cant be on RTE programming again surely, he's been on 17,565 times already this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

Let the fun begin!

LateLatePanto.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

John Crown and Susan Mitchell will be interesting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Let the fun begin!

LateLatePanto.jpg
    Tubbs has a real WTF look on his face there. I know I sure did when I saw it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Who is Jake Carter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Nothing like hearing about death,rape and cancer to wind down from a hard working week

Who is Jake Carter?
    He won Dancing With The Stars and he is Nathan Carters brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The crowd look so excited, obviously have'nt been told whats ahead for them

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rape and cancer on Fri nite light tv..

You gotta love RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

mzungu wrote: »

Thanks for the warning.

Linda Martin vs Paul Harrington. Well, obviously it's Paul Harrington that has (loads) more talent, but it really is fluff TV to be having a contest like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Who do the Happy Pair Twns know in RTE. They seem to constantly be on. They might be rivaling Nevin on the RTE chef/cook appearance table

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Vicky Phelan and other women that have been affected by what's happened, but can't we have just a little time off from this story - just for one night? Nothing but wall-to-wall coverage on every TV and radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,828 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mzungu wrote: »

I think last week is the first week since January he was not on an RTE show.

Let the fun begin!

LateLatePanto.jpg

I bet that's the first time Billy has had a drag queen square up to him

M

Wonder how much money a year is paid out in compensation by the HSE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This topic has been on radio and TV all week. My god, just what you need on Friday night.
    Movie time.

M

Per € spent and lives saved would be nice stats.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Vicky Phelan and other women that have been affected by what's happened, but can't we have just a little time off from this story - just for one night? Nothing but wall-to-wall coverage on every TV and radio show.
    I am good with them having a segment on it. I know it is heavy hitting for a Friday evening, but this is a current affairs show, so I would be surprised it they did not have any kind of segment on it. Plus, the HSE need to be held to account and the longer this stays a hot topic, the more chance something will be done. My fear is when it goes off the front page it will be back to business as usual. Hence, I don't mind it being featured heavily in the schedule.

I think I'm going to flick to the commitments on tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭TheDavester

and we have Dee bleating on for more money for rte...ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well said, my man.

I turned on and off the radio several times today because every time it was a discussion about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

HPV vaccine for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

This segment is what Prime Time is for

M

What do other countries in the EU do that have less rates of cervical cancer than us...simply copy them, case closed.

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I think I'm going to flick to the commitments on tv3
    Steve Clifford: [in confessional] Used to, when I studied I would sing hymns, but now all I can sing is "When A Man Loves A Woman" by Marvin Gaye

Father Molloy: Percy Sledge.

Steve Clifford: What?

Father Molloy: It was Percy Sledge did that particular song. I have the album.

Steve Clifford: Oh...

:D

Advertisement