Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II - The world beneath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    The dwarves all whisper in unison.

"We're coming lass"

Hetyaro finds no traps of any kind, though there is a secret door a few feet up. Beyond that there are six unconcealed doors, two on the left, three on the right and finally a staircase.

"Ok so you guys try to get this secret door open, I'll keep watch and ... Hey, Devil face, what's your handle? You..uh...you do something too."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The voice speaks into Varkrash's mind, it almost causes him to go unconscious, such is the force of its will, but he manages to keep it together.

"I doubt you pose a threat little dragon. One of my Praetorians could eviscerate you in an instant and do not speak of an alliance. You may convince me that you are a valuable employee though.

I need a Bard, for their ability to speak to the world does not occur in our race. Magic in the form of study we have, Wizadry you would say. Inborn magic, though present, is weak in us, hence we wish to acquire more Sorcerers like the Tiefling.

Will you accept me as your superior?"

'Superior? Enslave me?'

Vrakrash darkens.

'Now that you are in my mind, you know of whom hunts me. He is a slaver, like you. I came here to stop you....'

He pauses.

'I do not fear you. I do not fear your guardians.'

He draws his axe.

'Let them come!'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Evade

Banjo wrote: »
    "Ok so you guys try to get this secret door open, I'll keep watch and ... Hey, Devil face, what's your handle? You..uh...you do something too."
    "I'll check these not secret doors... cueball"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Stopping there for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

He finds the kitchens soon enough. The cook is a full-blooded ork working on some brown cement like goop.

The kitchen itself is stark and bare, once a training room for fighters, it only houses a heated slab now for cooking.

"Oy, ManDad, waz u doin?" the cook asks wiping his nose.
    "Hey there fullblood, nice to meet ya. Call me Mags. Oh my, that smells fantastic, Khudzúl stew right? Did you add a little gornroot powder to that? You did, I know you did.
    My grandma, a fullblood like yourself, Snargarsh of the Burning Blade clan, would make the best Khudzúl stew. I was really saddened the day she was torn in two by a griffin. But she went as she wanted to, being a bitch and hunting meat."

Mags sits at a table and waffles on, relating the story of his ancestors (in Orcish) with the camp cook. After a while he dropped in a question about where the slave/captives were being held.
    And also asked for seconds of the stew.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OOC: Sorry mad busy today! :D
    Evade wrote: »
    "I'll check these not secret doors... cueball"
    Therai can see that the three on the right are off their hinges, while the two on the left are closed. One with a bolt across it.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I do not fear you. I do not fear your guardians.'

He draws his axe.

'Let them come!'
    The central chamber goes chillingly silent.

"Very well dragon"

Varkrash hears a massive stomping behind him. Whatever it is, it is several times his size.

"Aye lassie, sure a Dwarf knows the layout of a piece of stonework like the back of his hand."

They get to work quite rapidly and quickly find the triggering mechanism, a concealed lever.

"Want me ta pull it lass?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The central chamber goes chillingly silent.

"Very well dragon"

Varkrash hears a massive stomping behind him. Whatever it is, it is several times his size.

Vrakrash looks down at Columbo.

'Best if you try to escape friend, this could be dangerous. Unless you have any tricks up your sleeve...'

He turns and faces the stomping, quietly rubbing on his ring.

'I wish for armour to protect me against any attack from this foe, or others like him.'

She readys her dagger and focus.
    "No way. NOT!

That's a yes"

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote:
    'I wish for armour to protect me against any attack from this foe, or others like him.'
    The genie emerges.

"Are you sure? Rather than for me to whisk you away?"

She readys her dagger and focus.
    "No way. NOT!

That's a yes"
    "Alright, here we go!"

He pulls the lever, which causes a passage in the wall to open, leading into a cave tunnel, from which a low growl can be heard.

OOC: Sorry mad busy today! :D

Therai can see that the three on the right are off their hinges, while the two on the left are closed. One with a bolt across it.
    Therai carefully unbolts and opens the door and has a look inside.

Therai carefully unbolts and opens the door and has a look inside.
    Within is a room which must have at one point served as a reception room for nobles meeting to discuss economic affairs. Scales and ledgers of great anitquitiy line several ornate tables.

Most strangely, there is a set of stairs at the back of the room leading upward, from which Therai can see eight eyes lurking in the dark.

The genie emerges.

"Are you sure? Rather than for me to whisk you away?"

'Certain. I will fight - end these abominations!'

"Hey, Retula. I found some stairs... and eyes."

'Certain. I will fight - end these abominations!'
    The genie nods his head and ensconces Varkrash within a sphere of rock, leaving only two small holes for breathing.

A massive soldier ant rounds the corner and beats on the rock for several minutes, to no avail however. Confused and frustrated, it leaves.

The hive around Varkrash returns to its daily schedule.

The genie nods his head and ensconces Varkrash within a sphere of rock, leaving only two small holes for breathing.

A massive soldier ant rounds the corner and beats on the rock for several minutes, to no avail however. Confused and frustrated, it leaves.

The hive around Varkrash returns to its daily schedule.

OOC: Can I move?

OOC: Can I move?
    Varkrash tries moving his hands. He is capable of very slight movement.

Vrakrash sleeps.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Hey there fullblood, nice to meet ya. Call me Mags. Oh my, that smells fantastic, Khudzúl stew right? Did you add a little gornroot powder to that? You did, I know you did.
    "Got it my boy, though wiz a bi' a pepper to balance the flavour."
    My grandma, a fullblood like yourself, Snargarsh of the Burning Blade clan, would make the best Khudzúl stew. I was really saddened the day she was torn in two by a griffin. But she went as she wanted to, being a bitch and hunting meat."
    The cook laughs. "And dey sayz you half-bloods haz lost yer Ork sense"
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags sits at a table and waffles on, relating the story of his ancestors (in Orcish) with the camp cook. After a while he dropped in a question about where the slave/captives were being held.
    And also asked for seconds of the stew.
    "Oh theyz iz down in the ol' nobles quarters, out a' this room, follow the red wall paint, then you'll see a set o' stairs. Down there"

He is poured a second helping of stew.

"Alright, here we go!"

He pulls the lever, which causes a passage in the wall to open, leading into a cave tunnel, from which a low growl can be heard.

Devil eyes showing me anything? If not, send the bird in cautiously, while calling in "hey in there. We're getting out of here. Wanna come?"

A voice within replies.

"Yes, thank the lords of chaos"

An anubian, a minor desert elemental, emerges from the cave passage.

"I have been entombed for some time now, thank you"

NaPdFP.jpg

Therai turns to the eyes and asks "Are you a slave here too?" in Common. If there's no answer he'll ask again in Infernal, Primordial, Terran, Ignan, Aquan, and Avian to see if there's a response.

"Well, you're totally free to go. How the hell did they get you in there in the first place though?

I'm Retula. I'd shake your hand but you look like you'd tear my arm off and like, beat me into street pizza with it. I'm delicate.

But these here dwarves, they're gonna tear this place down. They could probably use your help? You in?"

She stands aside to let it leave .

Therai turns to the eyes and asks "Are you a slave here too?" in Common. If there's no answer he'll ask again in Infernal, Primordial, Terran, Ignan, Aquan, and Avian to see if there's a response.
    The response comes back in Infernal.

"I am the guardian of this passage, but I can smell another beast of the Nine Hells easy enough. I'll let you past without any quarrel, should you feed me a dwarf. Don't push me now, in time you will be stronger than me, but you are not yet fully in your power."

OOC: Pausing there

Therai backs out of the room and bolts the door shut again. He then finds the Dwarves and warns them "Don't open the bolted door, it's not safe for Dwarves."

Therai backs out of the room and bolts the door shut again. He then finds the Dwarves and warns them "Don't open the bolted door, it's not safe for Dwarves."

"What about cueballs, Therai, is it safe for us huh? Oh yeah, this is... Uh... What's your name? Anyway, he's an ex prisoner too, so play nice. Right - how many more doors? Shall we do them one at a time or all at once? "

"What about cueballs, Therai, is it safe for us huh? Oh yeah, this is... Uh... What's your name? Anyway, he's an ex prisoner too, so play nice. Right - how many more doors? Shall we do them one at a time or all at once? "
    "I dunno, you could go in and find out." Therai smiles. "The doors on that side look broken and I haven't tried that one" he gestures to the unlocked door on the left side of the corridor.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash awakes from his brief slumber. His anger has been building but he managed to control it a little.

'Genie, this was not what I requested. You have tricked me, as I expected you might do. My request - and you KNOW this - was for battle armour, not a tomb for me to die in.'

He slips the ring off his finger and places it on one of the breathing holes.

'But you fail to see your fatal error. You and your precious little home are now entombed in this rock... with a dragon.'

He smiles at the ring.

'Have you ever felt the heat of dragon fire? It can melt metals of all descriptions. So, the way I see it... you grant me the true request - no sidesteps, no loopholes, no encasing me to die down in this cesspit.... or I melt this ring and you with it. I do not care how your gig works, you see. I don't care about your literal interpretations. You will grant me battle armour, to withstand the blows from these creatures and free me from this rock, or you will burn.'

He peers out the breathing hole to see if he can take aim at the Hive.

'There will be no negotiations. No time for you talk your way out of this. If the next words out of your mouth are not - Yes, Master OR Wish Granted, well...'

Smoke begins to billow from his nostrils.

1c38bf73612fce9d95789a9daca43be7.jpg

Advertisement