Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II - The world beneath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The mechanisms on the lock release.

It opens to a room with a locked chest and a Devil's skull embedded into the wall. Aside from that, the room is completely bare.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash takes the gem back OOC: if possible approaches the skull cautiously. He pokes at one of the eyes with the butt of his axe.

The skull simply opens its mouth.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash tries poking the tip of his scimitar into the skull's mouth

Nothing happens.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash sighs and decides to examine the chest.

The chest is locked. The runes upon it indicating that the lock is magical.

Vrakrash approaches the skull again. He slices his finger with the tip of his axe, and allows the drops to flow into the devil's skull.

The skull becomes somewhat animated.

"More...I need more...not just blood, but flesh, at least a pound."

Fourier wrote: »
    The skull becomes somewhat animated.

"More...I need more...not just blood, but flesh, at least a pound."

Vrakrash looks at it oddly.

'Open the chest for me and I can help you, if not, I'll just take my leave and you can stay hungry.'

• Advertisement

"The key to the chest lies behind the ash door, you are of a race that can easily open it, lucky for you"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Fire then. Ok, I will return with some flesh for you, if I can.'

He leaves and makes for the ash door again, axe drawn in case the three skeletons wish to tango.

He arrives at the axe door safe and sound.

Vrakrash decides to lightly breathe fire on the door.

The mechanism releases. The room inside is bare save for a large circle inscribed with magical runes lying at its center. There are the odd draconic symbols among them reading:

"...found....elf.....hubris...."

Lying at the center of the circle is a key.

Vrakrash approaches the circle and tries to make out any other symbols or writing he may understand.

The circle glows a dark purple and the room fills with a toxic green gas....

Vrakrash tries to enter the circle

He easily steps in, finding the gas has no effect on him.

Vrakrash attempts to grab the key after checking the circle carefully.

• Advertisement

He picks up the key easily.

A script appears in Elvish in the air before disappearing.

He picks up the key easily.

A script appears in Elvish in the air before disappearing.

Vrakrash takes a gulp of air and runs from the circle and towards the door, holding his breath until he makes the door.

He makes it out, with no harm.

He makes his way back to the room with the devil skull and opens the chest.

Within the chest is a ruby ring. A drop of lava, still molten, is suspended within a magic field inside the ruby.

Within the chest is a ruby ring. A drop of lava, still molten, is suspended within a magic field inside the ruby.

Vrakrash puts on the ring.

He intuitively grasps the rings effect, probably part of the spell upon it.

OOC: You can walk on lava safely for up to a minute.

He waves at the skull.

'Sorry mate, found no flesh. You ain't getting mine - no sirreee.

Now, I've got some skeletons to kill.'

He leaves the room and draws his axe, making for the stairs and the waiting skeletons.

The three skeletons charge him.

OOC: Init

• Advertisement

The skeletons swing at Varkrash, with one being felled quickly, before another near slices his stomach open just as he flips backward at almost enough speed to pull his leg muscles. He pauses for a moment and focuses his mind, regaining his fighting composure, before shattering the two with a single stroke from both weapons.

Advertisement