Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II - The world beneath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Therai pulls a coin from his pocket and flips it "heads left, tails right." The coin lands. "Heads. Left it is" He shouts to the lead Dwarf, "Go left"
    The head dwarf shouts back.

"There's a room here with a massive blue flame, cold she is. Bunch of bones about the place. A lot o' blood as well."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks for any way they might be activated. He proceeds cautiously to the first one and looks to see if the sword can be taken from the skeletons hands.
    OOC: Check Dex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    The head dwarf shouts back.

"There's a room here with a massive blue flame, cold she is. Bunch of bones about the place. A lot o' blood as well."
    Therai enters the room and examines the fire.

Vrakrash looks for any way they might be activated. He proceeds cautiously to the first one and looks to see if the sword can be taken from the skeletons hands.
    Varkrash jumps backward as the skeleton swings at him.

The four come to life.

OOC: Init

Varkrash jumps backward as the skeleton swings at him.

The four come to life.

OOC: Init
    Varkrash swings at one of them, smashing it to pieces. However he recieves a sharp blow to the head immediately afterward, knocking him out.

He awakens next to the stairs in the room with the historical mosaics and the four exits. Columbo is beside him.

"Got you out of there just in time pal"

• Advertisement

Therai enters the room and examines the fire.
    The flame emits a powerful chilling cold. His sorcerer's blood can tell it is dense with magic, originating in the wild untamed magic he is familiar with, not the learned controlled form known by wizards.

Therai tries to extinguish the flame

OOC: Gust of wind cantrip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Varkrash swings at one of them, smashing it to pieces. However he recieves a sharp blow to the head immediately afterward, knocking him out.

He awakens next to the stairs in the room with the historical mosaics and the four exits. Columbo is beside him.

"Got you out of there just in time pal"

He shrugs.

'Stupid skeletons. Half a mind to go back and smash them up again.'

He considers heading East again, but decides instead to head North, checking for danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula catches up.

Therai tries to extinguish the flame

OOC: Gust of wind cantrip
    The flame is extinguished instantly. Within the tinder upon which it burned is a potion, pinkish in colour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The flame is extinguished instantly. Within the tinder upon which it burned is a potion, pinkish in colour.

OOC: If that's a health potion, mind blast it Vrakrash's way :P

He shrugs.

'Stupid skeletons. Half a mind to go back and smash them up again.'

He considers heading East again, but decides instead to head North, checking for danger.
    The North passage leads to another one running East-West.

The North passage leads to another one running East-West.

Vrakrash heads west this time, sick of East passages and the skeletons that might be further down them

OOC: :P

Therai grabs the potion. "I'll add this to my collection of mysterious potions" he says to no one in particular. "I should really find one of those book sorcerers."

Therai grabs the potion. "I'll add this to my collection of mysterious potions" he says to no one in particular. "I should really find one of those book sorcerers."
    The only way out of the room is South, from which can be seen another East-West passageway, covered heavily in blood.

Vrakrash heads west this time, sick of East passages and the skeletons that might be further down them

OOC: :P
    He is led to a small alcove with skeletons of folk in common clothing lying on top of one another.

Another passage goes South.

Coin flip again "Tails, we go right"

He is led to a small alcove with skeletons of folk in common clothing lying on top of one another.

Another passage goes South.

Vrakrash laughs to himself.

'More skeletons...'

He draws his axe and smashes them to pieces, before searching the clothing.

He remarks to Columbo.

'You're good at saving people, any good at healing them too? I feel a little weak. Can protect us better if you could.'

Coin flip again "Tails, we go right"
    They follow the corridor and encounter a massive slug like creature feasting on a young man.

It has not yet noticed them.

OOC: Is he alive?

• Advertisement

Vrakrash laughs to himself.

'More skeletons...'

He draws his axe and smashes them to pieces, before searching the clothing.

He remarks to Columbo.

'You're good at saving people, any good at healing them too? I feel a little weak. Can protect us better if you could.'
    Varkrash finds a gem made of unmelting ice, worth 1,400GP.

Columbo shakes his head. "I can't heal my friend"

OOC: Gem grants the following:
    You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.

OOC: Is he alive?
    Standing on his toes, Therai can see over the creature to the young man,he can be seen to be perspiring, a horrified look in his eyes as his leg is slowly eaten. His eyes seem to be the only part of him he can move.

OOC: Stopping there.

On seeing the fear in the man's eyes without any thought Therai lashes out a Witch Bolt at the slug creature.

On seeing the fear in the man's eyes without any thought Therai lashes out a Witch Bolt at the slug creature.
    OOC: Init, but you get the damage for free on this attack doubled.

I'll stay for the combat :D

Followed by an agonizing blast. Kapow!

Vrakrash decides this corridor would be a nice place to rest up for a while. He beds down for a sleep after rolling out his bedroll from his pack.

Banjo wrote: »
    Followed by an agonizing blast. Kapow!
    The two spells arc outward from their casters slamming into the creatures body, which slouches off some of its flesh, before detaching itself from the young man and firing a dart from a stalk that emerges from its head.

The dart hits the wall behind Retula, as Mags begins to sing a song of courage and valour, rousing Therai. The dwarves begin to slice into the creature, cutting at its back. Two more powerful bolts from Therai and Retula drop the creature.

The paralysis on the young man was held in place by the creature's magic, with it gone he suddenly springs back up.

The creature emits a terrible wail as it lies dying, then the whole party feels the maze shake.

"That was a young queen...thanks for your help, but I don't want to be around when its guardians get back, they left her thinking she was safe with me."

The shaking gets louder as the young man runs off, from the sound the beasts are in the pit room.

OOC: Stopping there.

OOC: Oops

"Featherplucker! You couldn't just let it have it's dinner in peace. We need to book! Like, now. And stuff!""

Ooc : which way did the victim go?
    If feasible without causing a delay while waiting to file out of the room, Retula will (carefully) grab the dart and - again assuming it's quick - chop the stalk off the larva.
    Then unless Therai or Mags have a plan I suggest we run like fun in the direction we were headed.

(Or we could split open the larva, climb inside, and pretend to be the baby queen...)

• Advertisement

OOC: I'm all for running away from the ****storm I may have caused.

Advertisement