Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II - The world beneath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash climbs onto the ant as requested.

He looks down at Columbo.

'The underdark... ever been friend?'
    Columbo flies upward, definitely magically and curls around Varkrash's neck.

"No, though I have heard much. I am nervous I must admit."

The ant pounds toward the pit and begins its descent downward.

OOC: Stopping there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula attempts to get some of that magic juice on her in hives while she's waiting for the raven to do his own thing. She also strains a little to see how easy it might be to slip her bonds and whether or not she can angle her hand-eye effectively

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

*Muffled shouts of joy*

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula attempts to get some of that magic juice on her in hives while she's waiting for the raven to do his own thing. She also strains a little to see how easy it might be to slip her bonds and whether or not she can angle her hand-eye effectively
    She manages to splash some of the juice on her hands, relieving the itching of the hives. She can't quite slip her bonds or angle her eye hand.

Hetyaro manages to peck Therai loose in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Therai undoes his gag and then tries to free the Dwarves.

Fourier wrote: »
    Columbo flies upward, definitely magically and curls around Varkrash's neck.

"No, though I have heard much. I am nervous I must admit."

The ant pounds toward the pit and begins its descent downward.
    The ant reaches an opening in the roof of a massive chasm.

I8lu6h.jpg

"Mother lies beyond the turn up ahead, I must check on the drones in a new tunnel, proceed as you wish. Keep quite though. There are many beasts down here besides us. Though we have a truce with them, they will not hesitate to feast on you."

The ant lowers its abdomen and Varkrash and Columbo slide off. It then crawls onto the wall and enters another tunnel.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai undoes his gag and then tries to free the Dwarves.
    The ant emits a screeching sound as Therai frees the first dwarf, rushing him.

OOC: Initiative.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The ant reaches an opening in the roof of a massive chasm.

"Mother lies beyond the turn up ahead, I must check on the drones in a new tunnel, proceed as you wish. Keep quite though. There are many beasts down here besides us. Though we have a truce with them, they will not hesitate to feast on you."

The ant lowers its abdomen and Varkrash and Columbo slide off. It then crawls onto the wall and enters another tunnel.

Vrakrash looks around at his new surroundings.

'Well, let's go and see this... mother. What you reckon Columbo?'

Vrakrash looks around at his new surroundings.

'Well, let's go and see this... mother. What you reckon Columbo?'
    Columbo looks nervous.

"Nice place...sure lead the way"

• Advertisement

As the Ant rushes the group, the freed dwarf swings his axe at him, clocking it in the jaw. It barely has time to steady itself when Therai electrocutes it. Enraged it snaps at him, but he easily pulls back.

Retula suddenly appears behind a second dwarf and sets him free, before her eyes go pure white and a stream of energy erupts from her hands, moving in a zigzag into the ant's head which then explodes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Columbo looks nervous.

"Nice place...sure lead the way"

Vrakrash heads in the direction the ant pointed out to him. He has a quick scout for traps.

'Columbo, you watch out for danger too, there's a good lad.'

Therai breathes a sigh of relief. "That was easy." He looks over toward Retula, "Too easy?" He then starts untying the Dwarves.

After a minute or two he asks Retula "Did that goo help?"

Evade wrote: »
    Therai breathes a sigh of relief. "That was easy." He looks over toward Retula, "Too easy?" He then starts untying the Dwarves.

After a minute or two he asks Retula "Did that goo help?"

"Like, we should be surprised we outsmarted an insect? As if! This goop made my hands less itchy, so i guess it's good for something. Wouldn't drink it though. It might be like their magic dookie bucket n stuff?"

She helps free more dwarves then tries applying goop to her remaining hives and - if modesty allows - a persistent itch she brought with her from the Shadowfell

"Good job featherface!"

"Like, we should be surprised we outsmarted an insect? As if!This goop made my hands less itchy, so i guess it's good for something. Wouldn't drink it though. It might be like their magic dookie bucket n stuff?"
    "Outsmart? No. But I thought the guard for all these slaves would be... tougher."

Once the last Dwarf is freed Therai goes over to the bucket, strips down to his braies, and slathers himself in the goo.

"see that's why I'm worried. There's only like this one guy and this goop, for all of us, so like they totally thought they wouldnt need real guards... So I'm thinking maybe the goop cleans away more than just hives?"

"I didn't think of that."

Therai feels the hives being soothed away. The goop then hardens against his skin.

OOC: Penalty removed. AC temporarily +1

"Is being crusty better or worse than being itchy?" Therai asks rhetorically.

Retula tried the door, if open or there's a suitable opening, Hetyaro to take a look-see

• Advertisement

Vrakrash heads in the direction the ant pointed out to him. He has a quick scout for traps.

'Columbo, you watch out for danger too, there's a good lad.'
    Varkrash arrives at the central chamber

'Mother' is a giant spherical mass suspended in the chamber.

QN5zYD.jpg

A colossal Praetorian ant, the queen's guard climbs over the rocks as he approached.

"Who sent you here?"

I508Oq.jpg

Retula tried the door, if open or there's a suitable opening, Hetyaro to take a look-see
    The Door opens easily. It opens up to a corridor that goes North.

With the raven on her shoulder (perception @ +7) she surveys the corridor for traps, secret doors, more ants, then if the ceiling is high enough sends the raven ahead to look for the nearest intersection is door.

"You guys coming or staying?"

Varkrash arrives at the central chamber

'Mother' is a giant spherical mass suspended in the chamber.

A colossal Praetorian ant, the queen's guard climbs over the rocks as he approached.

"Who sent you here?"

'One of the workers from upstairs. I wish to speak with... Mother. I am here to proposition her with an offer she won't refuse.'

With the raven on her shoulder (perception @ +7) she surveys the corridor for traps, secret doors, more ants, then if the ceiling is high enough sends the raven ahead to look for the nearest intersection is door.

"You guys coming or staying?"
    The dwarves all whisper in unison.

"We're coming lass"

Hetyaro finds no traps of any kind, though there is a secret door a few feet up. Beyond that there are six unconcealed doors, two on the left, three on the right and finally a staircase.

'One of the workers from upstairs. I wish to speak with... Mother. I am here to proposition her with an offer she won't refuse.'
    "Then speak, though prepare yourself"

The massive beast scuttles off, making frighteningly little sound for its size.

Therai puts his clothes back on and follows Retula and the Dwarves.

"Then speak, though prepare yourself"

The massive beast scuttles off, making frighteningly little sound for its size.

Vrakrash looks at the monstrous hive and begins to speak.

'I am told you are... Mother. I am Vrakrash. You can tell from my appearance of my kin.

I am one of the group of slavers who have arrived recently. We have some high quality specimens, I am told you have exceptional interest in the Bard in particular.

Aside from the coin for these, an alliance between our groups could be mutually beneficial. With an... army such as this, together we would be unstoppable.

Refuse, and well...'

He shrugs.

'We'll deal with that if it happens.'

Refuse, and well...'

He shrugs.

OOC: Charisma check

• Advertisement

Refuse, and well...'

He shrugs.

The voice speaks into Varkrash's mind, it almost causes him to go unconscious, such is the force of its will, but he manages to keep it together.

"I doubt you pose a threat little dragon. One of my Praetorians could eviscerate you in an instant and do not speak of an alliance. You may convince me that you are a valuable employee though.

I need a Bard, for their ability to speak to the world does not occur in our race. Magic in the form of study we have, Wizadry you would say. Inborn magic, though present, is weak in us, hence we wish to acquire more Sorcerers like the Tiefling.

Will you accept me as your superior?"

Advertisement