Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II - The world beneath

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    There is one obvious way out of the tunnel, upward into the nest. However an ancient looking drawing lies at the back of the tunnel, carved by the same civilization that made the complex above.

Vrakrash carefully makes his way to the drawing to examine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash carefully makes his way to the drawing to examine it.
    The symbology of the drawing is lost on Vrakrash, stylised eyes and a sun with an eagle. Though he sees a gem that looks as though it can be pressed into the wall.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    The symbology of the drawing is lost on Vrakrash, stylised eyes and a sun with an eagle. Though he sees a gem that looks as though it can be pressed into the wall.

He checks the gem closely for any danger and then presses it

Slaver Complex:
    Banjo wrote: »
    "Passageway! Boom!"
    Retula closes off Dusty's secret door from this side to make sneaking up behind them a little harder/noisier.

"Ok - ready. Lets go take that passageway less travelled."

Raven to go ahead as lookout.
    As Retula, Therai and Mags head up the stairs, they can see the passage he spoke of to their West. Hetyaro flies up the stairs in front of them.

He then returns to Retula.

"Many crawling things and men of arms above""

Underdark:
    He checks the gem closely for any danger and then presses it
    The door retracts and a stairway upward lies behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Slaver Complex:

As Retula, Therai and Mags head up the stairs, they can see the passage he spoke of to their West. Hetyaro flies up the stairs in front of them.

He then returns to Retula.

"Many crawling things and men of arms above""
    If he saw it I saw it (within 100 feet).if applicable Do I know what the crawling things are?

Fourier wrote:
    The door retracts and a stairway upward lies behind it.

Vrakrash checks the stairs and proceeds upwards

If he saw it I saw it (within 100 feet).if applicable Do I know what the crawling things are?
    Retula sees through Hetyaro's eyes that tens of soldier ants roam the area above.

"well dusty, if ever you were going to do some rending, now's the time. Bunch of ants up these stairs. They may might not have locked you up personally but they seem to be the muscle at least round these parts.

After you, dwarves"
    She waves her more meleetastic companions past

Dusty barrels ahead, enraged and Hetyaro flies forward with him. The dwarves begin a cautious ascent of the stairs.

However, Hetyaro returns in short order to inform Retula that Dusty has been eviscerated.

• Advertisement

"well the good news is that not learning Dusty's real name is already paying off because I'm moving through the stages of grief like totally quickly. But we're boned.

Mags, was there a really big sugar cube in that kitchen you went to?"

Old Meeting Place:
    Vrakrash checks the stairs and proceeds upwards
    Vrakrash arrives into a chamber, repleat with a mosaic recounting the origin myth of these people. It describes humans arriving on this continent after some sort of cataclysm, working magics to make homes in the ocean, before settling down here.

Four passageways lead out, North, South, East and West.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

"Boned!?" Therai says in a confused way. "Is that good or bad? With you I can't tell."

Slaver Complex:
    "well the good news is that not learning Dusty's real name is already paying off because I'm moving through the stages of grief like totally quickly. But we're boned.

Mags, was there a really big sugar cube in that kitchen you went to?"
    the leading dwarf pipes up.

"What about taking the passageway to the West?"

Groans and screams are heard from the passageway at that moment.

"Well it's better than the giant ants...probably?"

Ooc : I thought the passage way was up the stairs? Is that not where we were headed? Dusty, you tool!

"Why are you asking me? Like, we're following drummer boy."

But yeah, sometimes it's better the evisceration you don't know.west it is

Fourier wrote:
    Four passageways lead out, North, South, East and West.

OOC: Presumably the South seperate to the stairs?

Vrakrash looks to Columbo.

'Any preference? East first.'

He proceeds East cautiously, checking for traps.

Old Meeting Place:
    OOC: Presumably the South seperate to the stairs?

Vrakrash looks to Columbo.

'Any preference? East first.'

He proceeds East cautiously, checking for traps.
    OOC: Sorry, good point, the stairs emerge in the center of the room.

Varkrash encounters a door with a sentence on it that shifts to Common as he approaches.

"Larger though colder, a worthless crystal"

The door has a slot in its center. At the door there is a perpendicular passageway, running North-South. Sothward there are a set of stairs.

Old Meeting Place:

OOC: Sorry, good point, the stairs emerge in the center of the room.

Varkrash encounters a door with a sentence on it that shifts to Common as he approaches.

"Larger though colder, a worthless crystal"

The door has a slot in its center. At the door there is a perpendicular passageway, running North-South. Sothward there are a set of stairs.

Vrakrash backtracks to the original room for a few moments and heads back down the stairs to the tunnel. He attempts to prise the gem from the button.

'This might work, it might not, either way, I wanna see what's behind the door.' - he murmurs to Columbo.

The gem comes free.

Columbo looks surprised.

"I really thought that would summon a tomb guardian or something"

Therai follows the others going west.

• Advertisement

The gem comes free.

Columbo looks surprised.

"I really thought that would summon a tomb guardian or something"

Vrakrash smirks.

'Yeah, thought crossed my mind, but no harm done yet.'

He proceeds back up the stairs, checking again for danger, and East again doing the same.

He approaches the door spotted before and attempts to slot the gem into it, carefully.

'I may be foolhardy and reckless, Columbo - but careful with gems is old Vrakrash!'

Evade wrote: »
    Therai follows the others going west.
    The passage way is lined with dead bodies. Some torn in half. It curves gently as the group walks down it. It ends in a room with a pit taking up most of the floor, at the bottom lies several impaled slaves. They enter the room through the North, another exit lies to the East.

'I may be foolhardy and reckless, Columbo - but careful with gems is old Vrakrash!'
    Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Vrakrash sighs and takes the gem, slipping it into his pack.

'More gems are never a bad thing.'

He takes the passage nearby, heading South and checking for danger. He stops at the top of the stairs to see what he can see. If nothing, he checks the stairs and heads down.

The passage way is lined with dead bodies. Some torn in half. It curves gently as the group walks down it. It ends in a room with a pit taking up most of the floor, at the bottom lies several impaled slaves. They enter the room through the North, another exit lies to the East.
    "It seems there's sharp mandibles whichever way we go"

Therai turns to the Dwarves, "Skirt along the side and head through the passage to the left, I'll be right behind you"

The dwarves makes it across safely. Too eager for danger to protest about going first.

"Another passageway lads, to me left and right it runs."

Vrakrash sighs and takes the gem, slipping it into his pack.

'More gems are never a bad thing.'

He takes the passage nearby, heading South and checking for danger. He stops at the top of the stairs to see what he can see. If nothing, he checks the stairs and heads down.
    He can clearly see four skeleton guardians with sharp looking swords in their hands, unaffected by rust. The guardians are currently inactive.

Retula checks any bodies that looks like it might have anything on it, looks into the pit and if anyone looks still alive asks if anyone needs putting out of their misery

He can clearly see four skeleton guardians with sharp looking swords in their hands, unaffected by rust. The guardians are currently inactive.

Vrakrash looks for any way they might be activated. He proceeds cautiously to the first one and looks to see if the sword can be taken from the skeletons hands.

• Advertisement

The dwarves makes it across safely. Too eager for danger to protest about going first.

"Another passageway lads, to me left and right it runs."
    Therai pulls a coin from his pocket and flips it "heads left, tails right." The coin lands. "Heads. Left it is" He shouts to the lead Dwarf, "Go left"

Advertisement