Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Avicii (Mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

To die what is meant to be at the prime of your life at age 28 is heartbreaking. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Not a fan of electronic music but I’d say those of you who are pretending to not know who he was were positively creaming yourselves over this from a while back

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1A6__HssHW8

Early 40’s here and am so not with it that I make Grandpa Simpson look clued in but I’d at least heard of the lad.

I really liked his music. It made me want to drive with the windows down and the radio blaring.
    Rest in peace Avicii.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

I like electronic music and I honestly hadn't heard of this guy until today, but his style work ain't my scene, but someone dying at 28 ain't my scene either. R.I.P.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ahhhhh sh't....

First Big Tom. Now this.

A young man with a positive message for his peers in an age of miserable bastards. It's very sad. One day we will leave this world, so live a life that will be remembered. Family. Your kids. Your friends. Do not be afraid. Believe in yourself. Smile. Persevere. Light a fire they can't put out.

What a buachaill. Sad to hear he is gone and I hope he is finally at peace. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Genuinely shocked at this. Another star gone way too young.

I also see David Carey has passed away. He was a psychologist who did a parenting slot on Moncrieff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I really liked his music. It made me want to drive with the windows down and the radio blaring.
    Rest in peace Avicii.

Yep, his music was quite catchy.
    Very sad news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mushy wrote: »
    His music was ****, but Christ that's young!

Leave the message on the Headstone to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Anyone dying at that age is a tragedy. He was successful in his field, and living how he pleased. What we all aim for in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not my type of music but even so, I knew some of his stuff. Incredible that he had achieved so much at such a young age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Hard not to get a bit emotional watching the Nights vid

Didn’t realize he had so many quality tunes!

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Far, far too young. I never heard of him until I saw this, a version which he apparently liked:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I also see David Carey has passed away. He was a psychologist who did a parenting slot on Moncrieff.

Was he the guy with the American accent ? oh no... I loved listening to him.
    (maybe not American, just odd to my French ears ???)

RIP young Avicii, not my scene but all the youngsters I frequent were very fond of his music, and to me it does bring up images of warm summer days and the radio on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-The next arsehole post gets treated like one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Crikey, only 28. Still a youngster. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Rip scary that he was the born the same year as myself makes you think how short life is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

A read through his Wikipedia is frightening! Did he ever sleep?! Some amount of work and achievements for someone so young.

Was he the guy with the American accent ? oh no... I loved listening to him.
    (maybe not American, just odd to my French ears ???)

RIP young Avicii, not my scene but all the youngsters I frequent were very fond of his music, and to me it does bring up images of warm summer days and the radio on.

That's right. He was indeed American, Connecticut I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm shocked. RIP. Loved 'Levels'. His Eurovision 2013 opening ceremony music was great too (collaboration with one of the guys from ABBA.) 😢

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Not really a fan of his but Hey Brother and You Make Me are decent pop songs, I remember summer 2013 when Wake Me Up seemed to be playing everywhere I went.

Wouldn't be into electronic music, but you can't deny he had a talent for composing, the long list of hits he was behind is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

who?

what?

Original. Living up to the name.

Id be shocked if you didn't recognise his music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Hard not to get a bit emotional watching the Nights vid

Didn’t realize he had so many quality tunes!

Listening to some of his lyrics, I wonder if he knew he did not long left.

As for people that say they have never heard of him. "Wake me up" in Irish on the Late Late Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’m old enough to be his mother but I have to say I got a terrible shock when that news came over the news tonight at 7pm in the car in my way home from work.

My first thoughts were, he must be only a young fella.

28 that’s so sad.

Some of the behavior here is from people clearly not aware of life or their surroundings or living in a bubble. .

people seriously don’t know who he is?

The most played song over the past few years, on radio, tv, ads, everywhere?

Then the other bit about people disrespecting his work.

Have you ever when someone dies go “ah well he was crap at his job.”
    Coukdnt have been that crap to be that successful.

Pack of begrudgers.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Dale winton passed away the other day at 62 thinking that was young but 28 still had all the best years ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sad to hear.anyone who ever turned on a radio would know his songs.and they were the kind of music you would listen to no matter what you were at or what mood you were in.easy listening.rip to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I've heard his songs but had to Google image him there...he has to be the most Scandinavian looking bloke I've ever seen

Anyways RIP...way too young

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Saw it online earlier and thought it was a joke, such a young man. RIP, far too young and talented to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Very sad to hear this. Wouldn’t be my favourite type of music but he was obviously great at what he did. And too young! I like the song “Levels”...it’s the first song on my running playlist on my iPod for years.

Also weird seeing photos of him all over social media as he’s the spit image of my youngest brother..

Advertisement