Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Scarlets - Preview Sat 3:30 Sky Sports Action

• 20-04-2018 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

(all borrowed from Planet Rugby)

The teams:

Leinster: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Fergus McFadden, 13 Garry Ringrose, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Isa Nacewa, 10 Johnny Sexton (c), 9 Jamison Gibson-Park, 8 Jordi Murphy, 7 Dan Leavy, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 James Ryan, 4 Devin Toner, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 SeCronin, 1 Cian Healy
    Replacements: 16 James Tracy, 17 Jack McGrath, 18 Andrew Porter, 19 Ross Molony, 20 Jack Conan, 21 Nick McCarthy, 22 Joey Carbery, 23 Jordan Larmour

Scarlets: 15 Rhys Patchell, 14 Leigh Halfpenny, 13 Scott Williams, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Steff Evans, 10 Dan Jones, 9 Gareth Davies, 8 John Barclay, 7 James Davies, 6 Aaron Shingler, 5 David Bulbring, 4 Tadhg Beirne, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Ken Owens (c), 1 Rob Evans
    Replacements: 16 Ryan Elias, 17 Dylan Evans, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Lewis Rawlins, 20 Steve Cummins, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Steff Hughes, 23 Will Boyde

Date: Saturday, April 21
    Venue: Aviva Stadium
    Kick-off: 15:30 BST (14:30 GMT)
    Referee: Romain Poite (France)
    Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Alexandre Ruiz (France)
    Television match official: Philippe Bonhoure (France)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster by 40

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leinster by 41

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Leinster by 4.1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

SeCronin to score SeVen tries in the SeCond half.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Leinster out from -10 to -11 since the team was announced.

• Advertisement

Absolutely delighted that Robbie Henshaw get's to take further part in this amazing season for Irish rugby.

Leinster by 15+

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster by 4.1

Leinster by 1 would do me fine (but not my heart).

stephen_n wrote: »
    Leinster by 1 would do me fine (but not my heart).
    Especially if that 1 were to come from a touchline conversion in the last minute of the game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Leinster by 11 and some fcuker in Paddypower to get a promotion.

Franno predicting a Scarlets win, we’ve got this sorted so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Leinster out from -10 to -11 since the team was announced.

You mean in..they are now heavier favourites

Quint2010 wrote: »
    You mean in..they are now heavier favourites
    It's in if we're talking odds. The score handicap is out. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It's in if we're talking odds. The score handicap is out. :p

Leinster are in from -10 to -11.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Leinster are in from -10 to -11.
    Nah, the odds are in, the handicap is out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Sosphan's really need their back row to turn up if they've a hope of winning. They are good enough elsewhere around the park to win, plus they have a knack of beating better Leinster teams than that of tomorrow. I can't see them winning tomorrow but it will be a lot closer than you think, well I think it will.

The Scarlets back row is probably slightly better than ours, it’s going to be a key battle that’s for sure. One thing I noticed from the stats earlier though was how much turnover ball Scarlets conceded, should be something we target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

stephen_n wrote: »
    The Scarlets back row is probably slightly better than ours, it’s going to be a key battle that’s for sure. One thing I noticed from the stats earlier though was how much turnover ball Scarlets conceded, should be something we target.

Weather shaping up for great day of rugby.
    Breakdown should be a fascinating battle. Poite likes a scrap. & I think there is a bit of needle between these sides.
    Also expecting a bit of fireworks between Captain Sexton and Gareth Davies. Always seems to be a few words and a push a shove between them.

Weather shaping up for great day of rugby.
    Breakdown should be a fascinating battle. Poite likes a scrap. & I think there is a bit of needle between these sides.
    Also expecting a bit of fireworks between Captain Sexton and Gareth Davies. Always seems to be a few words and a push a shove between them.

Even as a munster fan, I find myself these last few years looking forward to seeing Johnny in a blue jersey bringing his verbal edginess to the game...makes for great viewing.
    It just seems to be the nature of the guy not to accept anything sub-standard from his fellow players or refs especially.

The Roy Keane of modern day rugby.
    Looking forward to 3.30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

kuang1 wrote:

You take that back, I like Sexton!

Anyway, what an absolutely cracking day for it. Been up since 8am and the nerves have been steadily building since. I'm going to be a wreck by 3.30.

I think it'll be Leinster, but not by anything approaching double figures.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Even as a munster fan, I find myself these last few years looking forward to seeing Johnny in a blue jersey bringing his verbal edginess to the game...makes for great viewing.
    It just seems to be the nature of the guy not to accept anything sub-standard from his fellow players or refs especially.

Looking forward to 3.30 now.

Definitely a similar mindset and drive for perfection, something I admire about both. Though Johhny chooses his words better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

These lads caught ye out before in a semi final and then did the same to Munster

Tis going to be tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

PTH2009 wrote: »
    These lads caught ye out before in a semi final and then did the same to Munster

Tis going to be tough

Being caught out last year makes it happening this year less likely. In theory anyway.

This is a stronger Leinster team: we had Tracy, Molony, Triggs and Adam Byrne starting that day and Sexton was not fit. It's a weaker Scarlets team too, in the backs anyway.

No excuses and no cute hoorism today. We should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

PTH2009 wrote: »

Tis going to be tough

It's going to be very tough. As well as talent I think this Scarlets team has a bit of mettle about them, they've learned how to win. If the Leinster pack play as well as they did against Saracens I think we'll be ok.

Roy Keane is an embarrassment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Roy Keane is an embarrassment ...

Was an unbelievable player though and drove his team to greater heights and expected more from everybody. Which is probably where the similarities with Jonny ends. Sexton seems like a nicer character by and large

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Can't see this going badly at all!

I've spent the past few days watching Scarletts highlight for some reason. The semi-final and final of the Pro14 is grim watching. I've made myself nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Is there a slight concern about our back row with Fardy at 6? I know he's an awesome player, but he hasn't played much at 6 for us, or recently. Just a bit concerned that the Scarlets have such a strong back row and are fantastic at turnovers, and Poite allows a good contest. And Scarlets move the ball wide so well. And Leavy, as good as he has been, lacks the out and out pace someone like VdF has...

Sorry, nerves getting to me. If JGP goes ok I think we will won, despite the above nonsense stream of consciousness. Should have the edge at 10 and in the front 5. And the backline overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

I think we will be ready for them this time. We are battle hardend and our defence has been very good in the big games. No way are they beating us today on our home patch. Our bench is much stronger too. We also have more experience at this level.

• Advertisement

I agree.

This will be Leinster's day and might even be a Scarlett's vanquishing that we witness.

Advertisement