Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

player unknown's battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It's running very well on your rig. I use a 1440p 144hz with a GTX 1070 and it doesn't run that well even on medium settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

It's running very well on your rig. I use a 1440p 144hz with a GTX 1070 and it doesn't run that well even on medium settings.

Something going on there, because i run it at 1440p Ultra settings no problems.
    Though that is at 60hz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am running it on an i7 4770k, 16gb DDR 2400Mhz and an ASUS 1080Ti on a 144hz monitor. All the settings are on Ultra with Motion Blur and V-Sync off. The resolution is set to 120% though which is putting extra strain on the card. I might drop that back to 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you're playing on ultra, you're an ng it wrong.

Low and ultra low are the best on most settings purely just for spotting players.

Falthyron wrote: »
    I am running it on an i7 4770k, 16gb DDR 2400Mhz and an ASUS 1080Ti on a 144hz monitor. All the settings are on Ultra with Motion Blur and V-Sync off. The resolution is set to 120% though which is putting extra strain on the card. I might drop that back to 100%.

Probably my i5 bottlenecking. It runs fine but just doesn't look as smooth as the footage you've posted. Maybe it's just my old eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Probably my i5 bottlenecking. It runs fine but just doesn't look as smooth as the footage you've posted. Maybe it's just my old eyes.

Mine does dip below 60fps at times (you can see that in the video). The game has its issues which will hopefully be addressed in subsequent patches. There is an area to the northeast, quite built up, and when I look in a certain direction its a slideshow. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. An i5 is a strong processor and I reckon you don't have issues with other games. Its just PUBG. Crates over optimisation! :pac:

Floaters.

426146.jpg

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you're playing on ultra, you're an ng it wrong.

Low and ultra low are the best on most settings purely just for spotting players.

Low textures help with spotting items on the ground, but you should leave anti-aliasing on to smooth out edges.

Guy above was commenting on performance for graphics, not competitive play though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Something going on there, because i run it at 1440p Ultra settings no problems.
    Though that is at 60hz

I have a i7 6700k and a gtx1070 and I have to play it on very low/low/medium to get ~100fps.

Nobody to my rear, squadmates to my right, blue on my left shoulder.

I just tore through them, going rock to rock, tree to tree.

You could cut diamonds with my nipples right now.

Assaulted a pair holed up on a top floor. Never played that aggressively before. Me likey!

427778.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

88 hit points and 7 kills? They went down quickly!

Love it when it falls nice at the end.

RossieMan wrote: »
    88 hit points and 7 kills? They went down quickly!

Love it when it falls nice at the end.

I got through 3 people before the blue started getting small.

After that, i came across 3 guys behind a single tree while they focused on my two surviving teammates.
    Maneuvered into position and hosed them down with my UMP.

Final dude was **** out of luck, the circle had him running into open ground with zero cover, no chance. He dived for the grass and again, I hose the general area and huzzah.

It's such a simple concept, such a simple game, but **** me, nothing has come close in enjoyment terms in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm finding playing aggressively can be extremely rewarding especially if you're carrying silenced weapons.
    I now run towards shooting knowing if I get there fast enough I'm bound to catch a guy or two hammering at each other and taking them both out..loot galore :D

SO ERECT !!!

Final circle is so goddam tiny!
    Best tactic i've found is to just hug the blue in the last few circles.

427968.jpg

True story

429888.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MARKone84

Hi all, to all the guys out there starting out on PUBG, I have started a Discord server called BeginnerDinnerPUBG for anyone who would like to join in to squads, chat about the game and generally just really to learn together as a unit with no pressure of skill levels as there is a learning curve there. Looking for 16 to join up with me for some PUBG fun!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bullet drop isnt in the game properly yet, the VSS is the main one that has a sort of bullet drop.

Every gun in the game has bullet drop, so not sure what you are talking about. All bullets drop differently, and the caliber is not the only variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Every gun in the game has bullet drop, so not sure what you are talking about. All bullets drop differently, and the caliber is not the only variable.

Bullet Drop in a video game.

"Bullet drop isnt in the game properly yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Kill compilation video I threw together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

new desert map is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

froog wrote: »
    new desert map is awesome.
    It's a whole new game really. Maybe it'll come in time but I'm not very good at this map and it all seems so wide open.

Loving the kill-cam, vaulting but mostly the fact that I get 75fps on the 'old' map and over 100fps on the test server with a GTX1070. True things may change when it gets moved to main server but I never saw this improvement with the original map on the tests server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Ponster wrote: »
    It's a whole new game really. Maybe it'll come in time but I'm not very good at this map and it all seems so wide open.

Loving the kill-cam, vaulting but mostly the fact that I get 75fps on the 'old' map and over 100fps on the test server with a GTX1070. True things may change when it gets moved to main server but I never saw this improvement with the original map on the tests server.
    It seems wide open but the terrain offers a tonne of cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Ponster wrote: »

exactly that, whole new game. every encounter feels like a wild west shootout. car chases feel like mad max. map is absolutely huge, or feels that way anyway. enjoying vaulting more than i thought i would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dubhghlas95

Hey lads and ladies,

Just gonna drop this in here: https://discord.gg/eCK2k2

We use this to find squads for PUBG, Rocketleague and Destiny.
    It's good craic when everyone plays as part of a team.

Everyone's welcome!

Hey lads and ladies,

Just gonna drop this in here: https://discord.gg/eCK2k2

We use this to find squads for PUBG, Rocketleague and Destiny.
    It's good craic when everyone plays as part of a team.

Everyone's welcome!

Hi,

COuld you repost with a fresh link, that one has expired.

CC.

Have to say I'm really enjoying this new map.

I get a feeling that the loot is denser than on the other island, which I prefer (more fighting, less gathering)

I made a point recently, me and my squad, to keep dropping in high-population areas (Pecado, School, etc)

My game is really improving thanks to that.

Also, the new replay mode is great. Really helps to see where you went wrong.

Every Goddamn Time

439689.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have not regularly played an online shooter for a long time. But PUBG is so much fun. It's both the best game and the worst game in different ways. Top tens lead to your heart pounding out of your chest and a huge rush of adrenaline.

It feels like the game matches better players with each other. I've always done well after stats got reset then it gets progressively harder to win as your percentages goes up (top 5%).

Please put me back in with the noobies :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Tequila Sunrise event has been a lot of fun for me. Have only managed to come 2nd but I think that's pretty good with random squads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just played it for the first time there and to be honest, is that really what people have been going mad about? I can see squads being fun, but I literally saw 2 people in over an hour and a half. I got into the top 20 once, but never felt remotely engaged.

Advertisement