Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

player unknown's battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I really want this game to have a killcam. Nothing quite like having your head popped off and never knowing where it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Was having the best game of my life. 7 kills and mounting. SKS and AK, both with silencers, x4 scope and red-dot sight. Great position with only 5 men left. Game freezes; "lost connection to server". Really makes me want to just ditch it entirely. I was doing so well, really had a good chance of winning it.

EDIT: Servers are screwed I guess. Just killed someone running constantly into a wall, I got kicked a few seconds later too. Considering it's the kind of game where you lose everything the second you disconnect having bad servers really is just criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Zillah wrote: »
    I really want this game to have a killcam. Nothing quite like having your head popped off and never knowing where it came from.

So that one can give away that persons position to their squad mates .... No thanks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

weisses wrote: »
    So that one can give away that persons position to their squad mates .... No thanks

Presume he means solo mode,.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Big update landing tomorrow - lots of changes, new weapons/vehicles, gun mechanics and performance enhancements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Big update landing tomorrow - lots of changes, new weapons/vehicles, gun mechanics and performance enhancements

Great,

I only ever have around 50ms ping to Europaen servers, but only in PUBS does it feel like i'm back in 200ms hell.

Every action (doors especially) feels like there is a delay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The first of the monthly patches has been released. I'm getting about an extra 20fps (i5 3570k + 1070 GTX).
    NOTES
    Some nice changes. The counter stops when reviving someone and you can sprint-crouch, just 2 that I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Things I've noticed: you can now see your squadmates markers which makes coordinating so much easier. Either I've been very unlucky or shotguns are rubbish now so AR + SMG seems to be the new ideal setup (AR for long range and SMG on full auto replaces the shotgun for CQB). I'm no longer getting massive framerate drops in certain towns like Polyanna and friends of mine with lower spec machines are also seeing a big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Things I've noticed: you can now see your squadmates markers which makes coordinating so much easier. Either I've been very unlucky or shotguns are rubbish now so AR + SMG seems to be the new ideal setup (AR for long range and SMG on full auto replaces the shotgun for CQB). I'm no longer getting massive framerate drops in certain towns like Polyanna and friends of mine with lower spec machines are also seeing a big improvement

UZI for CQB for me. Shreds people.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Loving this game, only getting between 12 and 30 FPS though :D It's great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Get crappy FPS when jumping from the plane, 70 + on Ultra when I hit the ground.

Terrible looking game in its present state.

Fun tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Get crappy FPS when jumping from the plane, 70 + on Ultra when I hit the ground.

Terrible looking game in its present state.

Fun tho.

I hope it continues in the same vein as Rust, i.e: weekly developer updates and a longstanding commitment to the game.

Present Rust is vastly different to early access Rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

that is pure gold

How god damn satisfying is this :D

18055662_1396939760345473_3755968286570765344_o.jpg?oh=cdd82cb348030f346955f1b337c84cb6&oe=597FBF5D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

It would be more satisfying if they'd fix the sounds in the game. Nothing more annoying than getting shot from the left but hearing them come from the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Which way was your camera facing? Sound direction is linked with the camera, not the player model.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Korvanica wrote: »
    Which way was your camera facing? Sound direction is linked with the camera, not the player model.

It doesn't happen all the time but happened earlier when I was in the top 10 and got shot from the right while I was facing forward looking for the shots. Just put 6 shots into a guys chest a few minutes ago from behind cover at close range while he was out in the open. Not one seemed to hit and I died. I dunno.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

It would be more satisfying if they'd fix the sounds in the game. Nothing more annoying than getting shot from the left but hearing them come from the right.

It was meant to be fixed iirc. Have a crap speaker set up myself, so I cant verify but the many people I play with noted a big improvement in sound direction a few days back.

Find sound detection in this game is very good, mostly play in 1st person tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

My wife has known me for over 15 years and has lived through all the noise I've made playing BF:1942 with TiG or DayZ with Boards but last night she came running to my room when she herd the yelp I gave out when this happened...

OMjX41J.jpg

Been a while since a game has been so intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i was in the same boat as you last night ponster,
    my girlfriend has listened to me playing games and laughing and getting annoyed at games over the years,
    but last night was the first time she woke up and threatened to have me register with the simon community if I ever react to a win like that again :D

f060xPa.jpg

Ponster wrote: »
    My wife has known me for over 15 years and has lived through all the noise I've made playing BF:1942 with TiG or DayZ with Boards but last night she came running to my room when she herd the yelp I gave out when this happened...

OMjX41J.jpg

Been a while since a game has been so intense.

Finished with the double barrel shot gun no less! With a single shell left in the chamber!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Finished with the double barrel shot gun no less! With a single shell left in the chamber!

And 0 kills!!

And 0 kills!!

Ha didn't see that. He actually has 8 shells. That looked like a 0 on mobile

A zero kill run is incredibly difficult to do in fairness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just got a voucher from greenmangaming for this game so it cost me $24
    don't know if it is a one use code but here it is

15MDW0-MP78E6-VSFP4R

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just picked this up and enjoying it so far..need to figure out the controls especially inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Tab or I.

Alt for looking around is great.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    just picked this up and enjoying it so far..need to figure out the controls especially inventory.

Only pick up what you will use.

2 main weapons, dont bother with a hand gun.
    1st aid, med kits, energy drink, painkillers.
    Ammo, scopes and other weapon items that you will use.

Dont use 2 of the same ammo type so dont get 2 5.56 rifles.

Advertisement