Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

player unknown's battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why not 2 of the same ammo? I do it all the time, find it great when in a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RossieMan wrote: »

Probably just because it's easier to find ammo if you're looking for two different types.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Blazer wrote: »
    just picked this up and enjoying it so far..need to figure out the controls especially inventory.
    Press ALT when in the vicinity of loot to see what is around you and right-click/ drag to your inventory. This is a lot faster than picking things up individually as it cuts out the 'picking up' animation.

Right clicking doesn't skip the animation

It does when in alt. Much faster.

• Advertisement

It does when in alt. Much faster.

Interesting. So you press tab and then hold alt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ponster wrote: »
    Press ALT when in the vicinity of loot to see what is around you and right-click/ drag to your inventory. This is a lot faster than picking things up individually as it cuts out the 'picking up' animation.

tab is the default. Loving this game. Have a few duos and a squad win so far, and a few 2's and 3rd places

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you have 2 5:56 rifles shooting takes away possible ammo for both. Same with SKS/AKM for 7.62

I prefer Pump action and AKM/ScarL or SCAR with Red Dot and AKM with 4x.

meh i dont see it like that, in a squad having too only worry about having 1 ammo is easier.

Silencers are just so over powered at present, even on an SMG. its always the gun to use if its got a silencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I find it's better to have an ak with an agog for distance but with the option for full auto and for short distances a H&k or a vector depends on the situation really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Short distance I've found myself going for the UMP everytime. Silencer, grip and an extended mag and I think its hard to live with at close range.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Short distance I've found myself going for the UMP everytime. Silencer, grip and an extended mag and I think its hard to live with at close range.

VECTOR FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

I've gotten sh1tter over last 3 days.

One of those moments..... today

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146229390

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Has the sound improved?

i.e: The bullet sound direction that doesn't (didn't ??) correspond with the direction of the actual shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Has the sound improved?

i.e: The bullet sound direction that doesn't (didn't ??) correspond with the direction of the actual shooter.

Never experienced this. Are people confusing the crack of the passing bullet with the actual gunshot, or is there really a bug?

Never experienced this. Are people confusing the crack of the passing bullet with the actual gunshot, or is there really a bug?

Forums are full of people unable to distinguish the direction of the shot.

PCgamer did an article recently and the same was mentioned by their reviewer

It's almost impossible to get it right. When in a squad we've often thought completely different directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thew problem is the 3rd person camera, its now known which direction it is centred on it.

Works fine in FPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

One of those moments..... today

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146229390

:D

They should sign you up to do the next 007 film! :pac:

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    They should sign you up to do the next 007 film! :pac:

00Flat

:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The 2nd monthly patch is due out tomorrow : http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1271550628459839077

Major points are bug fixes & improved client performance

Ponster wrote: »
    The 2nd monthly patch is due out tomorrow : http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1271550628459839077

Major points are bug fixes & improved client performance

Patch notes look good.

The biggest issue for me still is the direction of bullet sounds (cheers to the dude who pointed out that its a 3rd person view issue) and the slight lag i have on item pickup.

More weapons are very welcome though!

I saw a twitch stream where they did a custom game with 8-man teams.
    Slow to get going, but the firefights were something else!
    Would love some larger team options in the public lobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Really love this game. I'm useless at it but managed to finish 2nd yesterday and had a funny game of hide and seek behind a tree with the other played before he killed me. I wish there were a few more modes though...
    They should have factions in this game...Have 3 teams
    • Locals (already on the Island)
    • Airborne Team 1
    • Naval Team 2
    Maybe have 100 on the Island protecting various flags, and then 50 paratroopers dropping in and 50 naval troops coming in my boat attacking the island :D A flags are captured the island playspace gets smaller for the locals to defend.

Really love this game. I'm useless at it but managed to finish 2nd yesterday and had a funny game of hide and seek behind a tree with the other played before he killed me. I wish there were a few more modes though...
    They should have factions in this game...Have 3 teams
    • Locals (already on the Island)
    • Airborne Team 1
    • Naval Team 2
    Maybe have 100 on the Island protecting various flags, and then 50 paratroopers dropping in and 50 naval troops coming in my boat attacking the island :D A flags are captured the island playspace gets smaller for the locals to defend.

That's battlefield. This game is about survival

Yeah not sure you've got the game at all to be honest. Different game modes with weapons, yes. Not flags and **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

im sure you'll be able to do custom games like that in future,or there'll be Mods,but tbh,most people i know play it because its the game it is now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

No matter what the game is, people will always want another game. Its the same in every game.

(I am looking forward to trying out the zombie modes they have in customs on the test server though :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Patch notes look good.

The biggest issue for me still is the direction of bullet sounds (cheers to the dude who pointed out that its a 3rd person view issue)
    It's based on which way your camera is pointing (because your characters head follows the camera). I think it would be worse if it was based on your characters torso position.

Works fine for me, similar to Arma; you try to ignore the sonic crack and listen for the bang. If a distant enemy shoots and his bullet flies close enough to you then you will hear a loud sonic crack mostly in one ear as it passes you and a second or two later the bang noise from his gun will reach your ears. That second noise is the one to take the direction from and if the enemy is far away it will sound a lot lower than the sonic crack, more like a thud than a bang.

If you didn't have that in a game like this with big open spaces then you wouldnt know if a distant shot was flying at you or another person..untill it was too late.

Now imagine how panicked you'd be in real life if you were hearing those cracks, I doubt any of us would have the where-with-all to run away in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    (I am looking forward to trying out the zombie modes they have in customs on the test server though :D)

Bolt on a hunger bar, spread some food through the buildings, and hey presto, already better than DayZ!

Advertisement