Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

player unknown's battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone play this game with a controller? Would it be a viable option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I tried it for the laugh. I wasn't having a laugh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I played it a few times with one. Couldn't find out how to run. Says you use the LB but that puts you into first person mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It's probably only there so they can test it for the console version and I've read that gamers who can't use keyboard and mouse due to a disability have been using it too.

Most console shooters have some sort of aim assist. I think you'd get destroyed playing against mouse aimers without that controller aim assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I kept wondering why I was getting 2 prompts for posts for Battlegrounds and just copped there's two threads on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got into 1 game over the weekend, cant connect at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cobaas

Anyone looking to duo or squad? Not sure if this is the right place but would be class to get a few people together for some casual / serious games!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/cobaas

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

Only on occasionally, but would be good to play with some fellow irishmen/women

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136302698/

We have a discord which has people on it regularly enough

https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

Have yet still had a squad game with yiz on that Discord group. Will jump on this week for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

hQe6ZAql.jpg

Just the one kill but I made it count :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PIcked this up last week finally caving into my stance on not paying for pre-release games after seeing the lads do loads that feel flat or were flavour of the month.

Really enjoying this, incredible intensity at times and thoroughly enjoyable :D

It's horribly optimised, I've a 1070 and basically my PC breezes through everything but this game is pretty rubbish on that front so had to do a good bit of fiddling to get nice smooth fps and stuff. Pretty happy with it now and think it looks well and can appreciate optimisation will come later.

The varying feel from weapons is really good, as usual, sucker for 416's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I get creamed in this game a lot. Most of my matches are with just a few hits and sometimes no kills but at least when you get enough points you can sell crates on the Steam marketplace. I haven't played the game in about a week though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've got to fall at places with loads of people to improve. Shooting I'd the only way, crawling around in the grass and getting 1 kill to win isn't really a win in my opinion. It's just not enjoyable that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

RossieMan wrote: »
    You've got to fall at places with loads of people to improve. Shooting I'd the only way, crawling around in the grass and getting 1 kill to win isn't really a win in my opinion. It's just not enjoyable that way.

True, the only way to improve your gunplay is to do more of it, but at the same time, this isn't Call of Duty.

I'm having the time of my life playing a more softly softly approach.

Sound plays a huge part in this game, and stealth is absolutely a viable, fun option.

RossieMan wrote: »

If im playing on my own I drop with the crowd simply just to get better, it is a clusterfcuk BUT if you survive it you are most likely going to be top 10.

If in Duo or Squad that can also be a good idea, but unlikely everyone getting out alive.

Anyone playing for KD ratio is nuts, you can only die once so thats a bit pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

CruelCoin wrote: »
    True, the only way to improve your gunplay is to do more of it, but at the same time, this isn't Call of Duty.

I'm having the time of my life playing a more softly softly approach.

Sound plays a huge part in this game, and stealth is absolutely a viable, fun option.
    That's true. This is the only game where i use headphones and it helps. Instead of wondering where people are you can hear their footsteps and whether the gunfire is to you're left or right and how far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Completely agree. But stealth is a lot to do with luck and hoping no one spots you.

I only takes battles if I have to, but I'd like 5-6 kills minimum per game if I'm winning it.
    No point crawling to top 10 with no kills and then getting shot in the back because you can't aim for ****e.

I suck at this game. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I suck at this game. :v

Follow this and you will see a marked improvement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Playing some solo First Person as I do while I'm rotated out of my wow raid. First game goes alright down to top 30 and then second game I'm last 16, really well geared on a good killing spree, and get rotated back in, have to quit game haha.

Fair play to lads pulling out the wins. It's a really satisfying game to win unlike other first person games, just because so much effort can go into a map. I've been going pretty gung ho early on to learn the guns and recoil patterns and all that sort of stuff. But have found the most aggressive I am and less "bitchy" in terms of trying to camp out, the better I'm operating in clearing houses or towns and not getting caught on the hop.

Still struggling with the long range engagements in terms of bullet trajectory. Playing it like Battlefield, then like Arma and realising its obviously an entity on its own. Not really sure how it works. Sometimes the rounds are going right on point when they shouldn't.

I actually havnt explored this game other then fire it up, get straight into matches. Is there any like firing range or training range that I could on this with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

TheDoc wrote: »
    Playing some solo First Person as I do while I'm rotated out of my wow raid. First game goes alright down to top 30 and then second game I'm last 16, really well geared on a good killing spree, and get rotated back in, have to quit game haha.

Fair play to lads pulling out the wins. It's a really satisfying game to win unlike other first person games, just because so much effort can go into a map. I've been going pretty gung ho early on to learn the guns and recoil patterns and all that sort of stuff. But have found the most aggressive I am and less "bitchy" in terms of trying to camp out, the better I'm operating in clearing houses or towns and not getting caught on the hop.

Still struggling with the long range engagements in terms of bullet trajectory. Playing it like Battlefield, then like Arma and realising its obviously an entity on its own. Not really sure how it works. Sometimes the rounds are going right on point when they shouldn't.

I actually havnt explored this game other then fire it up, get straight into matches. Is there any like firing range or training range that I could on this with ?

This Video explains it pretty well..

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=tq08-vlJEBg

TheDoc wrote: »

Every gun is different.

Some guns have really flat trajectories, others not so.

Bullet drop isnt in the game properly yet, the VSS is the main one that has a sort of bullet drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

They seem to have fixed the issue with reshade crashing the game.used it last night and it makes a hell of a difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bullet drop isnt in the game properly yet, the VSS is the main one that has a sort of bullet drop.

It is in the game. All guns have bullet drop. If you use the page up and down button it adjusts the distance so you won't have to account for bullet drops. Every small square is 100m.

Vss it's just a lot more noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yesterday I used a tutorial to reshade the game. The difference is incredible. It really punches up the game.

Yesterday I used a tutorial to reshade the game. The difference is incredible. It really punches up the game.

Bloody hell, the wheat actually looks like Wheat....
    First thing i'm doing when i get back, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and the snozzberries actually taste like snozzberries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

A video of me getting back to the Spawn Island after the plane has dropped and the loot you can expect:

Its a viable strategy if the circle works in your favour.

Advertisement