Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I Used to Weigh 15 Stone"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭motionwaves

22/3/18
    Calories eaten: 1,193.
    Exercise: None (0 minutes).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Currently 15 st 10lb, was 16st 10lb, big as a house. Back on the Green juice, great for the aul energy. Half cucumber, stick of celery, granny smith apple, fistful of kale, half a lemon, an inch of ginger. Having them daily and climbing the walls with energy.

Edit: Just need to give up the Kebabs. This is a great thread, great to see people’s progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I might try that green juice, it would be a start. Just getting back to exercising (walking on crutches) and hoping to get clearance from consultant today re going back to the gym. My energy levels are way down at the moment from lack of exercise.

22/3/18
    Weigh in (22/3/18): 15 stone 5 lbs.

Calories eaten: 1,686.
    Exercise: *Arm weights with dumbbells:
    Bicep Curls 1.5kg x 10 x 5
    Overhead Lifts 1.5kg x 10 x 5
    Side Lifts 1.5kg x 10 x 5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Well past your short term goal now. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

22/3/18
    Weigh in (22/3/18): 15 stone 5 lbs.

Calories eaten: 1,686.

Super progress well done. Really enjoying following the thread. You are clearly motivated and determined, keep it up!

On the dumbbells how are you finding It? They can be great in a cardio style workout if movement is quick and you get the heart rate going. On the flip side they can build muscle if you do slow but heavy intense lifting. Building muscle is great- takes calories to build muscle, and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn each day.

Might be worth thinking about the level of weight you are using and if it's meeting a goal of either cardio(you should be feeling a bit of a sweat, heart beat increased) or muscle gain (maybe cut down to 3 seats of 7 reps with a heavier weight and you should be struggling to lift towards the end). Just a thought but no doubt you are getting plenty of better advice so ignore if needed :-)

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Super progress well done. Really enjoying following the thread. You are clearly motivated and determined, keep it up!

On the dumbbells how are you finding It? They can be great in a cardio style workout if movement is quick and you get the heart rate going. On the flip side they can build muscle if you do slow but heavy intense lifting. Building muscle is great- takes calories to build muscle, and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn each day.

Might be worth thinking about the level of weight you are using and if it's meeting a goal of either cardio(you should be feeling a bit of a sweat, heart beat increased) or muscle gain (maybe cut down to 3 seats of 7 reps with a heavier weight and you should be struggling to lift towards the end). Just a thought but no doubt you are getting plenty of better advice so ignore if needed :-)

Thanks for the supportive post. Great advice about the dumbbell weights. I am happy with the very light 1.5kg weights for the moment, but am hoping to increase them in the next few months.

23/3/18
    Calories eaten: 2,040.

Had a slip up but will get back to being consistent again and motivated.

Thanks for the supportive post. Great advice about the dumbbell weights. I am happy with the very light 1.5kg weights for the moment, but am hoping to increase them in the next few months.

23/3/18
    Calories eaten: 2,040.

Had a slip up but will get back to being consistent again and motivated.

There's always an element of sustainability and life is never so straightforward that we can be 100% rigid and consistent in diet and exercise plans.Things happen.

Maybe build into your plan a "pay for play". So if you do have a few drinks or a treat now and again, you take a note of it and you then add extra workouts to cover the calories excess. Worst thing is to be guilty as that is demotivating. Enjoy the treat and enjoy the extra workout you will do to cover.

Keep it up. Inspiring me to be more diligent too!

There's always an element of sustainability and life is never so straightforward that we can be 100% rigid and consistent in diet and exercise plans.Things happen.

Maybe build into your plan a "pay for play". So if you do have a few drinks or a treat now and again, you take a note of it and you then add extra workouts to cover the calories excess. Worst thing is to be guilty as that is demotivating. Enjoy the treat and enjoy the extra workout you will do to cover.

Keep it up. Inspiring me to be more diligent too!

Thanks for this advice elbyrneo. I appreciate it. The pay for play idea is something I'll have to push myself to do, as lately I've been doing less and less exercise.

24/3/18
    Calories eaten: 800 (detox from yesterday's high intake of calories).

25/3/18
    Calories eaten: 807 (last day of detox).
    Exercise: *30 minutes home cardio workout.

*and Arm weights with dumbbells:

• Advertisement

26/3/18
    Calories eaten: 1,184.
    Exercise: *30 minutes home cardio workout.

*and Arm weights with dumbbells:

27/3/18
    Calories eaten: 1,171.
    Exercise: 60 minutes walking.

28/3/18
    Calories eaten: 1,175.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Your reaction to the slip up has been first class.

Recognised it for what it was, didn't throw the baby out with the bath water, adjusted and back on track. Love it.

Your reaction to the slip up has been first class.

Recognised it for what it was, didn't throw the baby out with the bath water, adjusted and back on track. Love it.

Thanks a lot Alf. I just really didn't want to repeat old mistakes. And I'm keeping my goals in mind everyday, whereas before I would ignore my long term goals and just eat so much food all the time.

29/3/18
    Weigh in (29/3/18): 15 stone 2 lbs.
    Calories eaten: 1,177.
    Exercise: 30 minutes walking.

30/3/18
    Calories eaten: 1,397.

31/3/18
    Calories eaten: 2,100.

1/4/18
    Calories eaten: 4,250.
    Exercise: 0 minutes (none).

Not happy about the above 2 days, but I'm planning on eating much better and exercising more this week!

It's easter...it happens. But it's just a small bump in the road :)

Thanks a lot Alf.

2/4/18
    Calories eaten: 800 (1 of 3 day detox, hopefully).

3/4/18
    Calories eaten: 835 (2 of 3 day detox, hopefully).

• Advertisement

4/4/18
    Calories eaten: 930 (3 of 3 day detox finished).

5/4/18
    Weigh in (5/4/18): 15 stone 3 lbs (gained 1lb in a week).
    Calories eaten: 1,608.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Hi Motionwaves, just 2 quick questions which I hope you don’t mind me asking. When you walk for 30 or 60 minutes are you making sure it’s a brisk walk that raises your heartbeat? And also regarding the weights, you said you seem happy with the actual weight of them, so maybe change the exercises a bit cos your body can get too used to stuff if you keep doing the same exercises and it won’t have the desired effect. Plus it’s fun and makes things more interesting for you when you change things up a bit, it’s great to try a new exercise and see what the results are! Very best of luck, you’re doing really well and it’s great to see your progress!

31/3/18
    Calories eaten: 2,100.

1/4/18
    Calories eaten: 4,250.

Not happy about the above 2 days, but I'm planning on eating much better and exercising more this week!

4250 on April 1st, mind if I ask what happened there? You seem to do great after the odd hiccup on getting back on track, that shows dedication too!

4250 on April 1st, mind if I ask what happened there?

Easter Sunday, innit.

Easter Sunday, innit.

Duh. Of course!

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Hi Motionwaves, just 2 quick questions which I hope you don’t mind me asking. When you walk for 30 or 60 minutes are you making sure it’s a brisk walk that raises your heartbeat? And also regarding the weights, you said you seem happy with the actual weight of them, so maybe change the exercises a bit cos your body can get too used to stuff if you keep doing the same exercises and it won’t have the desired effect. Plus it’s fun and makes things more interesting for you when you change things up a bit, it’s great to try a new exercise and see what the results are! Very best of luck, you’re doing really well and it’s great to see your progress!

Thanks so much for your support. Truthfully, going for walks doesn't raise my heartbeat if I'm honest. I could definitely try to walk a bit faster than my natural walking speed.
    My body might have gotten used to the simple routine I was doing with the arm weights. It gets boring way quicker than cardio for me. I’ve stopped doing weights altogether for the moment, but I’m hoping to get back into them again. Looking for different variations on Youtube at the moment. Which I hope will help.

4250 on April 1st, mind if I ask what happened there? You seem to do great after the odd hiccup on getting back on track, that shows dedication too!

I know, 4250 was a huge amount to eat in a day and I felt guilty afterwards- especially since I was doing well on this plan so far. However I will try my best to avoid overeating and start exercising more. This is a fitness log afterall :o Thanks for the support

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

Hey, I haven't read through all the pages to see what type of diet you're on, but have you ever tried Keto?

• Advertisement

6/4/18
    Calories eaten: 1,636.
    Exercise: 0 minutes.

7/4/18
    Calories eaten: 2,951.
    Exercise: 20 minutes walking.

8/4/18
    Calories eaten: 4,711.

9/4/18
    Calories Eaten: 3,256.

10/4/18
    Calories Eaten: 1,984

11/4/18
    Calories Eaten: 1,625.

12/4/18
    Weigh in (12/4/18): 15 stone 3 lbs (maintained weight this week).
    Calories Eaten: 2,061.

Advertisement