Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hit crowd in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The desperation off you.

A four word response with no context. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

I suppose that means a WHITE German citizen or a Muslim German citizen? Tell me now.

Fake news is endemic now. But sorry for those who died and were injured.

He wasborn in Germany and has a German name his colour or religion hasn't been released yet but will probably be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Harika

20Cent wrote: »
    He wasborn in Germany and has a German name his colour or religion hasn't been released yet but will probably be soon.

Jens was 48 with psychological problems, very unlikely that he was Muslim. Sorry for the disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

20Cent wrote: »

OK,

Seems to me that driving a truck/car into a crowd of people enjoying a few beers and ice creams is something that just happens now. No matter what ethnicity.

Don't forget that this appalling behaviour may have been gleaned from others.

And I suppose they all had mental illness. But the perp is dead at his own hand, that is what he decided, unlike the victims of his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Looks like the far right can't help themselves even when the attacker isn't a Muslim it's some how still the fault of Muslims. Also, hearing the attacker has far right links as well.

A lot of far right trying to blame Muslims online still as well. Par for course for them. More than willing to lie, as they get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Get ready for the supporters of the peaceful religion Islam to keep away from this thread for a few days and then appear when things die down to come back on the thread and accuse us of being racist about a religion!
    Pkiernan wrote: »
    More blood on Merkel hands.

How many more must die because the far left feel guilty about Germany's past?
    SNNUS wrote: »
    Merkel.
    I don’t really care wtf she is! she opened the flood gates! another German trying to destroy Europe, Hitler in the 20th and Merkel in the 21st century!

On the attack police are hunting two accomplices and the driver committed suicide!
    Danzy wrote: »
    Angela should have to dig the graves for the victims.

In a way she already has.
    Dr Brown wrote: »
    It can only be a matter of time before this sort of "cultural enrichment" comes to Ireland.
    Sand wrote: »
    Its a getting a bit like school shootings in the US. They just keep on happening, and we know nothing will be done. School shootings are the new normal in the US, diversity incidents are the new normal in Europe.

Thanks Merkel.

Waiting for literally any one of you lot to retract your previous comments and admit that maybe it makes more sense to wait a little while before jumping on the 'evil immigrants' angle.

BUT MUH NARRATIVE AND FAKE NEWS!

Not a bloody peep out of you lot once you found out it was a white dude, funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Waiting for literally any one of you lot to retract your previous comments and admit that maybe it makes more sense to wait a little while before jumping on the 'evil immigrants' angle.

Not a bloody peep out of you lot once you found out it was a white dude, funny that.

That aint in the playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Harika wrote: »
    Jens was 48 with psychological problems, very unlikely that he was Muslim. Sorry for the disappointment.

Wouldnt jump to conclusions........German Police are still looking for 2 accomplices in all of NRW, bordering Holland and the city center of Münster is still on lock down with residents being taken to local school halls. Local radio had it as a terror attack within an hour of it happening from local police sources. It was then changed to a mentally ill person once senior officers arrived from Düsseldorf and Merkels men got directly involved.

All smells very similar to the excuses given for the axe attacks in Düsseldorf in March last year by the same cops.....there they told us it wasnt terror related until it got to a very low key court hearing where it was admitted that the lad was indeed muslim and attended a mosque run by Salafist muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

wes wrote: »
    Looks like the far right can't help themselves even when the attacker isn't a Muslim it's some how still the fault of Muslims. Also, hearing the attacker has far right links as well.

A lot of far right trying to blame Muslims online still as well. Par for course for them. More than willing to lie, as they get away with it.

Well we've had what .... 14 vehicle ramming attacks perpetrated by Islamic extremists in the last couple of years in Europe .... so it's not like there's a pattern or anything.

It's a reasonable conclusion to jump to. In the same way that if a Mosque is deliberately burned down, I'd expect it to be right wing extremists, but ya know, it could always be an Iman doing it for insurance payout (but it'd be unlikely). I don't even have 14 examples of this to point out, but you get my point.

So far information about this incident is really light on the ground. Conspicuously so. There's not enough information at all to come to a firm conclusion. It could be, as the police have claimed, to have simply been a 'German' who has attacked people, in a 'non-terrorist' manner, because he has a 'mental illness'. I'll still expect ISIL to claim responsibility, if they have enough of a media wing to do so, which will be about as illuminating as the police statements on the matter (i.e. not much).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Local radio had it as a terror attack within an hour of it happening from local police sources. It was then changed to a mentally ill person once senior officers arrived from Düsseldorf and Merkels men got directly involved.

All smells very similar to the excuses given for the axe attacks in Düsseldorf in March last year by the same cops.....there they told us it wasnt terror related until it got to a very low key court hearing where it was admitted that the lad was indeed muslim and attended a mosque run by Salafist muslims.

Personally I'd describe all suicide bombers as suffering from mental illnesses. By definition. I mean, who wouldn't? :confused:

• Advertisement

Well we've had what .... 14 vehicle ramming attacks perpetrated by Islamic extremists in the last couple of years in Europe .... so it's not like there's a pattern or anything.

It's a reasonable conclusion to jump to. In the same way that if a Mosque is deliberately burned down, I'd expect it to be right wing extremists, but ya know, it could always be an Iman doing it for insurance payout (but it'd be unlikely). I don't even have 14 examples of this to point out, but you get my point.

So far information about this incident is really light on the ground. Conspicuously so. There's not enough information at all to come to a firm conclusion. It could be, as the police have claimed, to have simply been a 'German' who has attacked people, in a 'non-terrorist' manner, because he has a 'mental illness'. I'll still expect ISIL to claim responsibility, if they have enough of a media wing to do so, which will be about as illuminating as the police statements on the matter (i.e. not much).

As of May there was 17 school shootings in the US this year alone. Majoritively carried out by white, Christian Males.

Yet, when a shooting happens in the US, people still attempt to pin it in Islam.

Now, before the usual morons come parading in here with their 'Religion of Peace' memes, I'm not a fan of Islam as a religion at all. I just really really hate blanket statements and thinly veiled racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

when a shooting happens in the US, people still attempt to pin it in Islam.

When a shooting happens in the US ,people blame US gun laws every time and European media is always quick to agree.This just proves the point that crazy people will find ways to kill regardless of gun laws.

Personally I'd describe all suicide bombers as suffering from mental illnesses. By definition. I mean, who wouldn't? :confused:

Well if someone told me the people carrying out these attacks were not mentally ill, I would certainly be recommending that they see a doctor themselves.

As of May there was 17 school shootings in the US this year alone. Majoritively carried out by white, Christian Males.

Yet, when a shooting happens in the US, people still attempt to pin it in Islam.

Now, before the usual morons come parading in here with their 'Religion of Peace' memes, I'm not a fan of Islam as a religion at all. I just really really hate blanket statements and thinly veiled racism.

I am so tired of this nonsense and it is one of the most blatant examples of bias and muddling of facts going.

I'm a white Christian man. You probably are, too. So is most of America. If I went a rampage tomorrow, the media would try and say it's because I'm a Christian, because they're looking for clicks. I'm an atheist, like you probably are, and like a lot of America is.

When people talk about Muslim extremism, they're talking about people doing it because of their religion. That is undeniably more prevalent than Christian or any other religion's violence, nowadays anyway.

Please attack me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't think we need another spate of Diversity Attacks to confirm we have a problem with Islam in Europe. The problem was confirmed a long time ago. I think Cologne was probably the moment of no return (it was for me anyway).

Whether this was an Islamic attack or a retaliation attack or just a one off mad man incident, it doesn't change the situation in Europe. There is a war brewing and it's about to kick off in the Balkans soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So, according to the link in the OP, there were two attacks, one yesterday, and one today.

The driver today was a German born right-wing nut. I'd wonder were both attacks from German neo-Nazi's?

the_syco wrote: »
    So, according to the link in the OP, there were two attacks, one yesterday, and one today.

The driver today was a German born right-wing nut. I'd wonder were both attacks from German neo-Nazi's?

Absolutely no talk of right wing involvement here in Germany. Also doubt a right wing nut would drive into a bar frequented by German students in a city which has a very large wealthy German community and very low migrant population.
    All he would have had to do was drive 20-30km and he could have carried out his attack and hit non German/Christians and got the added publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Actually, as we saw in the YouTube incident, people tend to blame shoot ups in offices or schools on white males. There’s a statistical reason for that. Same with cars driven into crowds in Europe. Statistically that has been an Islamist tactic

I don’t jump the gun myself though.

I am so tired of this nonsense and it is one of the most blatant examples of bias and muddling of facts going.

I'm a white Christian man. You probably are, too. So is most of America. If I went a rampage tomorrow, the media would try and say it's because I'm a Christian, because they're looking for clicks. I'm an atheist, like you probably are, and like a lot of America is.

When people talk about Muslim extremism, they're talking about people doing it because of their religion. That is undeniably more prevalent than Christian or any other religion's violence, nowadays anyway.

Please attack me.

I'm not going to attack you, in fact in parts of what you say I agree with you.

I'm going to laugh at the claims of bias though, or more so the irony of your claims of bias, when you yourself posted some pretty biased stuff in the past. We all have our own biased views after all.

You speak of muddling facts, but I can't help but notice that the right here tend to ignore the fact that the very vast majority of terrorist attacks in the US are carried out right wing people

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/terrorism-right-wing-america-muslims-islam-white-supremacists-study-a7805831.html

Yet, you can be very sure that in the event of an attack, the early conclusion leapt to by the right is that they are Muslim. Hell, go and look at any Right Wing focused forum now, such as The_Donald or Voat. They all went straight the Islam attack mode, and have yet to admit they were wrong. Because everyone has a bias view.

The important thing is being big enough to admit when you make a mistake.

the_syco wrote: »

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Germany again, the bastion of European stability for some very odd reason. Anyone who buys the psychological issues line is a naive twat.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Get ready for the supporters of the peaceful religion Islam to keep away from this thread for a few days and then appear when things die down to come back on the thread and accuse us of being racist about a religion!

Religion is pure hocus pocus on all fronts
    All religion
    Read the late Christopher Hitchens books
    A man before his time

I'm not going to attack you, in fact in parts of what you say I agree with you.

I'm going to laugh at the claims of bias though, or more so the irony of your claims of bias, when you yourself posted some pretty biased stuff in the past. We all have our own biased views after all.

You speak of muddling facts, but I can't help but notice that the right here tend to ignore the fact that the very vast majority of terrorist attacks in the US are carried out right wing people

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/terrorism-right-wing-america-muslims-islam-white-supremacists-study-a7805831.html

Yet, you can be very sure that in the event of an attack, the early conclusion leapt to by the right is that they are Muslim. Hell, go and look at any Right Wing focused forum now, such as The_Donald or Voat. They all went straight the Islam attack mode, and have yet to admit they were wrong. Because everyone has a bias view.

If only we lived in the US.

In fact I generally assume that shoot ups in the US are carried out by white males. And it’s just not true that Muslims are automatically blamed - not on normal media anyway.

However cars driven into people has recently been an Islamic terrorist tactic.

I wonder though, if the fact that the victims were European could explain the jocularity of the first few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

RIP to all those who died today.

On a side note, it’s funny how the journals comment section migrates here every time something like this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Boards... when you're a bit too right wing for Breitbart...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was in Germany recently with my German partner (who's lived in Ireland for 15 years). Honestly, the demography of some parts of the cities we were in was a real eye opener (Frankfurt and Koln being two of them). There are streets with not a hint of a German flag (but you see plenty of Turkish and North African ones), never mind streets with not a hint of a German person.

I understand that there are rather unsavoury characters who come to threads like this to basically spread Neo-Nazi propaganda, and that the mods and members of online communities can get fed up, but you don't have to be the reincarnation of Heinrich Himmler to see that mass immigration has developed, and will lead to massive problems in Northern and Western Europe. I honestly forsee large swaths of countries like England, France and Germany resembling Yugoslavia in decades to come.

I think some ppl are deliberately trying to bring about a repeat of WW3. Can't think why - maybe cause this time round it would be filmed in HD, cause those grainy archives from back then are really annoying even when they've been coloured in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sorry watching the ****ing Golf i see all you apologists prayers were answered and you come crawling back onto the thread to gloat but I bet you were worried there for a while it had all the hallmarks of your typical western hating Jihadist! Btw just to bring you back down to earth it’s the one year anniversary of the Stockholm
    https://twitter.com/petersweden7/status/982703138942717952?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Sand

There's a story today in the BBC that 9 men have been arrested in the Derby area on suspicion of conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child. Its normal now that there are gangs of men in UK towns conspiring to rape kids.

Between the start of 2015 and the end of 2017 349 people have been killed and 1,670 people injured in Islamic terrorist attacks in Europe. Its normal now that armed soldiers must patrol European streets, and barriers must be erected to protect pedestrians from murderous truck attacks.

It would be nice if people advocating for mass immigration into Europe were big enough to admit their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The van with explosives ploughed into outdoor restaurant, with at least 4 dead and around 30 injured and the suspect shot himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think some ppl are deliberately trying to bring about a repeat of WW3. Can't think why - maybe cause this time round it would be filmed in HD, cause those grainy archives from back then are really annoying even when they've been coloured in.

And how do you think everything is going to resolve itself?

Advertisement