Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hit crowd in Germany

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Odhinn wrote: »
    No, its not right, but they can't wander round without citizenship of an EU country, afaik, unless they do so illegally.

I did actually answer your statement with some examples/contradictions/opinions.....however a loving Mod refered to them as ****e having deleted them.......Very Professional modding or maybe just a childish attempt to be cool or funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I did actually answer your statement with some examples/contradictions/opinions.....however a loving Mod refered to them as ****e having deleted them.......Very Professional modding or maybe just a childish attempt to be cool or funny.

It's off topic. So was yours jmayo, just having a go at Muslims. Now this is the FINAL word on it. Some people don't get the hint. Bans next time, just wasting my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Anyone want to buy my Jump2Conclusions mat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A Romanian News channel saying he was a Kurd born in Germany.

Who knows.

Everyone's conclusion mats are all over the place.

Danzy wrote: »

Who knows.

His name is Jens, had a German passport (as do most non EU immigrants regardless of religion or origin within 5 years of entering the country), was educated and brought up in Germany according to police sources and he was mentally ill. Wouldnt want to speculate anymore. Have to believe what the great German leaders tell us.....

Funny how the lads arrested in Berlin (Police publically said they were definately planning a terror attack on the Berlin Half Maraton) the following day to distract the media from Münster are free again to walk the streets...evidence mustnt have been too good but it distracted.

Similar to the supposed shopping center attacks in Essen and Oberhausen after the truck attack against the Xmas market in Berlin.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

To be fair you can see why people would jump to conclusions.

If a bomb was to have went off in any British city in 1987 who would most people assume did it?

If you've got previous form then unfortunately when an attack like this one happens, you're going to be high up the list of suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Danzy wrote: »

Who knows.

Regardless of the truth of the situation (which may well be just as it has been presented) it is clear that the German police want that particular story to die. The lack of identifiable features relating to the attacker are part of this (German 'national' named 'Jens').

Meanwhile, yesterday 6 men were arrested for apparently planning an attack on the Berlin marathon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/08/german-police-arrest-man-suspected-terror-plot-berlin-half-marathon/

Regardless of the truth of the situation (which may well be just as it has been presented) it is clear that the German police want that particular story to die. The lack of identifiable features relating to the attacker are part of this (German 'national' named 'Jens').

Meanwhile, yesterday 6 men were arrested for apparently planning an attack on the Berlin marathon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/08/german-police-arrest-man-suspected-terror-plot-berlin-half-marathon/

They were arrested yesterday morning and released today based on a lack of evidence!!!! Personally feel it was a distraction arrest....way too much about them being friends with Amri and wanting revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

His name is Jens, had a German passport (as do most non EU immigrants regardless of religion or origin within 5 years of entering the country), <snip>.
    its actually 8 years continuous residence and only after you speak german properly and only if you are not reliant on social security and only once you have renounced your original cizizenship, because not every country gives out passports as easily as Ireland (5 years in 9, or just 3 for refugees, no tests, language requirements or requirement to be in work, and sure you can keep the old citizenship as a memento of your past life) .

I can write essays and critiques on Germany and Germans , but one thing you can't accuse them of is giving out citizenship easily.

its actually 8 years continuous residence and only after you speak german properly and only if you are not reliant on social security and only once you have renounced your original cizizenship, because not every country gives out passports as easily as Ireland (5 years in 9, or just 3 for refugees, no tests, language requirements or requirement to be in work, and sure you can keep the old citizenship as a memento of your past life) .

I can write essays and critiques on Germany and Germans , but one thing you can't accuse them of is giving out citizenship easily.

Off topic for a moment:
    8 years, B2 level German etc. was brough in less than 3 years ago here in NRW, may have been earlier in Bayern....

Before that it was 5 years residency......still today being reliant on social security is no reason to getting turned down for the passport, enough students from Asia and ex Russian states doing it at the end of their studies. How do I know....I have an Albainian co worker and good friend (arrived in Germany aged 11) sitting opposite me here in the office who got the passport 10 years ago upon ending his studies and he helps and advises others how to go about it. The lad knows more loopholes in the system than most lawyers. His parents still dont speak the language, have always relied on state support for help.....but their children are German and now so are they, based soley on length of residency and refugee status upon arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Immigration to the EU has been going on for decades, I grew up in London in the 80's with a massive background of friends from across the world.

I was born in the UK, in the 70's, to Irish emigrants. Now people may say that's different. We weren't going over there and taking low paid jobs. Wait sorry, we were. But we weren't blowing **** up. Wait, sorry we were. But we would take over cities. Wait sorry we did. However Liverpool looks ok to me.

Signs saying No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish. And some would like to tack no muslims onto that.

Edit: just saw the mod warning so please don't anyone reply to me. I won't mention immigration again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Graces7 wrote: »
    All mine over there are safe, thank God

As for the prevalence of mental illness these days? They closed down the big mental hospitals in so many countries because of cost. Takes a lot to get someone confined now . Seeing the evil fruits of this

Canada has pretty good mental health though.

Do we have anything that says he was mentally ill? I have't seen anything except saying he wasn't great socially.

Advertisement