Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hit crowd in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Greybottle wrote: »
    Merkel is a right wing Christian Conservative. But keep going anyway.

That would depend how far right you are looking from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Okay, so a serious post for a serious event:

Just some information.

A Kurdish rally was apparently planned in Munster for today. Unknown if there's a connection, but although there have been significant tensions between Turks and Kurds in Germany recently, it's probably unrelated.

The driver has shot himself dead.

This is the anniversary of the Stolkholm attack.

One photograph of the scene suggested an outdoor cafe/restaurant was included in the attack (slightly reminiscent of Barcelona).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Greybottle wrote: »
    Merkel is a right wing Christian Conservative. But keep going anyway.

I don’t really care wtf she is! she opened the flood gates! another German trying to destroy Europe, Hitler in the 20th and Merkel in the 21st century!

On the attack police are hunting two accomplices and the driver committed suicide!

• Site Banned Posts: 21 francis_begbie

Okay, so a serious post for a serious event:

Just some information.

A Kurdish rally was apparently planned in Munster for today. Unknown if there's a connection, but although there have been significant tensions between Turks and Kurds in Germany recently, it's probably unrelated.

The driver has shot himself dead.

This is the anniversary of the Stolkholm attack.

One photograph of the scene suggested an outdoor cafe/restaurant was included in the attack (slightly reminiscent of Barcelona).

Strange that he would shoot himself rather than bystanders/ attempt suicide by cop. Presumably could only get his hands on a dbl barrelled shotgun and feared being overpowered if he tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Angela should have to dig the graves for the victims.

In a way she already has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Checking that my family are safe.

I don’t really care wtf she is! she opened the flood gates! another German trying to destroy Europe, Hitler in the 20th and Merkel in the 21st century!

On the attack police are hunting two accomplices and the driver committed suicide!

Strange, accomplices who weren't driving.

Probably bent on doing a knife attack after crashing and chickened out when faced with the sight of what they'd already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Strange that he would shoot himself rather than bystanders/ attempt suicide by cop. Presumably could only get his hands on a dbl barrelled shotgun and feared being overpowered if he tried.

I do find that a strange detail. Typically with Islamist extremist attacks (which this hasn't been confirmed to be, but every vehicular attack in Europe to date has been such) the attacker usually keeps going until killed or captured by police. Particularly when armed and attempting to kill as many people as possible.... maybe incapacitated....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

It can only be a matter of time before this sort of "cultural enrichment" comes to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Updates from Germany are very slow at being released

• Advertisement

Dr Brown wrote: »
    It can only be a matter of time before this sort of "cultural enrichment" comes to Ireland.

It already did in Dundalk. Remember the cover up when FG come around canvassing at your door next time. Gardai are absolutely certain there was no Islamist motive yet they don't even know the pricks name or nationality. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

White people can be muslims too ya intolerant fecker

I never mentioned religion. As I said don’t jump to conclusions but you jumped right in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

jacksie66 wrote: »
    The echo chamber will be at full power today here on boards. Same auld crap trotted out every time something like this happens. A big pathetic circle jerk..
    Probably better off not talking about it at all

The echo chamber will be at full power today here on boards. Same auld crap trotted out every time something like this happens. A big pathetic circle jerk..

Stronger Together.

We Are Not Afraid.

Islam is a Religion of Peace.

What kind of moron actually votes for Merkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They're probably checking the mental illness dictionary as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Stronger Together.

We Are Not Afraid.

Islam is a Religion of Peace.

What kind of moron actually votes for Merkel?

Your concern for the victims is touching.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

If you want to see an real echo chamber, just turn on any news channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Still no updates on it
    I have so far refrained from commenting on it until something comes to light

But my heart goes out to the people of Munster today and to the families of those who have lost loved ones

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Those Protestants. Up to no good as usual!

• Advertisement

Probably cares more about potential future victims that someone who writes off this stuff as just isolated and random events, and then chooses to do nothing.

I've no idea if this particular incident was a result of religious extremism, but I wouldn't have a go at someone for suggesting it since it's usually the case these days.

Where I live, there are a lot of new white French and South Africans expats recently, and they all say they're getting away from stuff that we would scoff at thinking ",It's grand there. I just visited it." The fact is that it's not grand, and your bus tours aren't going to neighbourhoods that are overrun and where people are scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah but, Britain will be totally safe now with Brexit. None of this mass immigration will be allowed there. Strange that they could have stopped all that with visa requirements whilst Theresa May was Home Office Secretary. But no.

Anyway. One puff of nerve gas and it's all over wherever you are. I hope it doesn't fall into anyone's hands. Kinda scary.

Russia will decide.

My post is tongue in cheek by the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Think I'll watch 'Er ist weider Da' again this evening.

Its a dark comedy, fantastic movie and raises a few good questions too.

Its 2014 and Adolf Hitler is back, brilliant stuff. Very funny.

Its on Netflix with English subtitles. Recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You notice that and not the “jokes”?

The first page is full of immoral imbeciles “joking” about women drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Presumably they're deciding how to manage the narrative and make it more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sand wrote: »
    Presumably they're deciding how to manage the narrative and make it more palatable.

Posts on Reddit saying that his passport was found on the scene and explosives in the car. Police have confirmed terror attack and said that 4 have died and a further 6 are critically injured.

So horrible. I can't imagine just going about your day and something like this happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

vicwatson wrote:
    Piss off, now that’s very mature

He needed to use words you'd understand perhaps

Get ready for the supporters of the peaceful religion Islam to keep away from this thread for a few days and then appear when things die down to come back on the thread and accuse us of being racist about a religion!

http://www.united-against-racism.net/dundalk-attacks-united-against-racism-statement/

This is one of the most perverse things I've ever read. What a demented scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Posts on Reddit saying that his passport was found on the scene and explosives in the car. Police have confirmed terror attack and said that 4 have died and a further 6 are critically injured.

So horrible. I can't imagine just going about your day and something like this happening.

Its a getting a bit like school shootings in the US. They just keep on happening, and we know nothing will be done. School shootings are the new normal in the US, diversity incidents are the new normal in Europe.

Thanks Merkel.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Its a getting a bit like school shootings in the US. They just keep on happening, and we know nothing will be done. School shootings are the new normal in the US, diversity incidents are the new normal in Europe.

Thanks Merkel.

I will say one thing, the regularity of these seems to be in decline in the last 6 or so months, compared to how many occurred in 2016 and 2017. I can only assume due to the pointlessness of acting in the name of the defunct once mighty caliphate.

Advertisement