Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

revelman wrote: »
    Genuine question. What is orange criteria? I don’t know the answer. Orange is still a pretty significant weather warning.

More than 3cm to 8cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the frogs in my garden pond. There was a batch of spawn frozen solid in it during Emma and they were spawning again during this week. With the forecast temps to go low I fear it will freeze solid again

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

revelman wrote: »
    Genuine question. What is orange criteria? I don’t know the answer. Orange is still a pretty significant weather warning.

"Significant falls of snow likely to cause accumulations of 3 cm or greater below 250m AMSL. Slippery paths and roads due to accumulation of ice on untreated surfaces.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

now its sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

Walked from D14 to Leopardstown this morning in what became blizzard conditions. It was a fantastic Sunday morning battle against the elements. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Around 10 circling, first RYR on approach after delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Irish Sea fizzling our somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Coming down heavy now in Cork city..it's absolutely beautiful.

• Advertisement

Met Eireann have now added Laois to status orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was just watching BBC news and they had one of the forecasters on. Temps in SW England have dropped from -1c to -3c in the last couple of hours and heavy snow moving up across the region that will eventually impact Wexford, Waterford and Cork going by their radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Falling nicely in Cork now. One of my dogs will be delighted - he loved it last time. Another hour of this and he’ll have lots to play in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The warning lasts until 6pm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brookers

awec wrote: »
    Anyone been on the roads? Are they bad? We’ve visitors due today from the north. :(

M1 and m50 specifically

cancel, warnings out now nobody should be out on the roads..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Update* As I posted they added Carlow!

Met Eireann should have updated their Orange Warnings to include Carlow and Laois at this stage, probably make little difference at this stage but we are well past Yellow criteria around here now.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/975294030153207810

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Zico ! wrote: »
    RIP

Surely you mean R - idd - IP

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Should be Red for Kildare at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Heavier here in Sandymount ,D4 than any time during the beast from the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Snowing heavy in Waterford. Close to 10cm on car now. Good news is the traffic is keeping the roads slushy and very drivable.

• Advertisement

brookers wrote: »
    cancel, warnings out now nobody should be out on the roads..

You should see where I have to drive shortly.Up to the shadow of Mt.Leinster.
    Winter tyres gonna get a bit of use in the middle of March.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I realised after the last event that I cant speak for the whole of Bray given the dramatic accululation differences within the town as little as 1KM and 150m elevation away but down on the seafront its been snowing non stop for the last 2 hours, with grains for the first hour and fliffy flakes for the second. Still only about 2cm on the paths though. given that Convection has ceased on the Irish Sea as pointed out by Gaoth Laidir and evidenced by the Radar, I can see this thawing very quickly when the sky clears and the sun comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Calibos wrote: »
    I realised after the last event that I cant speak for the whole of Bray given the dramatic accululation differences within the town as little as 1KM and 150m elevation away but down on the seafront its been snowing non stop for the last 2 hours, with grains for the first hour and fliffy flakes for the second. Still only about 2cm on the paths though. given that Convection has ceased on the Irish Sea as pointed out by Gaoth Laidir and evidenced by the Radar, I can see this thawing very quickly when the sky clears and the sun comes out.

Definitely a quick thaw considering time of year. Will freeze hard tonight though .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

If you have any pics to post, feel free to post them here in this thread which will be used as a trip down memory lane in the future when Northern Ireland or somewhere in the UK is getting buried whilst we beg for one snowflake :P:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106471456#post106471456

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Been coming down steadily all morning in Dublin 9. Few blizzards. Lovely big flakes.

Any idea how quickly this will clear? Supposed to be heading to naas tomorrow but obviously won't travel if this lasts longer than today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Calibos wrote: »

Up near the killarney road and around 3.5cm so far.

circadian wrote: »
    Been coming down steadily all morning in Dublin 9. Few blizzards. Lovely big flakes.

Any idea how quickly this will clear? Supposed to be heading to naas tomorrow but obviously won't travel if this lasts longer than today.

Tomorrow is to be cold but settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

whoa big fat flakes here in cork. blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some from Kildare, taken by my sister.
    Kill village getting plenty again and the N7 heading towards Dublin.

Advertisement