Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

What's the world coming to ...only 677 people looking at this forum

Morning after the night before. Paddy’s, rugby etc. We might have more than a few waking up over the next while shocked when they open their curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

revelman wrote: »
    Morning after the night before. Paddy’s, rugby etc. We might have more than a few waking up over the next while shocked when they open their curtains.

They must not have kids. I have been up since 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

In Kilcock and would be loath to drive without snow tyres.

I just drove from a rural village, over a big hill and on to Kilcock and back in regular front wheel drive with summer tyres. Was fine. Take it slow and handy and all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Just a quick warning to anyone travelling around kildare town locality the snow on the roads is not melting it is been compacted and freezing to black ice, take care on any journey you need to make

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just been out driving on rural roads and not recommended unless you are a capable driver. Main roads are grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Beast and buses are very similar in you wait ages for one then get two within weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

1-2 inches of snow max in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I probably exaggerated the thaw. It's thawing on some roofs but the roads are still the same.

I think it depends on where the ground is exposed. As far as I'm aware wherever you expose bare ground, that warms up quicker and warms surrounding ground and you get quicker snow melt from there. Our front garden has plenty of footprints on the left hand side and that portion of the garden is undergoing the greatest thaw.

Our neighbours haven't touched their front garden and no thaw at all there it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Still coming down like crazy. This is a better view showing flat patio next to house. It's relentless.

445860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

ELM327 wrote: »

you must be joking...at least 8 cm in Castleknock which is just up the road and still snowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

ELM327 wrote:

Depends on where you are in blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Met Éireann's radar has a lot more incoming precip for the east whereas Netweather has less. Usually I find MÉ more reliable but as they say... what can go wrong will go wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anyone know what the n11 is like between Arklow and Bray??

Is it gritted or cleared??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seems to be melting faster than it's falling here in Moate. Roads cleared by traffic, snow dropping off slopes, car bonnets etc. Still snowing too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some light snow falling here in Cratloe, County Clare but nothing sticking.

I wasn't expecting snow to make it this far west so nice to see it fall. Friends from home sent me some images of the snow in Dunshaughlin and it looks like a fairly decent snowfall there of at least a few inches deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Orange extended to 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

spookwoman wrote: »
    I'd say the players are delighted they avoided a cringefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Still coming down like crazy. This is a better view showing flat patio next to house. It's relentless.

445860.jpg

What is your location in Kildare? During Emma, it took 2 days of relentless snow for me to get a measurement of 20cm on top of my car. It is quite extraordinary for you to be getting this measurement just after a few hours this morning. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Portlaoise railway station 18/03/18
    IMAG12015_zps0ioov2tr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Met Éireann's radar has a lot more incoming precip for the east whereas Netweather has less. Usually I find MÉ more reliable but as they say... what can go wrong will go wrong :p

The ME radar is much more accurate, same in the last spell

Moderate big flakes the past hour in sallins. Otherwise known as the sweet spot !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

About an inch and half between Castleknock and Chapelizod. Heading to Kildare now should be fun there!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

About 110 metres ASL near Kilcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anyone know what the n11 is like between Arklow and Bray??

Is it gritted or cleared??

* N11/M11 Stretch from Wicklow to Newtown described as like an ice rink.

* N11 as you enter Dublin area appears to have not been gritted at this time and is icy in parts.

*N11 Arklow - Wicklow strecth currently very poor driving conditions

* Roundwood to Newtown road reported as very icy.

* N81 currently being ploughed but reported as icy

* Gardai reporting that roads around Arklow, Baltinglass and Enniskerry are treacherous

* Tinahealy to Knockanna road is impassable due to snow drifts

Hopefully gritting operations will commence shortly on scheduled routes, but exercise caution on all road networks at present as conditions deteriorating.

29313460_10215893527001062_3405609178226491392_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHIjg1VSpZUcudqFpzKCmlM0tBTqheAtxVJHV6y6jOtmRCHfi7vE14OrDyEfxann9rd7eiACrWoVyVlSQ4NE__XiVv7x2fWMFQloN1L-vqJcw&oh=31588053daab5ade3a920d4e70e85c75&oe=5B4B0435

29342763_10215893526161041_5248255027016892416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeG2kxh7OxjiNRgUGx-xs-VBS4Wo9IjJ0M8yMds60Z775Juf2aZ0lwHYxg-tPXdIR6ximGudZdawk43e-qM5mdWyuE6gLnYU5bJt41gDMDDSzQ&oh=52de198dd482d81aca12bf9bc21125a1&oe=5AFF7B9F

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    About an inch and half between Castleknock and Chapelizod. Heading to Kildare now should be fun there!

Come join the fun !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

sryanbruen wrote:
    Beast and buses are very similar in you wait ages for one then get two within weeks.

Could there be a third within weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

West Limerick
    1° C
    200 Meters ASL
    Snizzle for the last hour.

2802ibt.gif

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

About 110 metres ASL near Kilcullen

That's a lot of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Still coming down in celbridge, but a noticeable thaw on. Snow on car(not used today) is melting & falling off.

Reckon still only abt 4-5cm at most here

Wheres me thundersnow though????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

So I seemed to have imbibed a lil too much duty free last night, I crashed at 11 and woke up bout an hour ago :D

Caught a glimpse of flakes falling out the bedroom window and we leapt out the bed to go see. Will take a walk later, back in the bed for now. Still pelting down here in D11

Advertisement