Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EdwardC

Whiskey connoisseurs, marketing and brand expertise, incisive social commentary and of course top notch mma analysis - this thread really has a top pedigree of poster, thanks lads.
    Well pastor, it's what we do to pass the time.  You're welcome.

Whiskey connoisseurs, marketing and brand expertise, incisive social commentary and of course top notch mma analysis - this thread really has a top pedigree of poster, thanks lads.

I really shouldn't post until I learn how to do it just once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

EdwardC wrote: »
    I really shouldn't post until I learn how to do it just once

This lad has promise, top prospect in the Mcgregor thread this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Literally have a pain in the nads with him posting pointless crap on social media , like at the gpo or having a pop at fiddy and commenting on frankie ko and max , absolutely no interest in any of that s hite he is spouting out , get in the cage or fcuk off simples , its a joke now

Ufc should set a fight date and opponent and if he turns it down cut him loose and show him the world moves on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Literally have a pain in the nads with him posting pointless crap on social media , like at the gpo or having a pop at fiddy and commenting on frankie ko and max , absolutely no interest in any of that s hite he is spouting out , get in the cage or fcuk off simples , its a joke now

Ufc should set a fight date and opponent and if he turns it down cut him loose and show him the world moves on

If his social media posts are bothering you so much then why not unfollow him? Life is too short to be getting so stressed out about someone's social media page.

Yeah and the UFC are going to just get rid of their most valuable asset by a distance. Sure they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Iv a pain in the nads with people that have a pain in the nads that he is posting crap on social media. If that's the case stay off the forum aswell cause that's what's going to be discussed. No point following when you know a fight hasent been announced yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Literally have a pain in the nads with him posting pointless crap on social media
    fitzparker wrote: »
    Iv a pain in the nads with people that have a pain in the nads that he is posting crap on social media.

I think both of you guys need to get your nads checked out by a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cliggg wrote: »
    I think both of you guys need to get your nads checked out by a doctor.

I agree. A pain in the nads might mean you're more than a total bollocks and might need to have surgery to make you less than a complete bollocks, with the aid of some chemo or radiotherapy.

*im not calling the lads bollocks, I'm saying sore balls could be tumorous ball cancer and they might need a ball-ectomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The man himself was here at cage legacy shouting for Lee Hammond

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Social media is a money spinner from him, a bleedin goldmine.
    Nearly every post is sponsored by someone or there is a product placement in them.
    I actually had to explain to the marketing manager in my company how he uses instagram to his. For example, I asked them what car he was driving and what sports brand he was wearing that day he came out of court in Blanch. They were able to rattle it off....and then the penny dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The man himself was here at cage legacy shouting for Lee Hammond

He was there the whole night, stayed to watch every sbg fighter. Kept himself tucked away in a corner and didn't encourage too many picture and autograph hunters which is fair enough.

A very good night of fights on the card too. Only the main event went to the judges I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Whelo79 wrote: »
    He was there the whole night, stayed to watch every sbg fighter. Kept himself tucked away in a corner and didn't encourage too many picture and autograph hunters which is fair enough.

A very good night of fights on the card too. Only the main event went to the judges I think.

Didn't hear a peep out of him only when Lee was fighting. Great night of fights, that DJ was a pain in the hole though and playing the McGregor song was cringeworthy. Well worth the drive up tonight anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Nearly every post is sponsored by someone or there is a product placement in them.
    I actually had to explain to the marketing manager in my company how he uses instagram to his. For example, I asked them what car he was driving and what sports brand he was wearing that day he came out of court in Blanch. They were able to rattle it off....and then the penny dropped.

how&why is he the marketing manager in your company?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

how&why is he the marketing manager in your company?

i guess they were looking at the story rather than all the advertising that was taking place, that was just seeping in subliminally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I don't think anybody would have a problem with this if he wasn't running his mouth about fighters he clearly has no intention of fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

i guess they were looking at the story rather than all the advertising that was taking place, that was just seeping in subliminally.

No one with even a days experience in marketing, would need that explained to him. And if he does, your company is wasting the money that they are paying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Out in the Boozer listening to the foggy dew any sign of a fight for Conor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

markc91 wrote: »
    Out in the Booker listening to the foggy dew any sign of a fight for Conor?

Rumours of Ronald McDonald, but nothing concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

C'mon lads someone asks this every few pages. Considering there's already a fight happening in a month's time between two other guys and the winner gets Conor's belt, there won't be any sniff of a fight announcement until well after that fight is over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

C'mon lads someone asks this every few pages. Considering there's already a fight happening in a month's time between two other guys and the winner gets Conor's belt, there won't be any sniff of a fight announcement until well after that fight is over

I'm expecting "something" to happen at the fight.

Winner has the belt hoisted upon them, cut to Conor in the crowd with his belt, declaring it "da real belt, come and take it off me," some kind of incident to skirt controversy, then...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sometimes it feels like 034569-are-we-there-yet-.jpg

a wise man told me, the difference between very successful people and those who fail to succeed, is the ability to endure delayed gratification

if hes not fighting it means there is a bigger paycheck waiting for him, and thats how a good business man operates. none of us know the details of his business negotiations, its all just speculation. one thing i believe to be true, is that he fears no man. but why fight any man, when some pay more than others

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm expecting "something" to happen at the fight.

Winner has the belt hoisted upon them, cut to Conor in the crowd with his belt, declaring it "da real belt, come and take it off me," some kind of incident to skirt controversy, then...?

Sounds like the end to a wwf match

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

If Conor was to fight Khabib in Russia, do you reckon the Russians would find some way to cheat? Maybe bribing the ref/judges/USADA?

Their record isn’t exactly squeaky clean in this department.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

CM24 wrote: »
    If Conor was to fight Khabib in Russia, do you reckon the Russians would find some way to cheat? Maybe bribing the ref/judges/USADA?

I doubt that fight would go to a close judges decision. It would either go the same way as the Alvarez fight, or else Conor would be squashed for 5 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

rob316 wrote: »
    Sounds like the end to a wwf match

They'll probably trot McGregor into the cage depending on who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CM24 wrote: »

With Russians officials etc, it would be a given.
    But I imagine that it would be typical UFC officials. If they were going to bribe them they could bribe them no matter what the location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Jesus hearing more and more about floyd training for MMA , no doubt hel get the lottory fight with conor and another circus fiasco , true fight fans only wanna see conor vs the winner of khabib & Ferguson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement