Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Mayweather wants to improve on his skills before getting into the ring.. he says it could take him up to eight months to be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Mayweather wants to improve on his skills before getting into the ring.. he says it could take him up to eight months to be ready.

If by eight months he means eight years, then he’s correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That video's hilarious. "MMA is combat.....(dramatic pause)....MORTAL Kombat".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

L5NKtSM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

ricero wrote: »
    Boxing has gone very boring lately. Rare you see much finishes these days in the big fights and there is way too much human punching bag fights.

The sport of MMA is "the star" for me as i find it such an exciting sport to watch. I genuinely think MMA has taken over the 18 - 30 market in terms of fans compared to boxing.

Just to give you another view on this, I think the opposite. Was always an MMA fan and with all this interim belt, champs non fighting, everyone looking for the cash fight (aka the mcgregor era), me and MMA have grown apart the last few months.

And suddenly I'm watching more boxing cards than MMA. GGG, Canelo, Nomaschenko, Joshua. Boxing stock is on the up, for me any way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

paulieeye wrote: »
    Just to give you another view on this, I think the opposite. Was always an MMA fan and with all this interim belt, champs non fighting, everyone looking for the cash fight (aka the mcgregor era), me and MMA have grown apart the last few months.

And suddenly I'm watching more boxing cards than MMA. GGG, Canelo, Nomaschenko, Joshua. Boxing stock is on the up, for me any way

No question. In January, if you looked at the fights in the diary for MMA and also in boxing for 2018 theres no question boxing is a bigger draw. By a mile.

Would've been the opposite in January 2016 and 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

missed opportunity here, Conor and Floyd photoshopped into this would be cool

500-days-of-summer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it's gas that the general consensus, not so much here but on other sites, is that they don't give a **** about Conor anymore.
    Yet guys are literally counting the days since he fought. Maybe it's just a love of memes

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I think it's gas that the general consensus, not so much here but on other sites, is that they don't give a **** about Conor anymore.
    Yet guys are literally counting the days since he fought. Maybe it's just a love of memes

could it be that people enjoy watching him perform in the octagon and are eager to see him there asap? also Im sure some of the people posting here are dying to go on a trip to Vegas or NYC with their mates for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

could it be that people enjoy watching him perform in the octagon and are eager to see him there asap?

That's exactly the reason imo. But that's the point, it's completely at odds with the situation described in first sentence.

I also made it clear I wasn't talking about here. As the Irish connection is a huge factor where it wouldn't be on other sites.

Mellor wrote: »
    That's exactly the reason imo. But that's the point, it's completely at odds with the situation described in first sentence.

I also made it clear I wasn't talking about here. As the Irish connection is a huge factor where it wouldn't be on other sites.
    my apologies, i misread what you wrote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

missed opportunity here, Conor and Floyd photoshopped into this would be cool

500-days-of-summer.jpg

Why would Floyd be on it? He’s retired years and he’s fought in his discipline since Conor did in his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

So Floyd reckons his wrestling is a 7 out of 10 and his kicking a 4 ........what's he talking about? tackling his missus??

I think most would agree that even Conor's wrestling at that level wouldn't be a 7 .......so surely Floyd would be somewhere down in the minuses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

sonofenoch wrote: »
    So Floyd reckons his wrestling is a 7 out of 10 and his kicking a 4 ........what's he talking about? tackling his missus??

I think most would agree that even Conor's wrestling at that level wouldn't be a 7 .......so surely Floyd would be somewhere down in the minuses :D

He gets a 7/10 for beating the Big Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

sonofenoch wrote: »

Ofcourse he's going to talk up his skills. He's trying to sell a potential MMA fight with Conor. He's not going to say that he would be taken down and subbed in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Ofcourse he's going to talk up his skills. He's trying to sell a potential MMA fight with Conor. He's not going to say that he would be taken down and subbed in less than a minute.

He actually said he'd fight at 145, so he says he wouldn't be fighting Conor (lol). Maybe a fancies a tune up vs. Cindy Dandois first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Assuming this photo is current, looks to be in great shape.

https://twitter.com/natethegreatmma/status/979640507126222848

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Will he show for khabib v tony do ye think ? He never misses golden boy artems performances :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It's within the last 6 months anyway. Blue mats went in around September/October iirc

Edit: ****er isn't wearing flip flops either

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Will he show for khabib v tony do ye think ? He never misses golden boy artems performances :)

He'll be there for Artem but no guarantee he'll stick around.

We was cageside for Artem's fight in Belfast and left his seat vacant for the rest of the night as soon as the fight was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Who's the Moldovan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

He's working on leg kicks again by the look of the size of his thighs. Nate 3 ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's working on leg kicks again by the look of the size of his thighs. Nate 3 ?

I wouldn't make that assumption. He had big thighs for the Mayweather fight and I don't think the game plan was leg kicking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

"Friday Night Old School"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9lbkmBwTf/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wouldn't make that assumption. He had big thighs for the Mayweather fight and I don't think the game plan was leg kicking there.

Should have been the plan. He's had big legs ever since the ACL surgery, best way to give extra support to the ligament is develop the supporting muscles around it.

I think his legs are in proper proportion to his torso and arms. Traditionally fighters have had skinny legs compared to the rest of their body, but legs are where the power originates from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I think his legs are in proper proportion to his torso and arms. Traditionally fighters have had skinny legs compared to the rest of their body, but legs are where the power originates from.

That's true of boxers, not MMA fighters. MMA fighters generally have considerably thicker legs than boxers to account for the kicking element in the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That's true of boxers, not MMA fighters. MMA fighters generally have considerably thicker legs than boxers to account for the kicking element in the sport.

And wrestling I can't imagine trying to wrestle with skinny legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement