Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looks like its only going one way. Will buy when hits $1.

If you want a short tomorrow consider Hut8
    Day Change
    +7,900.00%

Us Hive Hdlers were worried about $1.50 shares, Hut8 buyers today have to worry about 5cent shares tomorrow. Happy shorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

grindle wrote: »
    I'm interested to see how all of this plays out with a company like Hive hoarding ETH as they do. They'll have to make all the same economic calls that all the little guys will when the percentage gains are low, but they'll probably have mountains more patience on their side.

Thanks for the hugely interesting reply. Fairly new to the party. I'd be with greenfield. The 150M they raised is reported to be in return for penny stocks. There surely will be huge selling pressure until all these shares have been exchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Still buying the dip on this one guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I picked up some more the day before yesterday.

Don't see alot of faults with the company being honest. As long as crypto is doing ok so should these guys.

Won't be buying any more dips, holding now. I've seen what this can do with a bit of momentum. 4 weeks is a long time in crypto land.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Tough few days.

Tough few days.

Now I know what it feels like to own a bitcoin:)

It'll pass i'm not overly worried. Would like a few green days though.

Just gotta hang in there. Anti HIVE club in here must have made a killing shorting it in the past few days.

Could probably short it again tomorrow, the bitcoin is taking a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

intersting open. might have found support

• Advertisement

That was some order

Marco and Frank must have sold their socks off in San Diego the other day.

At least we have volume regardless of what way it finishes today. It’s not retail buyers with some of those orders.

Volume over 3m already. Much better

Power hour yet to come finish over 5 million would be positive signal.

Over invested in HIVE. Sold out half at 1.60 (good loss) and bought Berkshire Hathaway 3 days ago. Made 5% on that, sold half, now back into HIVE at $1.40. Softens the blow.

This is my long play bet on crypto for the year. Have my target amount of shares.

Won’t be investing in any more crypto/blockchain this year just going to leave this sit and see where it ends up Q2 results in November as it’ll reflect 1mt of full capacity on the current business plan.

I do expect it to start going up steadily shortly though, news announcement any week now about the next mine coming online.

Similar boat, but watched my whole portfolio drop 10% the other day primarily due to HIVE so had to have a rethink. Will hodl now as they say, hoping for more media coverage and general recognition of the company soon.

Suspiciously low volume today for whatever reason.

Suspiciously low volume today for whatever reason.

Im not sure is this the bottom? If it’s turned out we’ve just seen a lure and squeeze play out I’d love if that was the explanation.

There was news that genesis were hit with a cease and decist in South Carolina but that was a few days ago doubt it has anything to do with it.

New news here, still looking good https://www.google.ie/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4156018-hive-blockchain-undervalued-pure-play-crypto-mining-stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

im in again today at 1.40cad, nice ~6% bounce by EOD already on that.
    Still down from an earlier buy-in, but happy to sit on for a few months.

Good bit in that seeking alpha article but this is the bit that caught my eye...

Network Value To Transactions Ratio

This is similar to the price to earnings ratio for stocks and measures an underlying cryptocurrencies value compared to the number of transactions being verified through the blockchain. For instance, Bitcoin currently has a market cap of roughly $160 billion and about $8 billion worth of Bitcoin transactions have been verified on the blockchain so Bitcoin's network value to transactions ratio is about 20, which is often a standard valuation ratio for stocks. The median NVT ratio for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash, and ZCash (all coins that HIVE mines) is about 34. If we apply that to HIVE's projected earnings of $56 million, we get an implied equity valuation of $1.9 billion or about $6.34 per share (466% upside). Obviously, this represents a substantial upside but makes sense, given the inherent risks and growth upside for the cryptocurrency market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

gamblor101 wrote: »
    ....HBF is the euro version

Hi,

Just wondering, are most here investing in the CAD$ version and if so, why ?

...is it down to there being less liquidity in the Euro version, for example ?

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken it's cheaper to trade on the TSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    If I'm not mistaken it's cheaper to trade on the TSX.

Okay, thanks, I had not thought about that.

Obviously, some may take a view on buying shares in a foreign currency, but in reality we all need to keep in mind the currency / currencies that the company generates it's revenues in too !

Thanks,

G.

Yea got that email, if there only 1 cent might pick up a few. Could tap out on a high this year and buy back next year if it’s above $3.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »

He was right but he's reasoning for shorting it is way off. He doesn't understand it. The other article from the same site yesterday was a lot more comprehensive and they were going long.

From the shorter article:

Moreover, there are now thousands of cryptocurrencies available, and some of them have unlimited supply. Thus, supply of both cryptocurrencies and cryptominers is increasing, while cryptocurrency mining costs and complexity are mounting. Not a pretty picture for a company going through hundreds of millions of dollars of cash, has a net loss of -$20.5M, has only generated $171k in revenues thus far, and has not provided any revenue guidance

He doesn't understand why the 20M loss, no mention that the 171k was only 12 days trading and completely lied on other parts, that's what shorters do, FUD, FUD, FUD.

• Advertisement

bad opening but it's recovered on volume, seems to be active today.

Advertisement