Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    The transmission is very clunky between gears and forward and reverse. Cab is small, no place for tools or even to put your boots. I don't really like the lay out of the gears. I was driving a versatile earlier in the week and I preferred that .A/C is good in it alright.

What NH is it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭davidk1394

T9.450, three of them in total. Between the blade,tractor and weights they come in at 30 tonnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

T9.450, three of them in total. Between the blade,tractor and weights they come in at 30 tonnes

I think they have chocolate brakes too. Better suited for pto power than pulling etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I think they have chocolate brakes too. Better suited for pto power than pulling etc

Their only alright. They get a fair going at this job. On the roll tractor today for a while. I was driving their new Deere 9 470 rx a while ago. Very rough on concrete but it was nice to drive. Forward, reverse and the gear are on the one lever. Ideal for field work not really for a pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭visatorro

Anyone know if I can retrofit a third seat into a tractor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭dzer2

visatorro wrote: »
    Is this a cause for celebrating

dzer2 wrote: »
    Is this a cause for celebrating

Relation unable to drive so not really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Their only alright. They get a fair going at this job. On the roll tractor today for a while. I was driving their new Deere 9 470 rx a while ago. Very rough on concrete but it was nice to drive. Forward, reverse and the gear are on the one lever. Ideal for field work not really for a pit.

Done a seeding season in one of those Deeres and really got to love it. Well able to put the power to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

visatorro wrote: »

Hard to know where you'd put it, hardly enough room for the second seat.
    They just bolt onto the mudguard if you have room

wrangler wrote: »
    Hard to know where you'd put it, hardly enough room for the second seat.
    They just bolt onto the mudguard if you have room

Was thinking the ride front of the cab facing towards the back window. Just wondering if someone seen something before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The old zetor crystals l think had the passenger seat on the mudguard behind the drivers seat but prob not enough room in modern cabs for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

visatorro wrote:

What tractor is it because that might help?

What tractor is it because that might help?

Case maxuum 100, 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Bought a rauch spreader yesterday, holds 26 bags with cover. One hopper as better on steep ground. Traded in the sulky, won't be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭Grueller

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Bought a rauch spreader yesterday, holds 26 bags with cover. One hopper as better on steep ground. Traded in the sulky, won't be missed

What was the problem with the sulky Kev? They would be well regarded about here.

In fairness not too bad as I payed 1k for it 8 yrs ago, housing that held ram came off as it was old so when I welded back on it never shut fully, my fault but a trail of fertilliser. Found on some hills for some reason wouldn't spread on one side great. All I all a good but old spreader, serious width too

Grueller wrote:
    What was the problem with the sulky Kev? They would be well regarded about here.

I'm starting to come around to with certain machinery, yer better off buying new. Rauch is 5400 new so I went for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I'm starting to come around to with certain machinery, yer better off buying new. Rauch is 5400 new so I went for it

Have you GPS? Would wider runs work on the hills or would a small but if wind goose it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

your back will be fairly booked after lifting 26 bags

Mooooo wrote:
    Have you GPS? Would wider runs work on the hills or would a small but if wind goose it

I was thinking of gps, anyone recommend any a ford able units? Some hills I wouldn't be able to drive straight up as too steep, so I could start a set iykwim so drive up flatter and come down steep bit. Wider is better as less travelling but wind can be quite strong here, I liked the sulky but Bro bought a new one 3 yrs ago and is seeing slight rust so ill stay away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Neighbour bought new rauch with cover about 8 years ago and the hopper is beginning to rot with rust!!! this spreader was always housed but where sieve sits on hopper is the main rusty spots

ganmo wrote: »
    your back will be fairly booked after lifting 26 bags

I used to use all small bags and found them no problem but I left them on the bale traile and dropped them into the spinner.

cute geoge wrote:
    Neighbour bought new rauch with cover about 8 years ago and the hopper is beginning to rot with rust!!! this spreader was always housed but where sieve sits on hopper is the main rusty spots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I was using some 37.5 kg bags of urea over the weekend and they are so much easier to lift. I tgink all bagsshould be max 40kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I was using some 37.5 kg bags of urea over the weekend and they are so much easier to lift. I tgink all bagsshould be max 40kg.

Id agree with that, I'd run away with two bags of nuts on my shoulder but there's something very awkward about a 50kg bag of fert.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Id agree with that, I'd run away with two bags of nuts on my shoulder but there's something very awkward about a 50kg bag of fert.

Yeah noticed the same today when unloading the van of both fert and meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah noticed the same today when unloading the van of both fert and meal

Bag of coal or similar at 35/40kg is alright.
    Anything more than that is fairly tough going considering I’ll have 8kg on a bag of nitrogen....
    Feck all I can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

cute geoge wrote: »

Any spreader can rot, Spreader may not have been washed downed or oiled properly, I know of farmers who would do neither.

Bag of coal or similar at 35/40kg is alright.
    Anything more than that is fairly tough going considering I’ll have 8kg on a bag of nitrogen....
    Feck all I can do about it.

You weigh 58kg? At one stage before I got back into running I weghed the same as yourself and the bag of nitrogen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I was thinking of gps, anyone recommend any a ford able units? Some hills I wouldn't be able to drive straight up as too steep, so I could start a set iykwim so drive up flatter and come down steep bit. Wider is better as less travelling but wind can be quite strong here, I liked the sulky but Bro bought a new one 3 yrs ago and is seeing slight rust so ill stay away

I think there is one for 900 to 1200 can't think of the name at the min
    Edit Trimble I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement