Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

You guys on the southside have no idea what you're missing.

Blizzard conditions, snow piling up. Visibility a real issue here with the drifting.

Give us some good news Kermit. Anything coming our way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

That is actually crazy snow out there now (D15) haven't seen snow like that since Val D'Sere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I just got my milk delivered for tomorrow too... Good job milkman, don't pity you out in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,451 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Give us some good news Kermit. Anything coming our way

There is some development in the Irish sea that may be more favorable in the next hour or two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

Long time lurker, first time poster

Such an incredible vista with the snow. Will be a long time before we ever see anything of this magnitude.

Kudos and thanks to the regular posters for sharing their expertise and predictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Still Tipping down nicely here

What passes Kildare always ends up in Laois. I know its incoming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    My house is on a corner leading into my estate. Lost count the number of tools who’ve nearly spun, hit another car or come through my front garden because they’re going to fast around the corner. What is it with people and these conditions in cars? They think they’re some sort of magic vehicles.

Oh don't I know the type, they're so and so and it could never happen to them...

Probably thinking the road will save them because accidents only happen to people in other cars....

Mother Nature doesn't forgive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Canada and Norway much colder than Scotland...no comparison.......

Yes but are Canadian, scottish and Norwegian sheep genetically different to Irish sheep in that they can endure snow whereas Irish sheep can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Claire6

Pinch Flat wrote:
    My house is on a corner leading into my estate. Lost count the number of tools who’ve nearly spun, hit another car or come through my front garden because they’re going to fast around the corner. What is it with people and these conditions in cars? They think they’re some sort of magic vehicles.

Lot of peopl think they are invincible until something happens. So scary to even feel the steering wheel so light under the hands this morning, let alone taking corners at speed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

2018 - 1982 = 36
    1982 - 1947 = 35

Just sayin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Belting down again.

New development now in Irish sea may offer southsiders hope.

Good spot, something brewing and looks right trajectory for south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Claire6 wrote: »
    Friend from Poland saying the same to me. "it's -20° in Poland. People just don't know how to drive here. Its embarrassing"...

Makes me sooo mad!!

This attitude from foreigners is really annoying. It is EIGHT YEARS since we had serious snow in this country. In Poland it is a regular occurance but not here. Do they honestly think we have the resources to deal with an event which might occur once or twice a decade, what are we supposed to do, rent an air craft hanger the size of croke park for salt? People aren't used to driving in snow cos we don't get any. I know someone who lived in Sydney who said Aussie drivers are useless in the rain so its not just here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

looks like another heavy shower is en route to cork city. I don't think anybody was expecting this much down here tonight. Im delighted so far. Brought my dog for a walk and he went mental in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Galeforce

Blizzard conditions, snow piling up. Visibility a real issue here with the drifting.

Anything showing for North county Dublin feeling left out 10 mins down the road they are getting blizzards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

xbmPwqU.jpg

:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There is some development in the Irish sea that may be more favorable in the next hour or two.
    We've been hearing this all day! :D

Looks favourable, then a few hours later northsiders and other southsiders talk about their blizzards while us D18 residents look out at the calm and bright winters day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Sure I saw a flash of lighting, towards Naas direction, I am in suncroft kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

The last time I saw snow like this was in Pralognan la vanoise in the French Alps.

MEGA/MEGA snow in Dublin 15....Blanchardstown..,....m.there must be some making it to parts of south Dublin ..has to be...

Nearly 25 cm here....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

This attitude from foreigners is really annoying. It is EIGHT YEARS since we had serious snow in this country. In Poland it is a regular occurance but not here. Do they honestly think we have the resources to deal with an event which might occur once or twice a decade, what are we supposed to do, rent an air craft hanger the size of croke park for salt? People aren't used to driving in snow cos we don't get any. I know someone who lived in Sydney who said Aussie drivers are useless in the rain so its not just here.

You are doing the point too much of a service by getting cross about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,653 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I cleared my step an hour ago now now look. Iv never seen as much snow. My garden is disappearing. It's worrying for tomorrow if she dumps the totals that's expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I did it I got bread 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

awec wrote: »
    We've been hearing this all day! :D

Looks favourable, then a few hours later northsiders and other southsiders talk about their blizzards while us D18 residents look out at the calm and bright winters day. :pac:

With 12cm of snow on the ground, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

That is actually crazy snow out there now (D15) haven't seen snow like that since Val D'Sere!

Yep. I've never seen this kind of snow here before. I was living overseas for a few years so missed the 2010 snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

-2c snowing and my weather station here near Arklow has it gusting to 60kmh
    I’ve just came in from it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Clear skies now approaching from the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

The last time I saw snow like this was in Pralognan la vanoise in the French Alps.

MEGA/MEGA snow in Dublin 15....Blanchardstown..,....m.there must be some making it to parts of south Dublin ..has to be...

Nearly 25 cm here....

Nothing in Sandyford since just after lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Any pics??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Ah still have another hour or so to go here, would love a pint though! :D

Well if you're near capel street I'll shout you one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Come back again after tomorrow.

The Day after Tomorrow might be better again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement