Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

There might yet be a bit of life in this streamer

WEB_radar4_201802281930.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Blizzard like again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Heavy snow D14- streamer shifting south??
    Confirm goatstown getting that too. Which is handy cos i need a reload to finish off the igloo in the morning, ran out of diggable snow earlier, half finished

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Icicles at the moment > 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Absolute snowmageddon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

ARe you the RTE fella???

That bloke who slipped and the clip was on TV? No... I'm a girlllll for starters. ha ha.

Anyway I am also tech negative, so I don't know how to embed vids. But I feel I could be this woman in the ice. Minus the PJs and the dressing gown, the big bag and the slightly drunk look of her of course... But it is hilarious....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6NJMjOk09Q&t=10s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    I go to put the kids in bed and 30mins later, the whole road is covered again with what looks to be almost as much snow as was there this morning!! (Lucan)

Yeah pretty bad in Lucan. Great for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Pangea wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know if there is a weather station in Killybegs town?

Barry Electronic used to have one but the site seems to be down. They sold Davis weather stations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

easyvision wrote: »
    Looks like South DUB is escaping an shower, technically under 1 currently but not a flake in Cabinteely. This house bound thing has me craving serious comfort food!!

On clonkeen road and the kids have been hanging out the back door for some more all day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I use raintoday.co.uk but thats the premium version , think its 25 buck a year

Is it worth it vs NW Radar?

I've been unlucky here in the last few hours. Light shnizzle, no shadows just showers all seem to be going north or south.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The advice seems to be that People in Leinster and Munster, are advised to stay in their homes from 4pm tomorrow ( and through into Friday afternoon).
    Even leaving it until 5pm may be too late to commute for the general SE areas.

I1cmh9Z.png

If you are in control of a vehicle during full constant blizzard conditions,
    it will make a regular dense morning fog, look like a nice day out for a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pad199207 wrote: »
    It just has ta! :D

Was just about to post, the same, wind shifted e/ne , temperature dropped 1.5c down to_2.5c here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

-4 in sligo, had a very heavy blizzard earlier for about an hour.

Minor roads are a nice rink

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

histGraphAll?ID=EIDW&type=3&width=614&type=3

Starting to dip now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

2010 isn't really a comparable event in anyway if this actually plays out the way it is looking at the moment. 82 seems more something of this nature although I wasn't around back then so can't really grasp the magnitude of that event.

It's reminiscent of 2010 over here in the northwest as the temperatures are very low, we have a good bit of snow now (and getting no warnings or coverage on the telly :) )

I wasn't expecting much here (following the forecasts) but I reckon there will be an Orange warning soon for connacht.

1982 was lovely deep snow ( deeper than what I'm seeing on the TV for Dublin now) and we got a week off school - don't remember it as arctic.

South Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

D24 Firhouse starting to come down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

JJayoo wrote: »
    -4 in sligo, had a very heavy blizzard earlier for about an hour.

Minor roads are a nice rink

I like a nice rink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Starting to Snow in Naas now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

That bloke who slipped and the clip was on TV? No... I'm a girlllll for starters. ha ha.

Anyway I am also tech negative, so I don't know how to embed vids. But I feel I could be this woman in the ice. Minus the PJs and the dressing gown, the big bag and the slightly drunk look of her of course... But it is hilarious....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6NJMjOk09Q&t=10s

Oh my God, that's hilarious :D How she didn't spifflicate herself on the railings i don't know..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Disaster; the lamp post outside my house just went out :-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

-3 on the Wex/Wicklow border. Still only a dusting on the ground from earlier. Streamer looks like it's going to bulldoze over Anglesey and come for a direct hit around midnight hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

gabeeg wrote: »
    There might yet be a bit of life in this streamer

WEB_radar4_201802281930.png

Yep

WEB_radar5_201802281945.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Heavy snow again in South Kilkenny, coming down for the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Pretzill wrote: »
    It's reminiscent of 2010 over here in the northwest as the temperatures are very low, we have a good bit of snow now (and getting no warnings or coverage on the telly :) )

I wasn't expecting much here (following the forecasts) but I reckon there will be an Orange warning soon for connacht.

1982 was lovely deep snow ( deeper than what I'm seeing on the TV for Dublin now) and we got a week off school - don't remember it as arctic.

South Sligo
    90m asl

There has been an orange warning for Connaught since earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Heavy snow, thunder and lightning here in An Rinn Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm seeing the comparisons to 2010. For my area specifically, it's nothing compared to 2010. 2010 had far more impressive snow here than today. Nevertheless, it has been beautiful! I cannot complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

colm18 wrote: »
    Disaster; the lamp post outside my house just went out :-O

Are you okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm seeing the comparisons to 2010. For my area specifically, it's nothing compared to 2010. 2010 had far more impressive snow here than today. Nevertheless, it has been beautiful! I cannot complain.

Come back again after tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

sdanseo wrote: »
    Is it worth it vs NW Radar?

I've been unlucky here in the last few hours. Light shnizzle, no shadows just showers all seem to be going north or south.

I think it is myself but have being using it years like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Whiteout in Ranelagh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement